Phillip Sims transferring from Bama

Gulf shores? lulz. That is white trash city unless you are at the very end of the strip

Too funny, i lived in SF for over 21 years, talk about trash now, lol. I was at gulf shores beach for the past 4 days, didn't see that white trash you were talking about, lol. You're full of it! I still live in SF for 5 months a year, Orange beach and Gulf shores blows away any SF beach and you don't have to pay cops 200k a year to protect you, lol. In fact you hardly ever see a cop, the crime rate is very low, i guess all the white trash keeps out the criminals. lol On one hand you have the cops and firemen robbing you blind down there and the criminals on the other, lol.

Advertisement
Brock Berlin was our last good Qb. Not to mention he was a spread Qb in a pro set offense. His record vs in state teams speaks for itself.

BB was a great QB, the coach was brain dead and didn't use his skills to the full potential.

I didn't say they had to be highly ranked. The fact of the matter is that the majority of Bama's fan base do not want a black QB. I've grown up with them. They are some of the most racest people you will ever meet. Andrew Zow was a lot better than Tyler Watts sorry ***, but as soon as he made a mistake then "N" word would go flying all over the place and the fans would start yelling to put Watts in. This has nothing to do with Saban. I do believe he could care less if a player is white, black, green, or pink at any position. He will play the best player. But the Bama fans will never embrace a black QB like they will a white one.

FACT

You sir, are retarded.

I've lived in Alabama my whole life. I just call it like I see it.

My bad, little harsh there haha. Though I think if a black QB with crazy skill went to Bama and won a lot ala Cam Newton, the fans would embrace him just as much.

This. I'm from SW Georgia, right on the bama state line. Trust me, I know good and well that racism still plays a big part in the deep south.

HOWEVER, you know what is even more important to folks? even the biggest/dumbest of rednecks?

winning

Very true Charlie Sheen, but what I am saying is that the first time that black QB makes one mistake, the racism comes out in full force. White QBs have always had a much longer rope (no pun intended) than black QBs. Even those who weren't worth a **** and didn't deserve one. I've never once heard a Bama fan yell "Get that stupid ****** out of the game." But I've heard the opposite of that a lot more than once. And don't get me wrong, Simms just sucked. If you go back to the beginning of this thread I say just that. But it doesn't matter how good they are in T-town. Eventually, you'll hear it.

You sir, are retarded.

I've lived in Alabama my whole life. I just call it like I see it.

My bad, little harsh there haha. Though I think if a black QB with crazy skill went to Bama and won a lot ala Cam Newton, the fans would embrace him just as much.

This. I'm from SW Georgia, right on the bama state line. Trust me, I know good and well that racism still plays a big part in the deep south.

HOWEVER, you know what is even more important to folks? even the biggest/dumbest of rednecks?

winning

Very true Charlie Sheen, but what I am saying is that the first time that black QB makes one mistake, the racism comes out in full force. White QBs have always had a much longer rope (no pun intended) than black QBs. Even those who weren't worth a **** and didn't deserve one. I've never once heard a Bama fan yell "Get that stupid ****** out of the game." But I've heard the opposite of that a lot more than once. And don't get me wrong, Simms just sucked. If you go back to the beginning of this thread I say just that. But it doesn't matter how good they are in T-town. Eventually, you'll hear it.

I have to respectfully disagree here a bit. In my own experiences, spending my college years in SEC country (went to GT), I traveled to AU, Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, and even Ole Miss throughout those 5 years. And yes, you are definitely right about "racism coming out in full force" on numerous occasions. However, I don't think white quarterbacks necessarily get THAT much more patience from fans. SEC fans want to win, and dominate right now. This football culture involves very little tolerance for incompetence, no matter your skin color. I've never seen a fanbase crucify a quarterback the way UGA fans did Joe Cox a few years back (just for a quick example). It was brutal, ten times worse than Jacory ever got it.

Bottom line is folks just want to win. And with a team that consists of mostly black athletes these days, it's getting harder and harder for fans to really care too much about race (other than the much older fans). I mean yes, there are always going to be drunk fans that yell "get that ni--er out of the game!" and other similar comments. But it doesnt mean they want him to be replaced by a WHITE player necessarily, just someone who will perform. It's just meant as an insult, because they are ****ed off at that particular player. White players who suck get called plenty of names also by those same drunk, ****ed off fans.

This is actually a good conversation. Ironically enough, I somewhat agree with both sides. Fans will be quick to throw out the racist insults, but at the same they will also ridicule the white QB as well. AU fans absolutely hated Brandon Cox. I actually felt sorry for the kid. However, in my experiences, though, it just seems like it goes the racist route too often when it's a Black player as opposed to when it's a white player you just get the normal "player X sucks" or "player X is the worst QB ever" type of comments. Mainly, though,I chimed in because one poster commented as if they were implying the racism element wasn't there because they rooted for other Black players on the team. I just wanted to point out that that has nothing to do with it.

Advertisement
No thanks on Sims. Rather continue with the process at hand instead of handling someone elses baggage. The dude might be aight, but minimizing distractions and maximing recruiting efforts are vital right now. Trust in Golden & Co. Since moving from FTL, I have lived in the Birmingham AL area for the last 2+ years. My background is of mixed heritage (black and white), so of course the folks here think I am Mexican or Indian, depending on how I shave. I work in peoples homes for my job, and from what I have noticed is the "Roll Tide/War Eagle" mentality is rooted DEEP in these folks, white and black. Ignorance is bliss in these parts, winning cures everything regardless of color. If Bama won a championship with a hispanic QB they would reverse there new immigration law for sure.

I don't know why any high caliber QB or WR recruit would go to 'Bama or LSU.

I take it you have never seen Alabama's campus? IMO, the second most beautiful state on the east coast behind Florida. The people in general are head and shoulders nicer than any other state in the country! I live in Florida for 5 months a year and on Smith lake (Second cleanest lake in the entire country) in Alabama for 5 months a year, believe me, Bama is an awesome place to live. Go to Gulf Shore Alabama, blows away any beach in SF! Miami is my team, but i give credit where credit is due!

:ohlord:...but there are some really nice people in bama. But I wouldnt go all out and say it's an AWESOME place to live lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back