Pete, your silence is deafening on the AH kids...

We're not getting those two lineman and he's not getting fired. Rumph is to blame yet their position coach takes none of heat since we seem to want to place blame? If everybody places Heritage in the same category that we do Dwyer there would be alot less angst. Those kids aren't coming here.

There's a significant difference between AH and Dwyer. We hired AH's HC. If we hired Dwyer's HC I'd expect to get all their guys too. That's just the way this **** works everywhere except here. You hire a HS coach you get that HS coach's players.

It's amazing to me that 100% of UM fans aren't losing their minds over Rum's unprecedented failure to bring in AH players. I can't believe anyone feels the need to excuse his cataclysmic failure there. He's the anti-recruiter.

Why? Because recruiting for Miami in South Florida goes exactly like it does everywhere else in the country? The same head coach(Richt) who could get Sony Michel and Mckenzie to UGA and lead for Brian Burns before getting fired can't get a sniff from a Heritage kid. You want me to believe the same guy who all those D-1 kids transferred to play for in high school is the problem and why those same kids don't want to play for the local university? Whatever. History at other local schools would state otherwise. We were the only school to offer Walter Tucker(Heritage guy) a full football scholarship. Didn't generate any goodwill.

We hire the guy from Dwyer those kids won't come here. We put the full court press on Treon Harris late in the game and his own father wasn't enough to get him to sign with Miami. Ice's kid was coaching Antonio Calloway at Booker T. Kid went to UF. The excuse with some in that situation was Calloway was a transfer from Homestead or something. Chad Wilson who coaches at Heritage said Miami should forget about going after the big time kids in the area and focus on developing the lesser known prospects first. That attitude comes from a former player at Miami. But sure I'll lose my mind over Rumph when you yourself continue to talk about the traitorous nature of South Florida people.

Local stars have been telling us to eat a **** for years before Rumph got hired and they'll continue to do so even if we get good.

Its all about results and I understand why people are looking for someone to blame. But I'm not singling out Rumph with Heritage kids. That school doesn't want anything to do with Miami.

Why? Simple. He was the HC of all these guys, and none are following him. That's why. It's simple. If you were a doctor and I came to you with a sore throat you'd put me on a round of chemo instead of just treating me for a common cold.

You pointing to AH kids going to UGA to play for Rick does nothing to support your position on Rum. Rum wasn't at UGA. They're making a concerted effort to stay away from Rum and UM.

If Rick was still at UGA and Rum was still at AH they'd probably still be interested in UGA. If you refuse to accept that I don't know what else to tell you. It looks pretty clear if you pull the Rum homer glasses off for a minute.

Rum either poisoned the UM well with the AH kids, or once they played for him at AH they hated him and wanted nothing else to do with him. Pretty easy to see if you look at it objectively.

You can excuse a loss here or there, but to whiff on every single big time prospect from the HS you coached tells a story. If you want to blind yourself with lame excuses so you don't have to see the story that's your prerogative.

If they hated "rum" so much why did they follow him from his optimist days? Why didn't they transfer out of the school if they didn't like him? There are plenty of good high school programs in the area why stick with a coach you dont like?

Is it your position that all of the blue chip guys we struck out on were guys that followed Rum from Optimist football to AH?

Advertisement
There's a significant difference between AH and Dwyer. We hired AH's HC. If we hired Dwyer's HC I'd expect to get all their guys too. That's just the way this **** works everywhere except here. You hire a HS coach you get that HS coach's players.

It's amazing to me that 100% of UM fans aren't losing their minds over Rum's unprecedented failure to bring in AH players. I can't believe anyone feels the need to excuse his cataclysmic failure there. He's the anti-recruiter.

Why? Because recruiting Miami in South Florida goes exactly like it does everywhere else in the country? The same head coach(Richt) who could get Sony Michel and Mckenzie to UGA and lead for Brian Burns before getting fired can't get a sniff from a Heritage kid. You want me to believe the same guy who all those D-1 kids transferred to play for in high school is the problem and why those same kids don't want to play for the local university? Whatever. History at other local schools would state otherwise. We were the only school to offer Walter Tucker(Heritage guy) a full football scholarship. Didn't generate any goodwill.

We hire the guy from Dwyer those kids won't come here. We put the full court press on Treon Harris late in the game and his own father wasn't enough to get him to sign with Miami. Ice's kid was coaching Antonio Calloway at Booker T. Kid went to UF. The excuse with some in that situation was Calloway was a transfer from Homestead or something. Chad Wilson who coaches at Heritage said Miami should forget about going after the big time kids in the area and focus on developing the lesser known prospects first. That attitude comes from a former player at Miami. But sure I'll lose my mind over Rumph when you yourself continue to talk about the traitorous nature of South Florida people.

Local stars have been telling us to eat a **** for years before Rumph got hired and they'll continue to do so even if we get good.

Its all about results and I understand why people are looking for someone to blame. But I'm not singling out Rumph with Heritage kids. That school doesn't want anything to do with Miami.

If all that you're saying is true, then you're implying that Mike Rumph can't help us.

Even if our missing out on these players isn't his fault, he can't do anything to help us.

And if he can't help us, why the **** is he here?? What fuggin use is the guy??

I say they should fire this dude and hire someone who CAN get us some recruits and who CAN help us win

LOL at the thought of a school being against us. A HS is against a college when the HS coach there pollutes the kids. High schools don't just turn on local marquee programs on their own.

I'm not plugged in enough to know for sure, but my instincts tell me that Rumph's ex players either don't like him or don't respect him enough so that he's a non factor in recruiting these kids ...and I believe Chad Wilson has his stink all over this as well

Seems the kids listen to Wilson more than they listen to Rumph...and it appears Wilson made some phone calls over the dead period on Florida's behalf and to bash UM with these kids

Slaton seems like an impressionable dude and my gut says we can still flip him.

I also don't believe Rumph was hired for his long track record as a college DB coach. He was hired to recruit Hereitage, period. So we have to see what the consequences end up being if he whiffs IMO

Anyone who tells you Rick hired Rum because of his CB coaching acumen is braindead. He had zero history as a CB coach. That's like saying Rick hired his son because of his storied history as a QB coach.

Rum was hired first and foremost to recruit. That's why anyone with even half a brain hires a local HS coach to be a first time position coach.

The University of Miami admin needs to start throwing its weight around locally to help the football team get off the ground.

We're the biggest employer in South Florida, we have local politicians and powerful business leaders on our board, and **** our defensive coordinator is the son of the old mayor.

We need to start using our local political clout to punish schools who are "against us" such as hereitage, and to reward schools who are loyal to us

We need to install people who are friendly to our cause on the athletic departments and as coaches at these high schools...and we need to have unfriendly coaches such as the dude at Dwyer fired and blacklisted.

Need to start playing chess here

Why? Because recruiting for Miami in South Florida goes exactly like it does everywhere else in the country? The same head coach(Richt) who could get Sony Michel and Mckenzie to UGA and lead for Brian Burns before getting fired can't get a sniff from a Heritage kid. You want me to believe the same guy who all those D-1 kids transferred to play for in high school is the problem and why those same kids don't want to play for the local university? Whatever. History at other local schools would state otherwise. We were the only school to offer Walter Tucker(Heritage guy) a full football scholarship. Didn't generate any goodwill.

Why? Simple. He was the HC of all these guys, and none are following him. That's why. It's simple. If you were a doctor and I came to you with a sore throat you'd put me on a round of chemo instead of just treating me for a common cold.

You pointing to AH kids going to UGA to play for Rick does nothing to support your position on Rum. Rum wasn't at UGA. They're making a concerted effort to stay away from Rum and UM.

If Rick was still at UGA and Rum was still at AH they'd probably still be interested in UGA. If you refuse to accept that I don't know what else to tell you. It looks pretty clear if you pull the Rum homer glasses off for a minute.

Rum either poisoned the UM well with the AH kids, or once they played for him at AH they hated him and wanted nothing else to do with him. Pretty easy to see if you look at it objectively.

You can excuse a loss here or there, but to whiff on every single big time prospect from the HS you coached tells a story. If you want to blind yourself with lame excuses so you don't have to see the story that's your prerogative.

If they hated "rum" so much why did they follow him from his optimist days? Why didn't they transfer out of the school if they didn't like him? There are plenty of good high school programs in the area why stick with a coach you dont like?

Is it your position that all of the blue chip guys we struck out on were guys that followed Rum from Optimist football to AH?

its my position to say that if these kids hated him so much why didn't they transfer, and if they hated him at optimist why follow him to AH

The University of Miami admin needs to start throwing its weight around locally to help the football team get off the ground.

We're the biggest employer in South Florida, we have local politicians and powerful business leaders on our board, and **** our defensive coordinator is the son of the old mayor.

We need to start using our local political clout to punish schools who are "against us" such as hereitage, and to reward schools who are loyal to us

We need to install people who are friendly to our cause on the athletic departments and as coaches at these high schools...and we need to have unfriendly coaches such as the dude at Dwyer fired and blacklisted.

Great than make certain every home game is sold out and only Canes fans are at the game.No more half Noles or Irish in the stands!

Advertisement

Great than make certain every home game is sold out and only Canes fans are at the game.No more half Noles or Irish in the stands!

Put a winner on the field and you'll sell a **** of a lot of tickets, hats, jerseys, you name it.

But you have to recruit like a champion to field a champion, and right now we're coming up short

What I'd love to see is Michael Irvin or someone with some juice flat out call out Chad Wilson (by name or twitter handle would be perfect), on social media...in the Miami Herald wherever.

Obv prob won't happen, but would be perfect...Just let em know that all this steering Broward kids elsewhere isn't appreciated, get out of their ears. Bring attention to it. **** if UM isn't going to get these kids anyway, may as well sever ties with a bang.

I'm not plugged in enough to know for sure, but my instincts tell me that Rumph's ex players either don't like him or don't respect him enough so that he's a non factor in recruiting these kids ...and I believe Chad Wilson has his stink all over this as well

Seems the kids listen to Wilson more than they listen to Rumph...and it appears Wilson made some phone calls over the dead period on Florida's behalf and to bash UM with these kids

Yeah it's amazing how much juice this Chad Wilson bum has, and Rumph has none? Mind-boggling.

What I'd love to see is Michael Irvin or someone with some juice flat out call out Chad Wilson (by name or twitter handle would be perfect), on social media...in the Miami Herald wherever.

Obv prob won't happen, but would be perfect...Just let em know that all this steering Broward kids elsewhere isn't appreciated, get out of their ears. Bring attention to it. **** if UM isn't going to get these kids anyway, may as well sever ties with a bang.

You're 100 percent right and that's how we need to handle Chad Wilson. Other former players are the answer to getting him in line.

The second thing that needs to happen is that I'm sure the SCHOOL at American heritage has no idea what's going on and I'm sure they want to maintain a good relationship with the University of Miami

Whoever the principal is or the superintendent at that school needs to get a personal phone call from Julio Frenk

If you push the right buttons, you can get Heritage to push away Chad Wilson. I'm not so sure the brass at that high school want Wilson leaching around, making them look bad

Last edited:
Advertisement

its my position to say that if these kids hated him so much why didn't they transfer, and if they hated him at optimist why follow him to AH
You're right. Rum is doing a great job getting guys from his team to UM. It's everyone else's fault

Yep. Need some UM legends to step up and start putting scoundrels on blast if they're doing UM dirty. Their voices are more significant than typical fans.

You're right. Rum is doing a great job getting guys from his team to UM. It's everyone else's fault

like i said if they hated him why not transfer why did they stick with him?

You're 100 percent right and that's how we need to handle Chad Wilson. Other former players are the answer to getting him in line.

The second thing that needs to happen is that I'm sure the SCHOOL at American heritage has no idea what's going on and I'm sure they want to maintain a good relationship with the University of Miami

Whoever the principal is or the superintendent at that school needs to get a personal phone call from Julio Frenk

If you push the right buttons, you can get Heritage to push away Chad Wilson. I'm not so sure the brass at that high school want Wilson leaching around, making them look bad

Was Choad Wilson hanging around AH while Rum was HC there? If he was, do the dummies on here have an explanation as to why Rum would allow an anti-UM devil like Wilson to hang around his team if he didn't share his sentiments?

I know if I were coaching a local HS team and there was a guy either coaching for me or hanging around my program spewing anti-UM rhetoric, I'd run him off and expose him and recognize him as an enemy of the program.

Advertisement

Clearly, you've located the smoking gun. Those guys love Rum. They just don't want to play for him at UM. They were born with the anti-UM gene. All of them.

There were plenty of guys on UM's team who hated Folden and would never voluntarily follow him anywhere again. But it's your opinion that because they didn't transfer away from UM that they loved Folden. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Clearly, you've located the smoking gun. Those guys love Rum. They just don't want to play for him at UM. They were born with the anti-UM gene. All of them.

they loved richt until he went to UM

Because AH is a place where they will always be in the playoff hunt, get national attention, and have an inside track to top universities. Also, it's a better education than 99% of their other options.

Advertisement

Was your boy Rum coaching with Rick when all these guys allegedly loved Rick?

again they loved richt sony, isaiah, morgan, burns up until richt was fired, again if they hate rumph so much why didn't they transfer out of AH when he got the job there, its not like there isn't a ton of good HS programs in the area

again they loved richt sony, isaiah, morgan, burns up until richt was fired, again if they hate rumph so much why didn't they transfer out of AH when he got the job there, its not like there isn't a ton of good HS programs in the area

Why didn't the guys who hated Folden transfer from UM? You're attempting to prove that they like Rum by pointing out that they didn't hate him enough to leave a program they were at already where they were with friends and winning and getting a free education that others have to pay thousands of dollars for.

Your case is trash. If they liked him they'd follow him to UM. You guys are doing unnecessary contortions attempting to explain away the obvious. Rum is doing something no one else has ever done. No one has ever been hired away from a HS teeming with blue chip D1 talent and been unable to get any of them. It's unprecedented.

Was Choad Wilson hanging around AH while Rum was HC there? If he was, do the dummies on here have an explanation as to why Rum would allow an anti-UM devil like Wilson to hang around his team if he didn't share his sentiments?

I know if I were coaching a local HS team and there was a guy either coaching for me or hanging around my program spewing anti-UM rhetoric, I'd run him off and expose him and recognize him as an enemy of the program.

You're right of course, but some people will do all kinds of twists and turns to convince themselves and anyone else that Rumph should get a pass. There are plenty of people around here who think UM exists to give unqualified South Floridians a living.

We're a charity according to some.

They want us to hire unqualified failing local coaches because....South Florida. They want us to recruit 2/3 star scrubs with no other major offers because....South Florida.

And they have no problem when the top kids who could actually add value to the program up and go to the SEC because there's always some weak excuse or some way to blame the staff or the last staff for some trivial crap

I swear, some people on here are either delusional and they think we can win big with tier 2 kids, or they don't care if we win at all and just see us as a means to an end

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back