Phillip Sims transferring from Bama

What in **** are National Champion Alabama fans doing on our little 'Cane site?

Sorry. Forgot.

Literacy.

Advertisement
If I wanted an Alabama fans opinion on Alabama related matters, I wouldnt be on a Canes board right now.

I saw an inquiry about a Bama player, and I chimed in. Consider yourself lucky.

I see Duval is still on Will Blackwell's jock.

Nobody knew what AJ was capable, even you. ;)

We see this all the time. Auburn is about to have a logjam at QB, Urban got Cam Newton, Driskel, Brantley right after Tebow. Pete Carroll at USC....etc. My fave was DJ Shockley winning the SEC after waiting behind David Greene.

He was dum for going there in the first place, It's never a good idea to go to a big time school that has a big time QB one year ahead of you. He will transfer. He could never beat out AJ after monday night and AJ still has two years left to play.

If he doesnt transfer he is Mitch Mustain II.

He's the son of Phil Sr. and Whoopi Goldberg... ;) :D

Btw, Phil and his dad have stated he's not transferring....again.

I have a text directly from Phillip Sims that says he's going to transfer to Virginia. Eat **** ******.

Advertisement
Yeah except that this kid almost won the job at ******* Alabama. Have you seen what we've been dealing with since Dorsey? I'll gladly take a transfer and former 5 star QB over any unproven kid out of HS at this point.

FWIW, Pannunzio says Morris is a better QB prospect than anyone on Bama.

The truth of the matter is, black QBs will never really got a fair shake at Bama. I shake my head ever time a highly ranked black QB commits there. Not saying that Simms should be playing over McCarron, just that the fans are much harder on a black QB and most of them don't even want one.

Advertisement
The truth of the matter is, black QBs will never really got a fair shake at Bama. I shake my head ever time a highly ranked black QB commits there. Not saying that Simms should be playing over McCarron, just that the fans are much harder on a black QB and most of them don't even want one.

Who were the other highly ranked AA qbs to Bama? Star Jackson? What you said is nonsense.

I have the utmost faith that nick saban will give a Black QB a fair chance. Now, that doesn't mean that some fans may not give a Black QB ****, but Nick saban could give a **** what fans think.

Advertisement
2010 QB class is the most over rated of all time.

Not really. Sims was #50 in that class.

uhhhh he was the number 2 pro style QB in the nation...da fugg u takin bout?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/footb...-Sims-63902;_ylt=Als_ttXTp29mMMCEBzY6bwdDspB4

And he was #50 overall in that class. Normally, a top QB would be at least top 20.

he was the 67th ranked player in the nation mane

Nobody knew what AJ was capable, even you. ;)

We see this all the time. Auburn is about to have a logjam at QB, Urban got Cam Newton, Driskel, Brantley right after Tebow. Pete Carroll at USC....etc. My fave was DJ Shockley winning the SEC after waiting behind David Greene.

He was dum for going there in the first place, It's never a good idea to go to a big time school that has a big time QB one year ahead of you. He will transfer. He could never beat out AJ after monday night and AJ still has two years left to play.

If he doesnt transfer he is Mitch Mustain II.

If a QB is rated in the top ten nationally and makes it to the Elite 11 EVERYBODY knows what he is capable of. It's not like McCarron was some sleeper.

Lets not forget you told me Sims would beat out AJ last august.

As for what we see all the time...we see smart QBs with big heads who think they can beat out anybody in the nation at any Uni they choose to play for like Mustain, Berlin, Justin Zwick, Jesse Scroggins, Jacoby Brissett and we see even smarter ones who understand it's about going somewhere where u fit the offense, will be starting early, trying to get at least three years as a starter with a staff that will be patient with you and develop you.

We just saw one of the latter win the heisman. Last year another like him got drafted by the Titans. Go where you can start and play long enough to develop.....Locker got all the time he needed....something he never would of gotten if he went to USC.

The former take chances. Like Brantley at UF.

Sometimes they really can beat out anybody, but most of the time chance plays a part and quite often the other dude is just better.

However, even though the other dude is better, it doesnt mean u couldnt be a big time starter also....but no one can see that when u sit the bench and it's tuff to do when u transfer and get one year as a starter in the new school. Sims could of been a starter by now with several years ahead of him as the starter at a smaller school.

If he stays at Bama he will have one year....if he is lucky. Some Youngblood who feels he can beat out anybody may be a year or two behind him and whup his *** out for the start when AJ graduates.

Btw, where is Shockley now after his one year as a starter...not where Sims wants to be I believe.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why not? I mean we took a transfer out of Memphis but we are to good former a 4* or 5* recruit.

Yes please. He's better than anything we have on the roster at QB and better than any of the recruits we have coming in.

No Thanks, i have went to the past 2 springs games, i don't want him! Go Canes, I'm happy with the guys Golden is going after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
t

Advertisement
Back