Pete, your silence is deafening on the AH kids...

At some point, someone is going to have to fill me on the rest of this story. That all makes sense, but there should definitely be more. I mean, those other kids went to those schools under another coaching staff. Further, those other kids went there as "firsts" without their buddies. Perhaps we don't get all of them, but to get NONE of them? To be shut out from them almost automatically? To me, that speaks to some other part of the story we don't know. I don't know, anyway.

A guy like Slaton, for example. Given our situation and the fact Mike Rumph is Heritage's former coach, shouldn't we have an exceptional shot at him?

No because he was never high on miami to begin with. He never mentioned Miami before rumph got here. Some kids are set on playing outside of south Florida. He's a broward kid you get the drift
1. American Heritage is pretty close to Miami. My senior year of HS, we played them in the regular season and in the playoffs. Those kids may not be "Miami," but they're local.
2. He didn't mention Miami before Rumph got here, but Rumph was his actual coach, no?
3. What exactly happened that a former coach doesn't get *any* of his former players. Is that unprecedented?

My point is there seems to be something else to the story than just "well, the other friends are going elsewhere and doing well."

Lu, not sure how true, but someone mentioned on another board that Rumph wasn't speaking very kindly of UM while at AH and now it's coming back to bite him in the ***. Sounds pretty plausible to me. He did do an interview once where he kind of called us out so there's no telling what he was saying behind closed doors. I understand we have a different staff now, but depending on what was said.....................
Few things for the purpose of speculation only:
IF TRUE
(1) Was he speaking badly about the prior staff?
(2) Was he speaking badly about the school itself?
(3) Was this not vetted when he brought on board?

Rumph negative recruiting on Miami sounds like the excuse machine ramping up. Was he critical of Miami? Yeah, along with Warren Sapp, Clinton Portis, Ken Dorsey and a host of other elite alumni, but he wasn't trashing the school or speaking out of turn, he was talking facts. With one recruit in particular, on the DL, what we were doing was not a good fit, but guess what? If he was their coach and a blind-*** fan, we wouldn't be in a better spot now anyhow, maybe worse. Bottom line, it's not just AH, it's not just Rumph, it's systemic across a lot of schools and players.

Advertisement
At some point, someone is going to have to fill me on the rest of this story. That all makes sense, but there should definitely be more. I mean, those other kids went to those schools under another coaching staff. Further, those other kids went there as "firsts" without their buddies. Perhaps we don't get all of them, but to get NONE of them? To be shut out from them almost automatically? To me, that speaks to some other part of the story we don't know. I don't know, anyway.

A guy like Slaton, for example. Given our situation and the fact Mike Rumph is Heritage's former coach, shouldn't we have an exceptional shot at him?

No because he was never high on miami to begin with. He never mentioned Miami before rumph got here. Some kids are set on playing outside of south Florida. He's a broward kid you get the drift
1. American Heritage is pretty close to Miami. My senior year of HS, we played them in the regular season and in the playoffs. Those kids may not be "Miami," but they're local.
2. He didn't mention Miami before Rumph got here, but Rumph was his actual coach, no?
3. What exactly happened that a former coach doesn't get *any* of his former players. Is that unprecedented?

My point is there seems to be something else to the story than just "well, the other friends are going elsewhere and doing well."

Lu, not sure how true, but someone mentioned on another board that Rumph wasn't speaking very kindly of UM while at AH and now it's coming back to bite him in the ***. Sounds pretty plausible to me. He did do an interview once where he kind of called us out so there's no telling what he was saying behind closed doors. I understand we have a different staff now, but depending on what was said.....................
IF TRUE

IF TRUE, I'm definitely curious about #2 , which is why I said "depending on what was said." Let me state again though (not for you, Lu) that someone just mentioned this on another board so I don't know if this is true or not.

The reality of all of this, is that if Rumph was not a former cane, rather than some on the board being upset the entire board would want him the **** out.

This "once a cane always a cane" pass that some people seem to be okay giving needs to go the **** away, and go the **** away fast.

Rumph NEEDS to be **** canned if we miss on all AH targets under his watch. I am in favor of it happening on signing day if we don't get salon/herbert. Ill be throwing in on the banner if we don't get the 18 studs.

The reality of all of this, is that if Rumph was not a former cane, rather than some on the board being upset the entire board would want him the **** out.

This "once a cane always a cane" pass that some people seem to be okay giving needs to go the **** away, and go the **** away fast.

Rumph NEEDS to be **** canned if we miss on all AH targets under his watch. I am in favor of it happening on signing day if we don't get salon/herbert. Ill be throwing in on the banner if we don't get the 18 studs.

We're not getting those two lineman and he's not getting fired. Rumph is to blame yet their position coach takes none of heat since we seem to want to place blame? If everybody places Heritage in the same category that we do Dwyer there would be alot less angst. Those kids aren't coming here.

Advertisement

IF TRUE

Rumph negative recruiting on Miami sounds like the excuse machine ramping up. Was he critical of Miami? Yeah, along with Warren Sapp, Clinton Portis, Ken Dorsey and a host of other elite alumni, but he wasn't trashing the school or speaking out of turn, he was talking facts. With one recruit in particular, on the DL, what we were doing was not a good fit, but guess what? If he was their coach and a blind-*** fan, we wouldn't be in a better spot now anyhow, maybe worse. Bottom line, it's not just AH, it's not just Rumph, it's systemic across a lot of schools and players.

This

IF TRUE

Stfu

Some of the logic here that just because this is a free site that Pete gets a pass for being wrong is so dumb. Pete goes out of his way to say this is a free site and better quality than paying sites which may be true but he can't be a hypocrite and go into hiding when he's wrong and etc but call out them other sites when they are wrong and he's right.

For it me I take it as a grain of salt with whatever is said in recruiting these days.

WTF are you talking about? Dude can do any **** thing he wants, he doesn't owe it to you to say anything at all. I don't understand where this idea came from that Pete somehow owes anyone any information or any explanation when he's wrong. In fact, as has been stated by others, he's not even wrong, his source is wrong. Basically, people have their panties all twisted because they want to be told we're getting everybody and Pete isn't doing it. Now he's supposed to come on here and apologize for not having the info you decided he owes you? **** off.
Sounds like your the one who's panties are getting all twisted little buddy.

Ah, the old "no you are!". And the way you so artfully demeaned me by calling me "little buddy"...well played sir, I concede your superiority.
I'm glad you know your place, PEASANT.

Heritage should be mentioned in the same breath as Dwyer at this point. Perhaps with even more skepticism when we're possibly the only program in history to hire a local HS coach and not land a single one of his former players.

Tyson Campbell is a phenomenal talent. Surtain and Chatfield look outstanding, too. And it's a dam shame that they're AH kids because we already know how their recruitments will end.

yup.... They look at Quincy being a first rounder...they look at Brian Burns and McFadden on their ways to being first rounders... They go on visits to UF and FSU and feel at home cause they're surrounded by old teammates that are balling.... Meanwhile the only kid we had that had University school ties, Sam, got kicked off the team...

for these kids, feeling at home doesnt mean staying home anymore

Mcfadden will not be a first rounder don't let the interceptions fool you

Advertisement

IF TRUE

Stfu
Broke I expected a much more deep throated defense from you, maybe even something like "I loved and defended golden so much for so long, but I love Scrubmph even more"

Not landing the two AH linemen isn´t a recuiting failure per se. But turning down a kid in your back yard (K. Telfort) who is begging for an offer to come back, because you´re hoping for the AH OLs is a recruiting failure.

You dont cover up recruiting failures with jag olineman. Thats exactly why our oline is in the state its in.

Telfort isn't a jag. His chance of being a good div 1 lineman is as good as Slaton's.

There are obvious jags like Loftus. Then there are kids who are perhaps slightly lower rated than others because of legitimate questions about their skills. Quincy Wilson for instance. There was nothing wrong with people questioning his ability to play CB. Were those doubts reason enough to not offer him? Obviously not.

The difference between Wilson and Telfort is people doubted Quincy at CB but he still had a solid UF offer at CB and a plenty of offers at Safety. UF is trying to distance themself from Telfort and UM cooled on him a long time ago.

How many project OT's do you really want on this team. This staff has already taken 3. That's not including the previous regimes dead weight

Hillery
Tre Johnson
George Brown

We can't afford to have half our Oline as "projects" you guys need to start looking at the bigger picture.

All high school OLs are projects. Even Navaughn Donaldson. Every 10-15 years an Orlando Pace/Jonathan Ogden might turn up. But realistically, you're recruiting OLs three years in advance of needing them. Or at least you should be.

yup.... They look at Quincy being a first rounder...they look at Brian Burns and McFadden on their ways to being first rounders... They go on visits to UF and FSU and feel at home cause they're surrounded by old teammates that are balling.... Meanwhile the only kid we had that had University school ties, Sam, got kicked off the team...

for these kids, feeling at home doesnt mean staying home anymore

IIRC, wasn't Rumph actually quoted in that he was none too fond of the prior staff? Also, he flat out lied about the Sony recruitment, so there's that. And, all that came out in public. I can imagine that what he said in private was even more critical. And, even if he was critical of the old staff, the kind of stuff sticks with impressionable young kids as a reflection of the school. Naturally, level headed kids would look past it, but I imagine several of them will not.

But to Lu's point, yes, it is unprecedented to hire a former HS coach from a talent rich school only to get NOBODY from that school (from a pool of MANY recruits). This is all on Rumph no matter how hard you try to rationalize it.

Advertisement

IF TRUE

IF TRUE

Stfu
Broke I expected a much more deep throated defense from you, maybe even something like "I loved and defended golden so much for so long, but I love Scrubmph even more"
Stfu you idiot. Again with that dumb sh*t IMG_0272.jpg

This thread has turned into a ****show.

Where are those anonymous WiS mods?

The whole staff is not recruiting good
Uf about to close with chris Henderson , Tj slaton, kaileon herbert, another db(brad Stewart from Louisiana probably), James Robinson from Lakeland amongst others...

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can feel confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

Last edited:
Advertisement
Uf about to close with chris Henderson , Tj slaton, kaileon herbert, another db(brad Stewart from Louisiana probably), James Robinson from Lakeland amongst others...

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can fee confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

This. Miami's approach has to change. Richt said earlier that he isn't going to beg someone to come to Miami well he's delusional.Until we are back on top and kids are fighting over our available spots like Alabama we are going to have to get desperate and dirty. We gotta pay for play, sign kids' brothers or teammates, donate to their church, whatever it takes to get their commit.

cane since birth said:
Ive been saying this Lu something is that we dont know about, richt was getting heritage kids just fine at UGA comes here with their former coach and gets none something is up that we dont know about, maybe its chad/marco hyping up UF, maybe there is a miami hate going around the school we don't know

That has been more of an underlying truth than many may realize. Randy Shannon couldn't get AH kids while at Miami ..but now he's a hotshot OL recruiter at UF ?!

All Miami has to do is WIN DESPITE THE AH IDIOCY and then you'll hear them crying that they are being ignored. For my two cents....I'd just not invite them to any UM-related camps or combines or coaching clinics. Just blank 'em. Good recruits come in cycles . They're up right now ..but they'll cycle down sooner or later. We are recruiting well nationally. DJ Johnson is testament to that.
The wheel turns ...slowly...but it turns.

If we went 11-1 this year we still be having this problem with that school IMO

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can feel confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

Broke going to broke SMH

Broke going to broke SMH

You not concerned? I f_cking hate them ufags but I'm calling like I see it. They can't seem to beat anyone on the trail but us and that's definitely a problem

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back