Perspective on Mario start

Advertisement
6-6 if you were realistic? with a potential Heisman candidate and top 10 NFL pick? with a brand new highest paid staff in the conference? with the resources we dumped into the program and the transfers we got? with the massive improvement we were expecting just because of the massive improvement in coaching?

NOBODY expected Miami to be anything less than 8-4. even Vegas gave us 9 wins... we were favored in 10 games before the season began.. that's "realistic"..

anybody who expected 6-6 before the season was being a pessimist. not a realist... i think anywhere from 8-4 to 9-3 was "realistic" before the season began.. 10-2 or better was optimistic...
1. TVD was never a Heisman candidate or a Top 10 pick. Nobody who paid attention to him last year really believed that. Not the guy who couldn't beat the worse FSU team in decades. Not the guy who had to have the offense dumbed down for him. Not saying he sucked. But he was mostly hype and projection on those other things.

2. We are just not a very good team with good players, nor is the ACC. That's not pessimistic. You don't have to agree, and that's okay, but it ain't pessimistic. Pessimistic would be 'WE WON'T WIN ANOTHER GAME ON THE SCHEDULE". idc what Vegas said. they've been wrong multiple times about the Hurricanes the last few years. All we do is disappoint. They had us at 9 last year. We went 7-5 And then we lost our best players (the best of whom wasn't even drafted btw).

6-6 should not be a surprise or shock to anyone.

I agree that dolts never learn. That's why Miami message boards have continued to whine about coaching for 21 years now.

Players go 7-5, it has to be the coach. Coach is fired.
Same players start 2-2, even with a new coach, and it still has to be the coach.
All of the coaches that we’ve had during the past 21 years have either tried to fit a square into a round hole, or had issues with not being able to pull the trigger on assistant coaches that needed to be replaced (Golden with D’no, Richt with his son, Manny with himself as DC), and now Mario with his insistence of running the same crap scheme that he’s run at every other stop that he’s been at.

Do you know what the odds are that every single class that we recruited the last 20+ years sucked? Astronomical.

But of course, it’s always easier for those that don’t want to see the truth to make up excuses in order to be able to cope.

Do we have the best roster in CFB? No, we do not.

Do we have a top 15 roster that should be able to crush teams like MTSU with ease? We most certainly do.

Our team has regressed in most areas. Yet, you fail to acknowledge that the coaching staff that was supposed to be Top 5 in the nation has our team playing like if they’re stuck in mud.

Yes, the talent is there, which is the biggest sign that there is a culture problem.
FFS, Do you not remember your post from 10 minutes ago where you said we dont have the talent?

“yeah, it is a complete overhaul. Watch us play. The talent is not there”

Now it’s culture after I point out talent hasn’t been an issue in either of our losses…******* comical

Advertisement
I
Crazy thing is you warn them before the season and they call you a hater or an idiot. I said this offense would experience growing pains this season if Mario ran his offense and we were an 8 win team on paper and was called every name in the book.
I call you prophet..

It's hard to watch a team go through a reclamation. Living through a 6-6 season, losing to UL-Monroe, must have been brutal. I had higher hopes, due to the coaching staff, at least reputation-wise. Gattis seems to be too busy making excuses to actually fix the problem. I don't know that he can. Some could come down to player execution, but that is still a coaching issue.

Advertisement
It’s funny how no one told us while we were winning the off-season that this program needed a huge turnaround. 90%+ of the site thought we would win at least 9 games. Its only after we lose to mighty mtsu that the rebuild is so obvious…

Then you should listen to the 10% who actually knew what they were talking about as it was always going to be a rebuild, opposed to the gullible masses who expect 16 years of frustration to get fixed overnight, as they're simply tired of being irrelevant and losing—placing all the onus on a new staff to quickly solve the problems of the past five coaches.

On paper, many said 9-3 was doable—but the logical ones were quick to point out an 0-for-18 run in the ACC and one Coastal title since there were two divisions in 2005—as well as Miami's penchant for ****ing away a handful of winnable ACC games annually to "lesser" competition. (IF Miami was going to have a successful year, it would take player stepping up, not down—while Van Dyke continued with superior quarterback play and new receivers stepped in for Rambo and Harley. Take that off the table and 10-2 easily becomes 7-5.)

We act like this team isn't less than three years removed from closing the 2019 seasons with an upset by FIU, a double-digit road loss at Duke and a bowl shutout to Louisiana Tech.

Miami was 118-85 entering this season (since 2005 Peach Bowl) which averages out to 7-5 per year—and when you look at the last two seasons, three games decided by nine points (2021) and another three by eight points (2020)—with some out-of-this-world quarterbacking efforts from Van Dyke and King.

The bigger problem is a fan base that ignored 7-5 last year and the way this program looked / was run under Diaz—believing that Mario and a high-paid staff were some just-add-water answer to fixing 16 years of incompetence—Cristobal now Miami's third coach in five season and sixth head coach in 17 years.

Miami has won 9 games or more (10 in 2017) precisely four times since 2006—yet people just expected to waltz into double-digit wins this year? That's on an irrational, emotional fan base—not the coaching staff.

Last edited:
Most knowledgeable fans knew this would take time. This roster is average at best... but any way you slice it, coaching contributed to these losses. For 80 million dollars, he shouldn't be learning on the job.

Exactly year 1 for Mario so far is looking the same as year 1 for Manny. ****** losses, decent recruiting, and a bad OC

We didn’t get rid of Manny to pay way more for the same results

Typical CIS. Once you have it out for a guy, he can't do anything right. The guy had a bigger road win last year than we have had in 20 years. CIS response? "Meh, outlier. He lost to Stanford".

So let's just keep rolling through guys every 3-4 years until Kirby Smart decides to come to Miami.
It’s simply perspective and taking everything into account. Are Harbaugh and Mario better coaches than day now since they both beat him last year? What is your conclusion about him then based on that one road win? Why are you omitting the loss to Stanford and the 2 Utah beat downs when talking about last year

And I’m not saying fire him, I’m saying manage your expectations because he’s not an amazing coaching messiah. People only have a hard on for him because he’s a former cane. No one would be talking him up this much without that on his resume

All of the coaches that we’ve had during the past 21 years have either tried to fit a square into a round hole, or had issues with not being able to pull the trigger on assistant coaches that needed to be replaced (Golden with D’no, Richt with his son, Manny with himself as DC), and now Mario with his insistence of running the same crap scheme that he’s run at every other stop that he’s been at.

Do you know what the odds are that every single class that we recruited the last 20+ years sucked? Astronomical.

But of course, it’s always easier for those that don’t want to see the truth to make up excuses in order to be able to cope.

Do we have the best roster in CFB? No, we do not.

Do we have a top 15 roster that should be able to crush teams like MTSU with ease? We most certainly do.

Our team has regressed in most areas. Yet, you fail to acknowledge that the coaching staff that was supposed to be Top 5 in the nation has our team playing like if they’re stuck in mud.
Yes, it's every coaching staff. Nothing to do with the recruiting ground.

Advertisement
1. TVD was never a Heisman candidate or a Top 10 pick. Nobody who paid attention to him last year really believed that. Not the guy who couldn't beat the worse FSU team in decades. Not the guy who had to have the offense dumbed down for him. Not saying he sucked. But he was mostly hype and projection on those other things.

2. We are just not a very good team with good players, nor is the ACC. That's not pessimistic. You don't have to agree, and that's okay, but it ain't pessimistic. Pessimistic would be 'WE WON'T WIN ANOTHER GAME ON THE SCHEDULE". idc what Vegas said. they've been wrong multiple times about the Hurricanes the last few years. All we do is disappoint. They had us at 9 last year. We went 7-5 And then we lost our best players (the best of whom wasn't even drafted btw).

6-6 should not be a surprise or shock to anyone.

go back here and tell me how you voted... I screenshot it for you in case you don't remember...

1664902103727.png

It’s simply perspective and taking everything into account. Are Harbaugh and Mario better coaches than day now since they both beat him last year? What is your conclusion about him then based on that one road win? Why are you omitting the loss to Stanford and the 2 Utah beat downs when talking about last year

And I’m not saying fire him, I’m saying manage your expectations because he’s not an amazing coaching messiah. People only have a hard on for him because he’s a former cane. No one would be talking him up this much without that on his resume

One road win? He has a 12-win and 10-win season in three full years in a P5 conference. If a guy like that doesn't get more than four games to put a program together, then get used to bringing in a new coach every 3-4 years for the next 21 years, again. Because no one outside the top four guys will ever meet your standards. And they aren't coming here.

Advertisement
We all bought in to the board coming up with the home run hire, coughing up money to be a contender and the hiring of a dream staff. We were all in such shock and disbelief that the school finally even addressed the program That we forgot it was the same lackadaisical team.

go back here and tell me how you voted... I screenshot it for you in case you don't remember...

View attachment 210409
All these geniuses coming out of the woodwork saying it’s an obvious rebuild after predicting 8-10 wins this season just proves the point that they are trying to engage in revisionist history to make themselves feel better about the future of the team/program.

All these geniuses coming out of the woodwork saying it’s an obvious rebuild after predicting 8-10 wins this season just proves the point that they are trying to engage in revisionist history to make themselves feel better about the future of the team/program.

Another CIS tradition: call out other posters rather than talk about the actual issues.

One road win? He has a 12-win and 10-win season in three full years in a P5 conference. If a guy like that doesn't get more than four games to put a program together, then get used to bringing in a new coach every 3-4 years for the next 21 years, again. Because no one outside the top four guys will ever meet your standards. And they aren't coming here.
I’m willing to give him more than 4 games to build the program and right the ship.

I’m also willing to point out that losing to MTSU falls squarely on his shoulders just as much as it falls on the players.

Again, we can walk and chew gum at the same time here.

Advertisement
Back