Perspective on Mario start

go back here and tell me how you voted... I screenshot it for you in case you don't remember...

View attachment 210409
Isn’t it funny how they move the goalposts?

Went from 10-2, and most posters thinking TVD was the goods to now TVD sucks and can’t complete a forward pass and needs to be either benched or transfer.

It would be poetic justice if TVD did transfer and put up numbers like he did last season. It would suck for our team, but it might finally shut some of these people up.

Advertisement
I’m willing to give him more than 4 games to build the program and right the ship.

I’m also willing to point out that losing to MTSU falls squarely on his shoulders just as much as it falls on the players.

Again, we can walk and chew gum at the same time here.

Except that he didn't pick the players.

I am 75 and a life long CANES fan not sure i have 5 years left to see us turn this program around , i was hopping for a decent maybe 8-4 type season this year. After seeing last weeks game i dont see us better then 7-5 max.

Another CIS tradition: call out other posters rather than talk about the actual issues.
We’ll when a pathetic pattern emerges when fans like yourself try to say “I told you it was a rebuild” and there is verifiable proof that they were on the Miami hype train 6 weeks ago, I’d say that’s pretty relevant to the conversation and puts their posts in perspective. Calling out self righteous, hypocritical loudmouths should be a tradition anywhere…

Advertisement
We’ll when a pathetic pattern emerges when fans like yourself try to say “I told you it was a rebuild” and there is verifiable proof that they were on the Miami hype train 6 weeks ago, I’d say that’s pretty relevant to the conversation and puts their posts in perspective. Calling out self righteous, hypocritical loudmouths should be a tradition anywhere…

9-3 is on the hype train? You're blasting Mario for going 10-3 last year. Now 9-3 is hype train? Typical CIS.

I am 75 and a life long CANES fan not sure i have 5 years left to see us turn this program around , i was hopping for a decent maybe 8-4 type season this year. After seeing last weeks game i dont see us better then 7-5 max.
Congratulations on making it to 75. That is no easy feat. Hoping you get to see another 25 years with 10 more UM Championships!!!

Dang brother, thanks for making me not the oldest person on here today. Fan since the 60s of Canes and Fins too. Went to a lot of games back then. Going to a Fins game pre-Shula where you could sit basically anywhere you wanted was pretty incredible.
I'm 💯 with you. I'm running out of time for "rebuilds" lol.
Have a healthy day!

Advertisement
Stopped reading at “Nick Saban”

People should be banned for that by now

Everyone knows his record because it’s the same “perspective” people have used to excuse every ****** coach that’s followed Butch here

Just stop

Yes, the talent is there, which is the biggest sign that there is a culture problem.
I agree with this 100%. Even if we didn’t practice the entire week leading up to the game and the coaches decided we needed to install a Wing T Spread offense the morning of the game, we still win that game just on the talent disparity.

MTSU wanted to win that game and we didn’t give a **** until it was too late.

I really hate to pull a SWFLHurricane, but back in the day when we had a locker room full of players who wanted to win, that kind of **** poor performance would not have been tolerated. The players themselves would not have allowed it.

The funny thing is all the fans that love to talk about "U family" and how much they care about the players and how its a "brotherhood" and then turn on a Miami player who could've not come back to this 20 year mess but did, in 4 games. Thats some loyal "family" values there.
If I could upvote this any harder, I would.

Advertisement
I agree with this 100%. Even if we didn’t practice the entire week leading up to the game and the coaches decided we needed to install a Wing T Spread offense the morning of the game, we still win that game just on the talent disparity.

MTSU wanted to win that game and we didn’t give a **** until it was too late.

I really hate to pull a SWFLHurricane, but back in the day when we had a locker room full of players who wanted to win, that kind of **** poor performance would not have been tolerated. The players themselves would not have allowed it.
Feel free to pull a SWFLHurricane...nothing wrong with being truthful....

Can we remind everyone that Nick Saban had already won a National Championship elsewhere before we use him as an example?

Too early to tell on Mario, but please for the love of god stop it with Saban lost to a team he wasn't supposed to

Advertisement
really doesn't care about winning

This is pure copium. There are at least three dozen coaches that would have UM at 3-1 right now, with the simple change of having a spread offense instead of a Bro-style rugby scrum offense. There are probably a dozen coaches that would have UM at 4-0 and knocked off aTm.

We have talented players but they are the wrong fit for the offense that Cristobal wants to run. And how do I know this? Because this was a top 26 offense for two consecutive years with two different QBs and two different groups of scrub WRs. Again, go watch Roman M.'s MTSU game analysis on YouTube. The film doesn't lie - the Cristo-bro O has horrible long developing routes, no hot routes for TVD, and constantly runs into a stacked box. Lashlees O was simplistic but extremely QB friendly. The biggest issue by far is the offensive scheme,not the players.

If you saw the University of Indiana had a roster of slow bulky Big 10 players and they hired an Air Raid coach who was 0-4, we'd be laughing and calling the coach a clown for trying to turn the players into something they arent. No sane person would say "just wait until the HC brings in all the air raid talent." You know why? Because chances are that while the roster is getting turned over, they will have a horrible record for several years , and the head coach is going to be on the hot seat before long. Meanwhile the best recruits that would be a good fit for the air raid are going to stay away because they know the team has mishmash of players that were recruited for different types of football. A good coach would design the scheme around the players actually on the team and not the players he wishes were on the team.

Last edited:
But you're claiming that the guy who won 10 games, including a game at Ohio State, can't coach a bunch of south Florida blue chip athletes past MTSU. Does that even make sense?
Ladies and gentlemen, this is what delusion looks like. Yeah he can’t coach them past MTSU as he actually proved on the field. Seriously was this post a joke?

Wonder how long it will be until QP makes yet another account.

Saban losing to ULM and going 6-6 doesn't make the point you think it does.

How about we instead of clinging to it in isolation, we try putting it in the proper context?

Name the list of P5 coaches who lost to a G5 team at any point who went on to achieve anything of note at that program?

The only one that jumps out is Nick Saban. Hits a lot differently.

I promised you the list of those that failed is longer, and if it isn't a big sample, it's because P5 coaches don't lose to G5 schools.

Advertisement
Back