Phillip Sims transferring from Bama

I don't know why any high caliber QB or WR recruit would go to 'Bama or LSU.

I take it you have never seen Alabama's campus? IMO, the second most beautiful state on the east coast behind Florida. The people in general are head and shoulders nicer than any other state in the country! I live in Florida for 5 months a year and on Smith lake (Second cleanest lake in the entire country) in Alabama for 5 months a year, believe me, Bama is an awesome place to live. Go to Gulf Shore Alabama, blows away any beach in SF! Miami is my team, but i give credit where credit is due!

Advertisement
The truth of the matter is, black QBs will never really got a fair shake at Bama. I shake my head ever time a highly ranked black QB commits there. Not saying that Simms should be playing over McCarron, just that the fans are much harder on a black QB and most of them don't even want one.

Who were the other highly ranked AA qbs to Bama? Star Jackson? What you said is nonsense.

I didn't say they had to be highly ranked. The fact of the matter is that the majority of Bama's fan base do not want a black QB. I've grown up with them. They are some of the most racist people you will ever meet. Andrew Zow was a lot better than Tyler Watts sorry ***, but as soon as he made a mistake then "N" word would go flying all over the place and the fans would start yelling to put Watts in. This has nothing to do with Saban. I do believe he could care less if a player is white, black, green, or pink at any position. He will play the best player. But the Bama fans will never embrace a black QB like they will a white one.

FACT

Last edited:
The truth of the matter is, black QBs will never really got a fair shake at Bama. I shake my head ever time a highly ranked black QB commits there. Not saying that Simms should be playing over McCarron, just that the fans are much harder on a black QB and most of them don't even want one.

Who were the other highly ranked AA qbs to Bama? Star Jackson? What you said is nonsense.

I didn't say they had to be highly ranked. The fact of the matter is that the majority of Bama's fan base do not want a black QB. I've grown up with them. They are some of the most racest people you will ever meet. Andrew Zow was a lot better than Tyler Watts sorry ***, but as soon as he made a mistake then "N" word would go flying all over the place and the fans would start yelling to put Watts in. This has nothing to do with Saban. I do believe he could care less if a player is white, black, green, or pink at any position. He will play the best player. But the Bama fans will never embrace a black QB like they will a white one.

FACT

Yet Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, 100% of their defense, etc. all black.

Makes zero sense

I didn't say they had to be highly ranked. The fact of the matter is that the majority of Bama's fan base do not want a black QB. I've grown up with them. They are some of the most racest people you will ever meet. Andrew Zow was a lot better than Tyler Watts sorry ***, but as soon as he made a mistake then "N" word would go flying all over the place and the fans would start yelling to put Watts in. This has nothing to do with Saban. I do believe he could care less if a player is white, black, green, or pink at any position. He will play the best player. But the Bama fans will never embrace a black QB like they will a white one.

FACT

You sir, are retarded.

FACT

You sir, are retarded.

I've lived in Alabama my whole life. I just call it like I see it.

Advertisement

FACT

Yet Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, 100% of their defense, etc. all black.

Makes zero sense

You're right, but it is what it is.

FACT

You sir, are retarded.

My bad, little harsh there haha. Though I think if a black QB with crazy skill went to Bama and won a lot ala Cam Newton, the fans would embrace him just as much.

Advertisement

FACT

Makes zero sense

You're right, but it is what it is.

Big is right on this one. I went to AU, and we got into a brawl with some frat guy FROM AU one time at a home game. It's homecoming, we're sitting in the student section, and we're beating the crap out of a team, and then all of a sudden my buddy and I look at each other with the "I know this **** didn't say what I thought he said" look on our face. Sure enough, he repeated it again. What did he say? The guy is screaming "tackle that n****r, (insert our player's name)!' Yeah that's right, this idiot was calling for his own player (that he knew by name and was Black) to tackle the guy from the opposing team whose name he didn't know so he just used the racial slur. My buddy dove a row over at him, I followed, all **** broke loose and before i knew it a gang of us were being led out of the stadium. LOL

Last edited:
***** bama, T-Town and all the redneck fans that follow the "tide". Lived there for almost a decade. Although there are great people and places in Bama, dont get it twisted. Racism and ignorance is alive and well in the "good ol boy state"

We all have to remember that this is the same school that required federal and military presence to desegregate. anyone who tries to brush the racial climate in bama and at UA under the rug is just fooling themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

I didn't say they had to be highly ranked. The fact of the matter is that the majority of Bama's fan base do not want a black QB. I've grown up with them. They are some of the most racist people you will ever meet. Andrew Zow was a lot better than Tyler Watts sorry ***, but as soon as he made a mistake then "N" word would go flying all over the place and the fans would start yelling to put Watts in. This has nothing to do with Saban. I do believe he could care less if a player is white, black, green, or pink at any position. He will play the best player. But the Bama fans will never embrace a black QB like they will a white one.

FACT

I think idiots are everywhere... We had some fans who did the same thing to Harris... I mean we still have a few people who wished Marve was still here... Anyway, I wont say its a black qb issue but a homegrown issue... McCaron is the hometown kid of course there will be a favored preference towards by the fans but Simms has to play good... Simms is a good qb, he had his opportunity but he didnt seize it... He was playing scared whereas McCarron played with a little more confidence... I'm not going to ignore the racism that exist, but this wasnt the issue... Saban gave him his opportunities... He just couldnt take it...

FACT

You sir, are retarded.

My bad, little harsh there haha. Though I think if a black QB with crazy skill went to Bama and won a lot ala Cam Newton, the fans would embrace him just as much.

This. I'm from SW Georgia, right on the bama state line. Trust me, I know good and well that racism still plays a big part in the deep south.

HOWEVER, you know what is even more important to folks? even the biggest/dumbest of rednecks?

winning

Advertisement
There are fans and students at Alabama that may be racists. Siht, that's everywhere in some small degree, and the racism cuts both ways, as stupid people aren't prohibited from procreating.

Bear was color-blind, Gene Stallings was color-blind, and Saban also seems to concentrate on the win/loss column, and only cares about that Crimson color.

But for any racism you may find in the South - multiply that many times over by the students and fans of Notre Dame. Holy crap - they are ridiculous! I mean BAD! Oh, they love to raid black players from the 305, but it's nothing but comments about 'gold teeth, hoodies, crack dealers, gangsters, and gold chains' among themselves. Absolutely hateful.

I too, think Sims had a shot and didn't grab it for his own. So, now I hear that Virginia may be his destination? May be just what he needs to show his stuff.

Taking transfer QBs that were never going to play another down for anyone else was the start of the decline for the U (see Brock Berlin)

Brock Berlin was our last good Qb. Not to mention he was a spread Qb in a pro set offense. His record vs in state teams speaks for itself.

Advertisement
Back