Phillip Sims transferring from Bama

Advertisement
LMAO this kid just played a great game against LSU's defense. He looked comfortable in the pocket and made some great throws. No chance any of our QB's looks better in that game.

So because McCarron finally looked good at the very last game of the season, while being nothing more than average the rest of the season, that somehow makes Simms better than any of our QBs? Okay.

Advertisement
Yeah except that this kid almost won the job at ******* Alabama. Have you seen what we've been dealing with since Dorsey? I'll gladly take a transfer and former 5 star QB over any unproven kid out of HS at this point.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him, far from it. God knows Miami needs QBs, I'll never argue that. My thing is that this kid is viewed mostly for a 5 star ranking and hype, not actual substance. You say he almost won the job at Bama but 1. he almost won the job in spring and fall practice only, once games started it was clear who the better QB was from game performance and 2. McCarron is average at best......Bama was good because of defense and a smashmouth running game. McCarron didn't make costly mistakes but he's nothing special either.

To me QB is the hardest position in football to project from one level to the next. We have no idea how well any one of these recruits might do at Miami so to say Sims is automatically better with such little production at this point seems off to me. I do agree that I'd take him though, Miami has needs at the position and the more numbers the better chance to find the right guy.

Last edited:
It was against LSU..not some **** defense like Auburn. What did out QB's show you that makes you think they'd be better than a kid who almost won the job for the national champions? Bama fans think highly of him from what I've seen even after the rumors came out which should tell you a lot.

Yeah except that this kid almost won the job at ******* Alabama. Have you seen what we've been dealing with since Dorsey? I'll gladly take a transfer and former 5 star QB over any unproven kid out of HS at this point.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him, far from it. God knows Miami needs QBs, I'll never argue that. My thing is that this kid is view mostly for a 5 star ranking and hype, not actual substance. You say he almost won the job at Bama but 1. he almost won the job in spring and fall practice only, once games started it was clear who the better QB was from game performance and 2. McCarron is average at best......Bama was good because a defense and a smashmouth running game. McCarron didn't make mistake but he's nothing special either.

To me QB is the hardest position in football to project from one level to the next. We have no idea how well any one of these recruits might do at Miami so to say Sims is automatically better with such little production at this point seems off to me. I do agree that I'd take him though, Miami has needs at the position and the more numbers the better chance to find the right guy.

I just think why not take a chance on a kid who's probably better than what we have. Kid almost started on the best team in the country and that says a lot IMO.

Advertisement
So because McCarron finally looked good at the very last game of the season, while being nothing more than average the rest of the season, that somehow makes Simms better than any of our QBs? Okay.

This.

I honestly dont even know what the debate is about.

If the only time you watched Bama was the other night, then ok.

I don't know why any high caliber QB or WR recruit would go to 'Bama or LSU.

I said the same thing. I mean I know why the high caliber offensive recruits go there. Most adult sports fans aren't going to realize why Bama and LSU's offenses suck so one can't expect a high school kid to realize. Most of these kids and sports people/fans in general are directed to think that it's the player solely ******* up the offense when generally that isn't the case. So naturally they think they'll do better in the same situation because they generally think they're a better player. ****** offensive football however is one of the situations where one needs to be a great individual talent to be able to overcome.

Anyway, Bama's offense is ****** to me because Saban unintentionally wills it to be. He wants them to be overly conservative and he'll probably kill any player that ***** up and/or causes a turnover. The assistant coaches obviously have to follow his philosophy as well. This will affect playcalling as well as performance in my mind. The playcalling can be ****** on its own but I have to think that Saban has a little to do with that. The playcalls on long and medium yardage throughout the game just screamed risk aversion to me. Like they weren't really trying to get the first most of the time. They were just calling plays that wouldn't result in turnovers. When you're not having your offense take advantage of in game situations or defensive playcalling just to protect possession, that isn't good. Lead or no lead.

LSU doesn't have the overly conservative head coach problem yet their offense is even worse than Bama's. I saw a lot of very ****** playcalling from LSU and a good amount of ****** plays. Jordan Jefferson staying in the game without much change in playcalling or scheme despite being down said a lot as well. I'm thinking they suck because of ****** overall offensive coordination and personnel management.

Both situations are not ideal for offensive recruits generally. The talent won't stop coming though. Unless the playcallers and philosophy changes however, the ****** offenses at these schools won't stop either.

Last edited:
It was against LSU..not some **** defense like Auburn. What did out QB's show you that makes you think they'd be better than a kid who almost won the job for the national champions? Bama fans think highly of him from what I've seen even after the rumors came out which should tell you a lot.

Show me something that says that Simms is better than any of our QBs, other than his rating coming out of high school and "almost" winning the starting job for a team that asks it's QBs to be game managers.

Show me something that says that Simms is better than any of our QBs, other than his rating coming out of high school and "almost" winning the starting job for a team that asks it's QBs to be game managers.

After watching our QB play since Brock Berlin is it that much of a stretch to think Simms could be better than our recent QB's and what we have coming in? At least the kids taken snaps at the premier school in the country.

Advertisement
Well... It Looks Like the Kid is transferring to Virginia.. So we may be seeing him up close after next year..

JC

After watching our QB play since Brock Berlin is it that much of a stretch to think Simms could be better than our recent QB's and what we have coming in? At least the kids taken snaps at the premier school in the country.

Yes it is. The starting QB for the previous #1 team is ******* garbage and wouldn't have started here this past year.

Advertisement
Just saying I would rather see a roster spot, especially at QB, go to a high school kid that the staff recruits and wants.

Phil Simms produces garbage QBs. No Thanks

thumbnail.aspx

Advertisement
Back