Phillips vs Rouseau(Scouts take)

Phillips - teens to early 20s as much as I'd love him to fall to my Bucs. Earliest would be Giants if they actually trade down to 13. Late teens more likely

Rousseau - late 1st (last third of the round). The fact that there were rumors of him slipping to Day 2 then pushback and now the top insiders all project him 1st is a good sign. Seems like multiple teams won't let him pass them.

Roche - early Day 3
Really you don’t see roche being snapped up late 3 early 4v

Advertisement
Well here’s hoping all 3 plus Brevin go to good teams who will actively utilize their talents. I have no idea where they will go but as long as they continue to project upwards and play well in the league it bodes well for our recruiting.

Advertisement
Y'all love talking about Greg being a freak but Phillips is the fvckin freak. Greg is just 8 feet tall. Other than that he has no other freakish traits. Phillips ran a **** 4.5 forty, is muscled the **** up, explosive as **** on contact and can actually bend the edge. (something Greg hasn't shown one time yet)

Y'all love talking about Greg being a freak but Phillips is the fvckin freak. Greg is just 8 feet tall. Other than that he has no other freakish traits. Phillips ran a **** 4.5 forty, is muscled the **** up, explosive as **** on contact and can actually bend the edge. (something Greg hasn't shown one time yet)
Phillips is the truth but Greg is a freak, too. He’s 6’7, huge hands, ran the fastest 10-yard split of the DEs and can find the football. His awareness is really good for someone so big.

One of my best friends is from Mich, graduated from there, and is a huge Wolverines fan....

He said “I’d take all three of the Miami DE’s over Paye” says he has no pass rush skills and his play doesn’t match his testing numbers.

take it for what it’s worth
Yeah for sure. My best friend works for the Michigan football team. He says similar

Advertisement
I am taking Rousseau first. He is a freak and the NFL is all about freaks. Sitting out a year doesn't change anything. He came in his 2nd year and dominated as soon as he stepped on the field. F the haters. Seems like a bunch of bs being spread so a team that wants him can get him with a later draft pick.
Didn’t phillips sit out 2 years?

/just asking

Advertisement
I don’t agree with you here, and we usually agree.

rousseau isn’t just or so much about height. There are plenty of tall guys. It’s length, reach, hands, agility, quickness. There aren’t many guys a decade with his combination of traits. And it isn’t just measurables. He was a sack machine as a freshman. What he has, you can’t replicate. He needs work amd he may or may not succeed, but if he does, we’ll know why.

phillips has talent but imo people who think he’s a freak, will be disappointed. He’s going to go against a very different caliber of OL. I’m not convinced he’s going to seem like a freak to them. He will have tp answer questions too.

I personally think he's ridiculously underrated just because of his height. He's playing in the league a long time.
Agree, he is a matchup nightmare. His health holds and he can be good player in the L. Hes not Pitts but who is?

I don’t agree with you here, and we usually agree.

rousseau isn’t just or so much about height. There are plenty of tall guys. It’s length, reach, hands, agility, quickness. There aren’t many guys a decade with his combination of traits. And it isn’t just measurables. He was a sack machine as a freshman. What he has, you can’t replicate. He needs work amd he may or may not succeed, but if he does, we’ll know why.

phillips has talent but imo people who think he’s a freak, will be disappointed. He’s going to go against a very different caliber of OL. I’m not convinced he’s going to seem like a freak to them. He will have tp answer questions too.

There's no "thinking" about Phillips, he performed and tested like a freak. What leads you to believe he'll have problems with NFL OL while Greg won't?

Advertisement
There's no "thinking" about Phillips, he performed and tested like a freak. What leads you to believe he'll have problems with NFL OL while Greg won't?
You make little sense here.

first, testing well doesn’t make someone a great player.

second, i never said ‘greg won’t have challenges.‘

third, I gave reasons why he may be different amd more unique than phillips.

you can think what you want. Physically, Rousseau’a size and length present a different challenge than phillips. And imo rousseau has more room to keep developing.

i love reading the anonymous takes that phillips has character concerns. there is LITERALLY footage of him giving someone the shirt off his back.

it's silly season!
They soft af this generation....prolly cause he said "lemme eat ni99@" in one game...it doesn't help he's a cane. Must be a criminal

Advertisement
Back