Phillips vs Rouseau(Scouts take)

Where do our guys project based on what you’ve been hearing?
Phillips - teens to early 20s as much as I'd love him to fall to my Bucs. Earliest would be Giants if they actually trade down to 13. Late teens more likely

Rousseau - late 1st (last third of the round). The fact that there were rumors of him slipping to Day 2 then pushback and now the top insiders all project him 1st is a good sign. Seems like multiple teams won't let him pass them.

Roche - early Day 3

Advertisement
Is everyone down on Paye, and or Oweh, just looking at stats? They're both viewed highly because they're already really good run defenders. Paye doesn't have much upside as an elite pass-rusher like Phillips though. Teams are betting on Oweh having a Danielle Hunter like rise (can't find the stat but I think Oweh was #1 in QB pressures in 2019).

Also, teams aren't drafting players just because they have a lot of sacks.

Phillips - teens to early 20s as much as I'd love him to fall to my Bucs. Earliest would be Giants if they actually trade down to 13. Late teens more likely

Rousseau - late 1st (last third of the round). The fact that there were rumors of him slipping to Day 2 then pushback and now the top insiders all project him 1st is a good sign. Seems like multiple teams won't let him pass them.

Roche - early Day 3
He'd be perfect for Miami at #18.

Is everyone down on Paye, and or Oweh, just looking at stats? They're both viewed highly because they're already really good run defenders. Paye doesn't have much upside as an elite pass-rusher like Phillips though. Teams are betting on Oweh having a Danielle Hunter like rise (can't find the stat but I think Oweh was #1 in QB pressures in 2019).

Also, teams aren't drafting players just because they have a lot of sacks.
Danielle Hunter was also picked in round 3 or 4. U don’t draft a guy on 0 production bc he looks good in shorts. I’ve never been that way

Danielle Hunter was also picked in round 3 or 4. U don’t draft a guy on 0 production bc he looks good in shorts. I’ve never been that way
Hunter was very raw coming out of LSU. His success in the NFL is a testament to what good coaching can do because MAN was he unimpressive. Oweh is much more refined as a DE and teams may want to take that risk on Day 2.

You keep going back to looking good in shorts. They looked good on the field as well lol.

Advertisement
Its that time of the week right before the draft when scouts/front office people start leaking negative BS hoping a player they love falls in the drop. Character issues with Phillips? LOL. Wow. I am sure they will start bad mouthing Rousseau to no end now too for sitting out... But for some reason Jamarr Chase, who also sat out last season, is still a top 10 pick on everyones board and nobody brings that up when discussing him... Its all BS tactics.

Phillips and Rousseau are the top 2 edge prospects in the draft. Phillips deserves to go higher because he's a cleaner on-field evaluation. Rousseau has huge upside. There is a drop-off after those two.

Roche is a very good football player but I can see the upside concerns.
At what point do you start putting part of the blame on the coaches and the culture? Phillips showing his *ss in a toxic locker room or whatever he allegedly did, is on par with Trevon Hill getting tossed bc he couldn’t handle being around losers and people who didn’t care. (Although I will say Phillips seems like a MUCH more mature kid than Hill.) Seems like you would want the kid that couldn’t stand losing and went overboard one time, compared to the one who didn’t.

Advertisement
Phillips 10-25.
Rousseau 25-40.
Roche Late 3rd, Early 4th.

There are like 600 draft eligible players. Some teams have already stated they only have like 150 draftable players period in this year's draft with another 50-75 they would consider as a UDFA for their team. This draft has good talent through 3 rounds, but things are going to get gross in the 4th round. Can't imagine a guy like Roche being on the very bottom end of that draftable player list, IMO. I understand the questions of upside, but I think he's a solid lunch pail guy that coaches will like and they'll take him when projectable starters run out.

Roche - early Day 3
What about Brevin?

The Kwity Paye hype is a ******* joke
I keep seeing him linked to Minnesota's pick and if THAT happens I might legitimately just call it quits on them finally lol. He had ONE YEAR where he had more than 2 sacks.....at a whopping 6.5 which was actually funny enough, 1 sack more than his other 3 years combined.

Advertisement
I Think Rosseau is a much better fit for the Dolphins because he can kick inside and he's a TFL machine besides the sacks. I'm praying.
We need someone to set the edge AND be able to get after the QB. Greg doesn't do both consistently enough yet.

Advertisement

Roche - early Day 3
I saw one mock draft having GR15 taken at 32 by our Bucs. Spend a year behind JPP. Would love this, however unlikely.

I don’t understand the Pate love burning probably being bias
One of my best friends is from Mich, graduated from there, and is a huge Wolverines fan....

He said “I’d take all three of the Miami DE’s over Paye” says he has no pass rush skills and his play doesn’t match his testing numbers.

take it for what it’s worth

Advertisement
Back