Pete, your silence is deafening on the AH kids...

Bleak Visions has been more accurate then Pete, ferman, and anybody else this **** is not chess its not even checkers..its tic tac toe...Easy as fugg for anybody to read
Who do we finish with come NSD?

Advertisement
Pete's biggest mistake was publicly labeling this class a failure if we didn't land the AH kids, who he thought we were getting at the time.

The whole staff is not recruiting good
Uf about to close with chris Henderson , Tj slaton, kaileon herbert, another db(brad Stewart from Louisiana probably), James Robinson from Lakeland amongst others...

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can feel confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

Broke going to broke SMH

You not concerned? I f_cking hate them us but I'm calling like I see it. They can't seem to beat anyone on the trail but us and that's definitely a problem

You went from defending the fort with Golden to being whoa is me with the new staff. Every thread is a tale of whoa.

Things don't appear like they are going according to plan, but we were never in on the Heritage sisters until CIS pumped sunshine up our butts, people started believing, then elevated it to considering them must haves and now back to reality, they ain't comin! and everyone is breaking down.

Pete can send some of you an email to send your banking and social security information to an account overseas with promises of winning the Abu Dubai Power Ball and you would be sending it, forwarding it to your friends and then rationalizing why you're broke saying not to complain because it was a free email.

Last edited:
Found this old thread about Chad Wilson.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/53936

Apparently he does run a recruiting site so he's probably like Genron a street agent.

He was mad because of how we recruited Chad. Which I agree turned out to be an epic fail.

Why with this new staff has this relationship not been repaired?

Well apparently that is just the Wilson's version of events. Whereas others close to the situation say that Chad was very pro Shannon and believed that the university treated him (Shannon) badly because he's black. And that there was nothing any new staff could change about that.

So Quincy went to our camp with (at least) the ok to be disruptive. A challenge he passed with flying colours. And the rest is history. Rumph bad mouthing the staff/school is just the cherry on top.

Advertisement
I don't understand why so many people just can't look at this with an unbiased lens.

Mike Rumph has unequivocally failed at recruiting the highschool that he was the head coach of. This is a fact and it's the first time I've ever heard of it happening.

Second aspect. Mike Rumph did quite well coaching cornerbacks this year.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

In conclusion - BAD recruiter, good coach. Personally, and this is a preference thing, I'll almost always take a dynamite recruiter over a good coach, so to me Rumphs days should be numbered. Just an opinion though.

Uf about to close with chris Henderson , Tj slaton, kaileon herbert, another db(brad Stewart from Louisiana probably), James Robinson from Lakeland amongst others...

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can feel confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

Broke going to broke SMH

You not concerned? I f_cking hate them us but I'm calling like I see it. They can't seem to beat anyone on the trail but us and that's definitely a problem

You went from defending the fort with Golden to being whoa is me with the new staff. Every thread is a tale of whoa.

Things don't appear like they are going according to plan, but we were never in on the Heritage sisters until CIS pumped sunshine up our butts, people started believing, then elevated it to considering them must haves and now back to reality, they ain't comin! and everyone is breaking down.

Pete can send some of you an email to send your banking and social security information to an account overseas with promises of winning the Abu Dubai Power Ball and you would be sending it, forwarding it to your friends and then rationalizing why you're broke saying not to complain because it was a free email.
IMG_0272.jpg

Uh.... it's not a woah it's me it's just recognizing the fact that we are losing some battles that we shouldn't be losing. And no one can think of a legit reason

Last edited:

Broke going to broke SMH

View attachment 41309

Uh.... it's not a woah it's me it's just recognizing the fact that we are losing some battles that we shouldn't be losing. And no one can think of a legit reason

but the perception of us actually being in some of the battles, and then pumping those up, makes the tale of whoa a more dramatic tale.....

Jeudy, Hartley, Heritage Sisters.......all players committed to other schools for a long time, that we were lead to believe in the last month we had a strong chance with according to roughly 1 person.......and we remain on the outside, if even that close of all 4 of them......hmmmm

At some point, someone is going to have to fill me on the rest of this story. That all makes sense, but there should definitely be more. I mean, those other kids went to those schools under another coaching staff. Further, those other kids went there as "firsts" without their buddies. Perhaps we don't get all of them, but to get NONE of them? To be shut out from them almost automatically? To me, that speaks to some other part of the story we don't know. I don't know, anyway.

A guy like Slaton, for example. Given our situation and the fact Mike Rumph is Heritage's former coach, shouldn't we have an exceptional shot at him?

No because he was never high on miami to begin with. He never mentioned Miami before rumph got here. Some kids are set on playing outside of south Florida. He's a broward kid you get the drift
1. American Heritage is pretty close to Miami. My senior year of HS, we played them in the regular season and in the playoffs. Those kids may not be "Miami," but they're local.
2. He didn't mention Miami before Rumph got here, but Rumph was his actual coach, no?
3. What exactly happened that a former coach doesn't get *any* of his former players. Is that unprecedented?

My point is there seems to be something else to the story than just "well, the other friends are going elsewhere and doing well."

Lu, not sure how true, but someone mentioned on another board that Rumph wasn't speaking very kindly of UM while at AH and now it's coming back to bite him in the ***. Sounds pretty plausible to me. He did do an interview once where he kind of called us out so there's no telling what he was saying behind closed doors. I understand we have a different staff now, but depending on what was said.....................
Few things for the purpose of speculation only:
IF TRUE
(1) Was he speaking badly about the prior staff?
(2) Was he speaking badly about the school itself?
(3) Was this not vetted when he brought on board?

IIRC, he was talking about the last regime. The problem is over the last 3 years while he was bashing the other coaches the kids found other schools they would rather go to and like. Then he gets there and says jk we will be great again. Too late IMO if we get any of those kids it will be a miracle. Our DB's improved so we know he can coach a little bit.

Advertisement

Broke going to broke SMH

It sure is entertaining.

Broke going to broke SMH

View attachment 41309

but the perception of us actually being in some of the battles, and then pumping those up, makes the tale of whoa a more dramatic tale.....

Jeudy, Hartley, Heritage Sisters.......all players committed to other schools for a long time, that we were lead to believe in the last month we had a strong chance with according to roughly 1 person.......and we remain on the outside, if even that close of all 4 of them......hmmmm
That is true. 🤔

On to the next one lots of people can teach technique to South Florida DB/ATHs at the University of Miami playing behind one of the best pass rushing fronts in all of college football

FIFY, and you're right. That isn't a spot where you're trying to hire some book nerd technique guru - you hire someone competent at teaching (there are thousands of competent DB coaches in America) who can RECRUIT LIKE A ****.

I actually like a lot of this class...Broward county continues to be alien for UM. Frustrating. Maybe it changes next year w Campbell and Blades.

But yeah this post wasn't to give up hope in this class...I just wanted to know where Ariz stands, we've read a lot of new stuff regarding the AH linemen. I personally only expected us to get one, Slaton more likely... I wanted to know if he sees them fading away after predicting them to sign with UM. No it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to here a response when you go out of your way to separate yourself from "the rest of these UM recruiting sites", but then don't have a thing to say when AH kids start fading and Harley goes elsewhere

I've all but given up on these AH kids anyway...They seem like flakes to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was on the radio a couple times this week saying that things aren't looking good with them.

Just got back from from out of town and haven't been navigating the boards as frequently the last week.

Thank you Pete...Did not know that.

Take Bateman and call it a day with 5 OL. 3 as possible tackles...Scaiffe seems like the goods at C/G next year.

The question is who signs. If the AH kids flake out, do we have any other OL on the board worthy of a take? It's the same question for WR, CB and McFarland. We don't necessarily need Slaton and Herbert, or Smith at WR or Edwards at CB. But we need more quality players to close out the class strong. And all the rumors during the silent period have been negative, which is crazy given we went 4-0 to end the regular season and then punched West Virginia in the mouth in the bowl.

We need a new Work, Pete.

Maybe it was a poor decision by Pete to so strongly link the quality of this class to pulling these two flaky OL from a school which seems to hate us. That said, the people complaining about his coverage need to grow the **** up.

Advertisement
Just get McFarland and Dean and I'm good. I don't care about kids who don't want to be Canes. And if our staff can find a way to get Thomas I think we should call it a day with 25-26 recruits.

So it's ok to bash Mike Rumph about recruiting, a guy who actually played and is a Hurricane, but we cant say nothing to petey browbo who never played a down of football in his life and is maybe right 50% of the time?

I appreciate Petes work somewhat(podcast is fuggin awful) but yall give that boy too much credit. I mean this niqqa calls himself "The Plug", nuff said.

The question is who signs. If the AH kids flake out, do we have any other OL on the board worthy of a take? I.

I'd probably take a chance with Bateman, who seems like he wants to be here, and is a pure tackle. Also not sure if his Mich offer is legit.

Advertisement
Back