Pete, your silence is deafening on the AH kids...

Advertisement
Maybe it was a poor decision by Pete to so strongly link the quality of this class to pulling these two flaky OL from a school which seems to hate us. That said, the people complaining about his coverage need to grow the **** up.

It wasn't a poor decision, he was simply calling it like it is. I respect that...and many of the idiots on this board need to realize that Pete isn't the one out there recruiting for UM, he is simply reporting on it. These passive-aggressive reactions towards Pete are just asinine.

Want to blame someone? Blame Richt who is ****** play caller but we all thought would make up for it by killing it in recruiting. Homeboy is getting paid A LOT of money and therefore we should expect more. A lot ****tier programs than ours have been turned around by good coaching staffs and many of them don't have the built-in advantage of being located in THE most fertile recruiting territory in the country.

Richt has a month to pick it up and finish strong, otherwise he deserves all the criticism he will likely get. His insisting on calling plays cost us at least a couple of games this year so I expect him to make up for it by finishing strong over the next month.

Some fools still dont get recruiting. Quit being whining crybaby biatches. If you havent figured out now that kids lie like Mofos and play this game till the end then your an idiot. These FN kids lie straight to coaches faces every single day and you expect that there is some dude who knows everything every time. Go buy a bunch of FN tampons and shove them up your beleeding vaginas and stop reading this site you clueless dumb Fs.

Some of the logic here that just because this is a free site that Pete gets a pass for being wrong is so dumb. Pete goes out of his way to say this is a free site and better quality than paying sites which may be true but he can't be a hypocrite and go into hiding when he's wrong and etc but call out them other sites when they are wrong and he's right.

For it me I take it as a grain of salt with whatever is said in recruiting these days.

WTF are you talking about? Dude can do any **** thing he wants, he doesn't owe it to you to say anything at all. I don't understand where this idea came from that Pete somehow owes anyone any information or any explanation when he's wrong. In fact, as has been stated by others, he's not even wrong, his source is wrong. Basically, people have their panties all twisted because they want to be told we're getting everybody and Pete isn't doing it. Now he's supposed to come on here and apologize for not having the info you decided he owes you? **** off.
Sounds like your the one who's panties are getting all twisted little buddy.

Ah, the old "no you are!". And the way you so artfully demeaned me by calling me "little buddy"...well played sir, I concede your superiority.
I'm glad you know your place, PEASANT.

Peasant? That's what you came up with? Try again, you're better than this.

Here's an idea, if you think Harley is coming to Miami simply say: "Things are looking good for the Canes but it's not a sure thing at this point".

Not "Harley comin" and "Cane" and then retreating into a bunker when he doubles down on WVU.

but its obvious that nothing is a sure thing in recruiting. theres no reason to say it. its like saying "my opinion", its obviously your opinion because your the one saying it.
and always leaving yourself an out when making a prediction would not be good. everybody on this site would kill him for it.

Advertisement
The reality of all of this, is that if Rumph was not a former cane, rather than some on the board being upset the entire board would want him the **** out.

This "once a cane always a cane" pass that some people seem to be okay giving needs to go the **** away, and go the **** away fast.

Rumph NEEDS to be **** canned if we miss on all AH targets under his watch. I am in favor of it happening on signing day if we don't get salon/herbert. Ill be throwing in on the banner if we don't get the 18 studs.

We're not getting those two lineman and he's not getting fired. Rumph is to blame yet their position coach takes none of heat since we seem to want to place blame? If everybody places Heritage in the same category that we do Dwyer there would be alot less angst. Those kids aren't coming here.

There's a significant difference between AH and Dwyer. We hired AH's HC. If we hired Dwyer's HC I'd expect to get all their guys too. That's just the way this **** works everywhere except here. You hire a HS coach you get that HS coach's players.

It's amazing to me that 100% of UM fans aren't losing their minds over Rum's unprecedented failure to bring in AH players. I can't believe anyone feels the need to excuse his cataclysmic failure there. He's the anti-recruiter.

Here's an idea, if you think Harley is coming to Miami simply say: "Things are looking good for the Canes but it's not a sure thing at this point".

Not "Harley comin" and "Cane" and then retreating into a bunker when he doubles down on WVU.

Exactly and this is the only reason people here give him a hard time.If If you're not going to be modest but report with swag and call out other outlets then when you're wrong don't hide like a little girl hoping all goes away.

Found this old thread about Chad Wilson.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/53936

Apparently he does run a recruiting site so he's probably like Genron a street agent.

He was mad because of how we recruited Chad. Which I agree turned out to be an epic fail.

Why with this new staff has this relationship not been repaired?

Well apparently that is just the Wilson's version of events. Whereas others close to the situation say that Chad was very pro Shannon and believed that the university treated him (Shannon) badly because he's black. And that there was nothing any new staff could change about that.

So Quincy went to our camp with (at least) the ok to be disruptive. A challenge he passed with flying colours. And the rest is history. Rumph bad mouthing the staff/school is just the cherry on top.

Shannon and Golden were both screwed by the admin because they weren't given the resources needed to win in modern college football. We are only now loosening the purse strings for Richt.

However Shannon was fired because of his results on the field which were subpar even in consideration of the lack of admin support. Shannon was a head corch. Period.

Still, this is the kind of stuff that you should be able to resolve and should have if it means we have to "take care" of him and Marco Wilson.

If he's really pushing to people to UF because of Shannon we'll see now for sure. If Shannon doesn't get the DC position at Florida I expect those guys to sign with anyone but Florida. Especially with the job he did in the Bowl game.

Advertisement
Lol. Dudes still getting emotional about this ****. If them dudes dont want to come here they dont want to come here. Richt was recruiting slaton himself and dude still dont want to come. Its other coaches on the staff and they aint convincing the heritage boys to come either.

Maybe rumph cant recruit. So what. As long as he keep coaching up corners he will land recruits.

Rumph biggest POWERLESS move in history

Harbaugh hired a highschool coach from another state and has gotten a pipeline of kids from that school 3 years running!

The whole staff is not recruiting good
Uf about to close with chris Henderson , Tj slaton, kaileon herbert, another db(brad Stewart from Louisiana probably), James Robinson from Lakeland amongst others...

Meanwhile in Miami I don't know whether we can feel confident about landing any top rated prospects right now other than dean tbh. I thought we had McFarland in the bag in December but why is he waiting so long to commit and the Maryland influence is there from the hometown team

Broke going to broke SMH

You not concerned? I f_cking hate them ufags but I'm calling like I see it. They can't seem to beat anyone on the trail but us and that's definitely a problem

Half the guys they getting we didnt want and the other half are guys that never wanted to come here come on broke you know better

Welcome to recruiting, it's not for the weak hearted.

lol skeeter was on grassy when it was good iirc . . . **** skeeter, that has to be talent 13 years ago. I had just started to begin to transition to teaching. same skeeter or nah?

Advertisement
Rumph had one job. Couldnt make AH a pipeline. On to the next one lots of people can teach technique

Yeah that aand coach up the DB's and he did a **** good job. Some of you have no clue.

Rumph is getting paid go recruit also. Maybe YOU have no clue. Lots of people can coach up DBs with out pass rush while not being an absolute fail at recruiting.

Coaching/recruting is his job, he is doing only half of his responsibilities. Richt should terminate him if he cannot produce on the recruiting trail and get someone who can!!

If Rumph wasnt a former Cane the banners for his head would be flying.

I hope he turns it around but ****

Advertisement
It's not going to happen and major fail! Rumph should be fired!

I appreciate the work you do either way, and subscribe to all "win some/lose some" theories...BUT

You always seem to choose to separate yourself from other Miami coverage, and have been quite adamant the last 2 months.

Are we to believe everything we read elsewhere, and assume UM is slipping with both (esp Slaton who most thought we had a good shot with)...Or are you still maintaining UM will sign at least 1, if not both, of the AH kids?

Would love for you to comment.

It's not going to happen and major fail! Rumph should be fired!

I appreciate the work you do either way, and subscribe to all "win some/lose some" theories...BUT

You always seem to choose to separate yourself from other Miami coverage, and have been quite adamant the last 2 months.

Are we to believe everything we read elsewhere, and assume UM is slipping with both (esp Slaton who most thought we had a good shot with)...Or are you still maintaining UM will sign at least 1, if not both, of the AH kids?

Another thing working against Rumph,is he's not very religious like most of Richt's staff,the way he"s recruiting he might want to start walking around the hecht with a bible in his hands.

you shouldn't follow recruiting!

Lol. Dudes still getting emotional about this ****. If them dudes dont want to come here they dont want to come here. Richt was recruiting slaton himself and dude still dont want to come. Its other coaches on the staff and they aint convincing the heritage boys to come either.

Maybe rumph cant recruit. So what. As long as he keep coaching up corners he will land recruits.

seems to reworking real well. Humph is lucly there is such a plethora of talent in miami each year.

Advertisement
Back