Perspective on Mario start

That’s on the coaches. That means they ain’t putting guys in the right scheme to succeed. A bunch of guys don’t just regress bro

But you're claiming that the guy who won 10 games, including a game at Ohio State, can't coach a bunch of south Florida blue chip athletes past MTSU. Does that even make sense?

Advertisement
But you're claiming that the guy who won 10 games, including a game at Ohio State, can't coach a bunch of south Florida blue chip athletes past MTSU. Does that even make sense?
That’s exactly what we all just witnessed with our own eyes. So, no, it doesn’t make any sense. But, yes, it did happen.

Last edited:
Maybe MTSU was what Mario needed to get the players to buy in. If our cbs can't play man press on MTSU wrs then we were doomed and he needed to see who had the fire to keep fighting..He is still seeing what players can play big boy football and learning this team. Sometimes an ugly loss can be a humbling experience to guys who have always been touted. I'll give him time to work but scheme or not these players should have balled on MTSU. I saw first hand these players on this roster isn't championship caliber and Mario did too. Now comes where he makes his money the rest of the season to find the core he builds the future team around. The man has seen what real football looks like for many years and he wants to win here. Everybody can tell. We paid him now he gotta put the work in. Will be painful for us to watch but he has to build it brick by boring brick. Many will leave, recruits will spurn us, but he will upgrade the roster with players he feel will give him an opportunity to play real football whatever that is. JMO. I would of loved Lane with Lebby as OC but I wasn't making the calls. Mario is good for the culture. Cause Lane would of kissed us goodbye the first chance these players ineptitude showed up

Most knowledgeable fans knew this would take time. This roster is average at best... but any way you slice it, coaching contributed to these losses. For 80 million dollars, he shouldn't be learning on the job.

Advertisement
That’s exactly what we all just witnesses with our own eyes. So, no, it doesn’t make any sense. But, yes, it did happen.

Thanks for that deep dive into my post.

Now that we agree that it happened, does it make sense that it's because our guy just doesn't know what he's doing, as implied by the post I replied to?

Thanks for that deep dive into my post.

Now that we agree that it happened, does it make sense that it's because our guy just doesn't know what he's doing, as implied by the post I replied to?
Since it doesn’t make sense, does that mean it didn’t happen?

Me: "Now that we agree that it happened..."
ddann: "does that mean it didn’t happen?"

CIS gonna CIS.

Advertisement
It’s funny how no one told us while we were winning the off-season that this program needed a huge turnaround. 90%+ of the site thought we would win at least 9 games. Its only after we lose to mighty mtsu that the rebuild is so obvious…
I can already tell who are going to flip out. It’s the people saying anything less than 10 wins is a failure. It’s people claiming they shouldn’t have to lower expectations. It’s the people who expect that we sweep the coastal because we upgraded every position on staff.

It RARELY works that way. This team won 7 games last year and has only known a substandard staff. Depth is not there either, and injuries will happen every season.

We are on the right track and we finally need not put blind faith in inexperienced coaches.

First year is clean up. Rebuild. I’m not demanding squat. If Mario keeps landing blue chips, we will be good after his depth chart is filled with his own players.

As for the haters calling to fuel the plane? Eat a bag of d$&@, because this school is not firing Mario for a very long time. Get comfy and used to Mario being our coach.
I put the claim in BIG FONT so you can read it this time…

If 7-5 got the previous HC fired (no, I'm not even remotely advocating for Mario to be), that should be the unacceptable floor. Money invested in the program including NIL, staff hired, access to the portal, and high powered recruiters shouldn't have us on the shaky ground that we are. Then add to that playing some of our bigger divisional/conference rivals at home (UNCCH, Pitt, and F$U) in an always winnable Coastal side of our conference.

I realize we're only getting started on ACC play this coming Sat but don't think many of us have a warm and fuzzy feeling going into it anymore.

Imo, there's a big difference in turning it around to compete on a truly national level, which will take time and patience and being competitive on the smaller stage that we're staggering through. They can be mutually exclusive and to me they are.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shannon went 5-7 his first year. Manny lost to FIU, Duke, and La Tech his first year. Golden lost to a 2 win Maryland team his first year. Your point is?
While true that the majority of coaches who had poor first years turned out to be crappy coaches it’s also true that the majority of coaches who most consider successful including Saban, Howard, JJ and Butch had poor first years as well.

Point is it’s a little premature to determine which group Mario will fall under especially considering Mario has been a successful coach before

The funny thing is all the fans that love to talk about "U family" and how much they care about the players and how its a "brotherhood" and then turn on a Miami player who could've not come back to this 20 year mess but did, in 4 games. Thats some loyal "family" values there.

Advertisement
It's a lot of things, it's very obvious that poor recruiting, discipline and evaluations are playing a part, particularly at several positions. But we should easily have enough talent to beat MTSU,

However, I think the BB situation is telling. He looked pretty decent at La Tech and is looking good at Mizzou, but looked like a buffoon here? Hmm... Yeah there's some deep issues here with kids that are lingering, bad technique, discipline, and coaching. I think under-qualified coaches under Diaz implementing another guys system has really regressed some of our players.

On the other side I think it's different, I think the kids had a great system they could work with and really good coaches like Lash, Justice, and Likens. But they lacked enough physicality. Took a lot of the thinking out of it and they could just make plays, I think the kids are just not getting it with Gattis for whatever reason.

Mario and Co. have made some huge mistakes so far but there is definitely a stench that continues to affect this program that's going to take time, the problem being in the instant gratification society, Mario's got an uphill battle.

The flip side to this is if your getting nothing but negs, obviously your reaction score remains stagnant and never achieves @Baba Yaga status.
Yeah man when I'm trying to close at the bar and it's looking bleak, I whip out my phone and show them what's up.

Boom.

Me So Horny GIFs | Tenor

Advertisement
Back