Pete, your silence is deafening on the AH kids...

Advertisement
The whole staff is not recruiting good
Uf about to close with chris Henderson , Tj slaton, kaileon herbert, another db(brad Stewart from Louisiana probably), James Robinson from Lakeland amongst others...

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can feel confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

Broke going to broke SMH

You not concerned? I f_cking hate them ufags but I'm calling like I see it. They can't seem to beat anyone on the trail but us and that's definitely a problem

Half the guys they getting we didnt want and the other half are guys that never wanted to come here come on broke you know better

See broke's overreacting

Some of the logic here that just because this is a free site that Pete gets a pass for being wrong is so dumb. Pete goes out of his way to say this is a free site and better quality than paying sites which may be true but he can't be a hypocrite and go into hiding when he's wrong and etc but call out them other sites when they are wrong and he's right.

For it me I take it as a grain of salt with whatever is said in recruiting these days.

I think, in his desire to be a credible journalist, he takes what his says and writes very seriously. Sometimes you get mislead, and if you've been in the business long enough it happens. That said, I don't think he's "hiding" from a bunch of grown *** men behind keyboards begging for a morsel of recruiting news. We're in a dead period and sometimes there's nothing significant to report. This site is FREE, and as such, there's a limit to the expectations we have as readers. The content however, is entirely his responsibility and he will reap the benefit or criticism based on its accuracy.

Advertisement
So it's ok to bash Mike Rumph about recruiting, a guy who actually played and is a Hurricane, but we cant say nothing to petey browbo who never played a down of football in his life and is maybe right 50% of the time?

I appreciate Petes work somewhat(podcast is fuggin awful) but yall give that boy too much credit. I mean this niqqa calls himself "The Plug", nuff said.

This post reminds of the bit of "with all due respect, Pete, you're great and everything but you're clueless".

Uf about to close with chris Henderson , Tj slaton, kaileon herbert, another db(brad Stewart from Louisiana probably), James Robinson from Lakeland amongst others...

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can feel confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

Ya but UF's class up until now is a trainwreck...I know it irks a little because the only battles they have seemed to win thus far are with UM (Davis, Wilson)...But they better finish strong or risk fading away.

Advertisement
Welcome to recruiting, it's not for the weak hearted.

lol skeeter was on grassy when it was good iirc . . . **** skeeter, that has to be talent 13 years ago. I had just started to begin to transition to teaching. same skeeter or nah?

Yup, and more than 13 years! Lol.

awesome. id say welcome, but you have been a member a while. maybe you can get that post count up soon.

i only have positive recollections of you . . . how many times did I **** you off? hahahah

Here's an idea, if you think Harley is coming to Miami simply say: "Things are looking good for the Canes but it's not a sure thing at this point".

Not "Harley comin" and "Cane" and then retreating into a bunker when he doubles down on WVU.

Exactly and this is the only reason people here give him a hard time.If If you're not going to be modest but report with swag and call out other outlets then when you're wrong don't hide like a little girl hoping all goes away.

In the end, it's results we want. Would it change your opinion of the guy if he tweeted that he messed up with his comments about harley? I'm guessing no, so I'd rather he were out trying to recruit than on twitter taking his medicine. Blame him for not getting the recruits, but lets not ask him to waste time tweeting apologies for being too confident we'd flip a kid.

Welcome to recruiting, it's not for the weak hearted.

lol skeeter was on grassy when it was good iirc . . . **** skeeter, that has to be talent 13 years ago. I had just started to begin to transition to teaching. same skeeter or nah?

Yup, and more than 13 years! Lol.

awesome. id say welcome, but you have been a member a while. maybe you can get that post count up soon.

i only have positive recollections of you . . . how many times did I **** you off? hahahah

Ya I just posted more in recent months, forgot I was even a member til last year...Didn't realize how good the info was with a lot of "local guys" and obv in recent years I have noticed how Pete has made a name for himself. Prob won't post a ton, lot of clutter on this board at times though, too much BS. But glad to see some long time followers like myself. Excited for the program and always been a Richt fan.

Everyone ****es me off, I'm a miserable f*** at times...no worries.

Advertisement

Broke going to broke SMH

You not concerned? I f_cking hate them ufags but I'm calling like I see it. They can't seem to beat anyone on the trail but us and that's definitely a problem

Half the guys they getting we didnt want and the other half are guys that never wanted to come here come on broke you know better

See broke's overreacting

Whats new

We really need a new Work. 5 commits -- McFarland, Dean, Thomas, Slaton/equivalent and Conliffe -- would turn this class into a homerun. Can we get them? What about other key targets like Pouncy and Edwards?

wrt Grassy & Canestime, whatever happened to PennMed, that's a guy that always had something insightful to say. And who is Snif over here? There's no way that guy could resist posting.

Advertisement
We aren't getting kids from Heritage? Shocking.

We should tell that school to kick rocks. Not spend a single second there.

I don't understand why so many people just can't look at this with an unbiased lens.

Mike Rumph has unequivocally failed at recruiting the highschool that he was the head coach of. This is a fact and it's the first time I've ever heard of it happening.

Second aspect. Mike Rumph did quite well coaching cornerbacks this year.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

In conclusion - BAD recruiter, good coach. Personally, and this is a preference thing, I'll almost always take a dynamite recruiter over a good coach, so to me Rumphs days should be numbered. Just an opinion though.

Agree with the first and second point.
Not doing great recruiting but did well coaching the CB. At latest they played better than expected.
His second seasons will tell the tale on both fronts IMO.

The reality of all of this, is that if Rumph was not a former cane, rather than some on the board being upset the entire board would want him the **** out.

This "once a cane always a cane" pass that some people seem to be okay giving needs to go the **** away, and go the **** away fast.

Rumph NEEDS to be **** canned if we miss on all AH targets under his watch. I am in favor of it happening on signing day if we don't get salon/herbert. Ill be throwing in on the banner if we don't get the 18 studs.

We're not getting those two lineman and he's not getting fired. Rumph is to blame yet their position coach takes none of heat since we seem to want to place blame? If everybody places Heritage in the same category that we do Dwyer there would be alot less angst. Those kids aren't coming here.

There's a significant difference between AH and Dwyer. We hired AH's HC. If we hired Dwyer's HC I'd expect to get all their guys too. That's just the way this **** works everywhere except here. You hire a HS coach you get that HS coach's players.

It's amazing to me that 100% of UM fans aren't losing their minds over Rum's unprecedented failure to bring in AH players. I can't believe anyone feels the need to excuse his cataclysmic failure there. He's the anti-recruiter.

***** Rumphy has been an unmitigated disaster on the trail, which was as predictable as the sun rising.

From 1/9/16: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/jon-richt-9-coaches/96288/5#post2456929

All I'll say is Richt Jr. ....banda.....rumph and Hartly better be ******* recruiting grinders because that's what it takes at those positions. I'm talking 24/7 no sleep type ****. They aren't bringing much to the table as far as experience goes so they better get after it on the trail. Could they be highly effective position coaches? Sure...problem is there isn't a track record to prove it.

That's my concern with these guys on the trail though too. None of them have been in the grind that is modern day recruiting battles. Have you refined your pitch? Have you learned how turn up the heat...back off a bit?

These guys could turn into monster recruiters but to expect them to be that right out of the gate is expecting a bit much imo. Banda seems to understand the best based on his twitter acct.....we shall see.

Advertisement
Back