Phillips vs Rouseau(Scouts take)

Really you don’t see roche being snapped up late 3 early 4v
Yeah I said early Day 3 that's early 4.
I personally think he's ridiculously underrated just because of his height. He's playing in the league a long time.
He's reportedly falling on a lot of boards due to interviews. Tommy Tremble isn't tall either and he had 19 catches last year yet he's being projected ahead of Jordan.

I think I was the only one on here who said Jordan made a mistake declaring, fwiw. And I'm usually in favor of guys leaving early when it's at all warranted.

Advertisement
Phillips is the truth but Greg is a freak, too. He’s 6’7, huge hands, ran the fastest 10-yard split of the DEs and can find the football. His awareness is really good for someone so big.
@DMoney I love when people try so hard to just make **** up to help their case. Look at the two guys standing next to each other and then tell me GR isn't a Freak. GR will have the better career IMO.

Personally I think testing numbers are overrated, to an extent. I’d take on field production > elite numbers. But then again I’m just a guy on the internet lol
Cameron Jordan one of the best DE's in the NFL

4.74 40 31inc Vert 11" hand size

GR Pro Day 4.71 40 30 inch Vert 11" hand size

Combine means squat

Advertisement
I don’t agree with you here, and we usually agree.

rousseau isn’t just or so much about height. There are plenty of tall guys. It’s length, reach, hands, agility, quickness. There aren’t many guys a decade with his combination of traits. And it isn’t just measurables. He was a sack machine as a freshman. What he has, you can’t replicate. He needs work amd he may or may not succeed, but if he does, we’ll know why.

phillips has talent but imo people who think he’s a freak, will be disappointed. He’s going to go against a very different caliber of OL. I’m not convinced he’s going to seem like a freak to them. He will have tp answer questions too.
This is exactly why I think GR will have a better career.

He's reportedly falling on a lot of boards due to interviews. Tommy Tremble isn't tall either and he had 19 catches last year yet he's being projected ahead of Jordan.

I think I was the only one on here who said Jordan made a mistake declaring, fwiw. And I'm usually in favor of guys leaving early when it's at all warranted.
I thought day 2 was rounds 2,3,4 and day 3 was 5,6,7

My apologies

Wow, I didn't know about the bad interviews. Seems like a bright kid that loves football.

Advertisement

I'm pretty sure plenty said he should return and show scouts that he can stay healthy for a season.

I'm pretty sure plenty said he should return and show scouts that he can stay healthy for a season.
Maybe you're right I just remember a lot of people trying to argue and disagree with me. For me it was about more than just durability though. There are holes and inconsistencies in his game and it makes sense that he's "sliding" late in the process when coaches get more involved with scouting.

Cameron Jordan one of the best DE's in the NFL

4.74 40 31inc Vert 11" hand size

GR Pro Day 4.71 40 30 inch Vert 11" hand size

Combine means squat
This has been my comparison for Rousseau ever since he declared. I don't think he's suited to play RE but better suited to play LE, he's got the ability to constantly set the edge and he's going to collapse the pocket on a regular basis. May be raw right now but with the right defensive staff he'll get real good real fast. I'm hoping one of Phillips or Rousseau drop to 30 for Buffalo.

Hunter was very raw coming out of LSU. His success in the NFL is a testament to what good coaching can do because MAN was he unimpressive. Oweh is much more refined as a DE and teams may want to take that risk on Day 2.

You keep going back to looking good in shorts. They looked good on the field as well lol.
Yea day 2 not round 1 hahaha

Advertisement
Phillips might be somewhat quite his first couple years but when it comes time for that second contract he’s going to ball out. I see Greg being more consistent through his career but not reaching the heights Phillips does.

Phillips - teens to early 20s as much as I'd love him to fall to my Bucs. Earliest would be Giants if they actually trade down to 13. Late teens more likely

Rousseau - late 1st (last third of the round). The fact that there were rumors of him slipping to Day 2 then pushback and now the top insiders all project him 1st is a good sign. Seems like multiple teams won't let him pass them.

Roche - early Day 3

Naw man they gotta keep the Rousseau sucks train rolling so he can slide down to 32.

Advertisement
Phillips and Rousseau are #1 #2 for me objectively viewing it. Paye and Oweh are just elite testing numbers as far as I'm concerned...the same scouts that are questioning Rousseau's body of work are the same dudes jizzing over the collective 35 sacks between the other 2 in their full 4/5 years put together.. ***** goofy to me.
Reminds me of when Dion Jordan came out and they billed him as a can't miss because of his testing numbers but his numbers on the field were just ok. Fins drafted him 3rd overall and he's done **** in the league. Give me production all day over elite testing numbers.

The "character concerns" aren't that Phillips is a bad guy...it's stupid old-school football mindsets that you can't love football if you have other interests. Obviously the scumbag UCLA coaches like Chip Kelly badmouthed Phillips from his time there saying he's more about music than football and he's immature and yadayada.

For me it's quite simple - watch one series of Phillips at Miami and tell me he doesn't love football. You can't fake tenacity like that.

If there's a real concern with him it's concussions.
Exactly concussions would be my only concern...either way he should be literally set for life in the next 48 hours.. he could play 10 years and still have a music career on the back end.

Who knows?? All anyone can do now is guess. It's up to the NFL. I wish them both well

Their final rankings in the draft will go some way towards providing the answer towards who's VIEWED as the better player. ....BUT considering the "scouts & talent evaluators" propensity for sometimes selecting complete BUSTS and totally missing out on some future ALL Stars, I give these rankings an overall "MEH?!" rating

The Final PROOF of WHO IS THE BETTER PLAYER ALWAYS comes from their NFL on the field performance and career

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back