Pete, your silence is deafening on the AH kids...

Not landing the two AH linemen isn´t a recuiting failure per se. But turning down a kid in your back yard (K. Telfort) who is begging for an offer to come back, because you´re hoping for the AH OLs is a recruiting failure.

You dont cover up recruiting failures with jag olineman. Thats exactly why our oline is in the state its in.

Advertisement
This was another set of predictions I was accused by the mods of trolling over. Funny how this keeps working out.

Here's an idea, if you think Harley is coming to Miami simply say: "Things are looking good for the Canes but it's not a sure thing at this point".

Not "Harley comin" and "Cane" and then retreating into a bunker when he doubles down on WVU.

You know he came out after Harley said he was sticking with WVU and said he was wrong. He disn't retreat into a bunker....nice try good effort tho

Slayton and Herbert are just playing with UM. If they don't want to be Canes then fug em, I'm sick of pandering to divas who only ***** us in the end anyway.

I was on the radio a couple times this week saying that things aren't looking good with them.

Just got back from from out of town and haven't been navigating the boards as frequently the last week.

Pete, how does your opinion on where they're going change so much inside of the dead period if these schools aren't allowed to be contacting these kids?

Advertisement
Not landing the two AH linemen isn´t a recuiting failure per se. But turning down a kid in your back yard (K. Telfort) who is begging for an offer to come back, because you´re hoping for the AH OLs is a recruiting failure.

You dont cover up recruiting failures with jag olineman. Thats exactly why our oline is in the state its in.

Telfort isn't a jag. His chance of being a good div 1 lineman is as good as Slaton's.

There are obvious jags like Loftus. Then there are kids who are perhaps slightly lower rated than others because of legitimate questions about their skills. Quincy Wilson for instance. There was nothing wrong with people questioning his ability to play CB. Were those doubts reason enough to not offer him? Obviously not.

Last edited:
When Pete's right, he's the big man on the board. When Pete's wrong, he's a ghost.

Some accountability would be nice.

He has come out and said he was wrong when he was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FWIW Pete brings the goods. He's definitely made a name for himself and that's awesome.

Still recruiting though, and it's more ****ed up than ever. No one can possibly be right all the time. If you only want concrete news you pretty much have to wait for signing day.

Recruiting is not for the weak hah even coaches know that. Kid tells them one thing then a week later it's completely different. It's a diva's game

Pete does a great job, he has established himself as the go to guy across all these sites covering UM.

That said, when there's trending news like we're hearing on the AH kids, or last week with Harley, you cannot go MIA.

That's not ball-busting, crootin' rookie stuff, that's this business.

If you want to be the elite at it, and monetize it, you have to be available to opine, if it is "developing" or "fluid" and there's isn't much to add.

Doing otherwise, that's Mike Bakas stuff.

Advertisement
Pete also got a lot wrong at the end of last year, but the work he does outweighs his wrong guesses

When Pete's right, he's the big man on the board. When Pete's wrong, he's a ghost.

Some accountability would be nice.
You pay how much for this info that is provided to you? So what then dose he have to be accountable for? Stop bitting the had that feeds you. You would be the homeless guy getting free food and ing about how it tastes. Come on man.

It has everything to do with his attitude.

When he posts ****y **** like "listen to ya boy" and "Cane" (in reference to Harley) when he ends up being wrong it looks really bad.

Perhaps you'd like Ferman or Mike Bakas delivery better? You're sitting here complaining about the way in which you receive free information. Pete is right a whole lot more than he is wrong. If you don't like the results or the tone in which he delivers his news, there is a real simple way to solve it. Kick rocks man.

Telfort isn't a jag. His chance of being a good div 1 lineman is as good as Slaton's.

There are obvious jags like Loftus. Then there are kids who are perhaps slightly lower rated than others because of legitimate questions about their skills. Quincy Wilson for instance. There was nothing wrong with people questioning his ability to play CB. Were those doubts reason enough to not offer him? Obviously not.

Calling Loftus a jag is an insult to jags.

The difference between Wilson and Telfort is people doubted Quincy at CB but he still had a solid UF offer at CB and a plenty of offers at Safety. UF is trying to distance themself from Telfort and UM cooled on him a long time ago.

How many project OT's do you really want on this team. This staff has already taken 3. That's not including the previous regimes dead weight

Hillery
Tre Johnson
George Brown

We can't afford to have half our Oline as "projects" you guys need to start looking at the bigger picture.

Advertisement
Some of the logic here that just because this is a free site that Pete gets a pass for being wrong is so dumb. Pete goes out of his way to say this is a free site and better quality than paying sites which may be true but he can't be a hypocrite and go into hiding when he's wrong and etc but call out them other sites when they are wrong and he's right.

For it me I take it as a grain of salt with whatever is said in recruiting these days.

WTF are you talking about? Dude can do any **** thing he wants, he doesn't owe it to you to say anything at all. I don't understand where this idea came from that Pete somehow owes anyone any information or any explanation when he's wrong. In fact, as has been stated by others, he's not even wrong, his source is wrong. Basically, people have their panties all twisted because they want to be told we're getting everybody and Pete isn't doing it. Now he's supposed to come on here and apologize for not having the info you decided he owes you? **** off.
Sounds like your the one who's panties are getting all twisted little buddy.

Heritage should be mentioned in the same breath as Dwyer at this point. Perhaps with even more skepticism when we're possibly the only program in history to hire a local HS coach and not land a single one of his former players.

Tyson Campbell is a phenomenal talent. Surtain and Chatfield look outstanding, too. And it's a dam shame that they're AH kids because we already know how their recruitments will end.

Heritage should be mentioned in the same breath as Dwyer at this point. Perhaps with even more skepticism when we're possibly the only program in history to hire a local HS coach and not land a single one of his former players.

Tyson Campbell is a phenomenal talent. Surtain and Chatfield look outstanding, too. And it's a dam shame that they're AH kids because we already know how their recruitments will end.

yup.... They look at Quincy being a first rounder...they look at Brian Burns and McFadden on their ways to being first rounders... They go on visits to UF and FSU and feel at home cause they're surrounded by old teammates that are balling.... Meanwhile the only kid we had that had University school ties, Sam, got kicked off the team...

for these kids, feeling at home doesnt mean staying home anymore

Advertisement

yup.... They look at Quincy being a first rounder...they look at Brian Burns and McFadden on their ways to being first rounders... They go on visits to UF and FSU and feel at home cause they're surrounded by old teammates that are balling.... Meanwhile the only kid we had that had University school ties, Sam, got kicked off the team...

At some point, someone is going to have to fill me on the rest of this story. That all makes sense, but there should definitely be more. I mean, those other kids went to those schools under another coaching staff. Further, those other kids went there as "firsts" without their buddies. Perhaps we don't get all of them, but to get NONE of them? To be shut out from them almost automatically? To me, that speaks to some other part of the story we don't know. I don't know, anyway.

A guy like Slaton, for example. Given our situation and the fact Mike Rumph is Heritage's former coach, shouldn't we have an exceptional shot at him?

At some point, someone is going to have to fill me on the rest of this story. That all makes sense, but there should definitely be more. I mean, those other kids went to those schools under another coaching staff. Further, those other kids went there as "firsts" without their buddies. Perhaps we don't get all of them, but to get NONE of them? To be shut out from them almost automatically? To me, that speaks to some other part of the story we don't know. I don't know, anyway.

A guy like Slaton, for example. Given our situation and the fact Mike Rumph is Heritage's former coach, shouldn't we have an exceptional shot at him?

No because he was never high on miami to begin with. He never mentioned Miami before rumph got here. Some kids are set on playing outside of south Florida. He's a broward kid you get the drift

I'm as baffled as you are.

When Rumph was hired, the general consensus seemed to be disappointment coupled with slight intrigue as to whether our fortunes would be reversed at Heritage. Burns & Eubanks stayed away but there wasn't much time at all to sway them. Rumph then made an *** of himself on social media by tweeting about Marco Wilson's announcement right before he pledged to UF. And now we're missing on two top talents at positions of dire need in Slaton & Herbert.

And the cherry on top will be when/if we miss on Campbell, who has apparently been close with Rumph ever since he started playing. Rumph is our CB coach and Campbell is an elite recruit at that exact position or FS. For those who say recruiting is about relationships, Campbell should be a mortal lock. If there was one player from AH who should be an absolute layup for Rumph, it's Campbell. But watch us end up as just another hat on the table.

No because he was never high on miami to begin with. He never mentioned Miami before rumph got here. Some kids are set on playing outside of south Florida. He's a broward kid you get the drift
1. American Heritage is pretty close to Miami. My senior year of HS, we played them in the regular season and in the playoffs. Those kids may not be "Miami," but they're local.
2. He didn't mention Miami before Rumph got here, but Rumph was his actual coach, no?
3. What exactly happened that a former coach doesn't get *any* of his former players. Is that unprecedented?

My point is there seems to be something else to the story than just "well, the other friends are going elsewhere and doing well."

Advertisement
Back