Per a porster on CS..Robert Burns status

Advertisement
Didn't he sign the GA? Doesn't that mean Miami has to honer his scholarship?

Exactly...

They do as far as I know. Also, I would be stunned if Burns was able to hide the severity of an injury from Baez. I could understand if it was some out of state recruit.
Good point. With Baez's extensive medical background, Burns would never be able to hide an injury from him.

Dr. Baez is notorious for just taking a kid's word about if they have pancreatic cancer or not. Was a cost cutting measure leftover from the Shalala era. May have bitten us here.

Advertisement
Come on now OP, the poster you speak of in none other than vette....

raw

Advertisement
Dude is also saying that Kaaya will call some of his own plays tonight. Part of what they have been working on since Duke game so Richt will be letting him call some on his own. TFWIW

Paranos:

"If and I do say If, Miami feels they were deceived by Burns they would have to honor his Grant - In -Aid agreement for 1 year then simply not renew it or more likely offer him a medical hardship scholarship but that would end his playing career not only at Miami but everywhere else."

It does not end his career.

15.5.1.2.1 Incapacitating Injury or Illness. If an incapacitating injury or illness occurs prior to a prospective
student-athlete’s or a student-athlete’s participation in athletically related activities and results in
the student-athlete’s inability to compete ever again, the student-athlete shall not be counted within the
institution’s maximum financial aid award limitations for the current, as well as later, academic years. However,
if the incapacitating injury or illness occurs on or after the student-athlete’s participation in countable
athletically related activities in the sport, the student-athlete shall be counted in the institution’s maximum
financial aid limitations for the current academic year but need not be counted in later academic years.
(Adopted: 1/10/91, Revised: 3/26/04, 9/18/07)
15.5.1.2.2 Change in Circumstances. If circumstances change and the student-athlete subsequently
practices or competes at the institution at which the incapacitating injury or illness occurred, the student athlete
again shall become a counter, and the institution shall be required to count that financial aid under
the limitations of this bylaw in the sport in question during each academic year in which the financial aid
was received.

We not in the position to drop anybody. They like burns I highly doubt that. Miami could possibly be going to spring with only 2 running a backs in Travis homer and walton. So That's definitely not happening

Gray

Advertisement
Will Gray bite the bullet and try to commit himself to being a FB? With Walton, Gus and Homer in line it doesn't appear he will ever see a meaningful touch as a RB.

He could be a great FB with his size/speed if he has the mentality.

Advertisement
IMG_6208.PNG

Check out Burns eyes. Really far apart. Hypertelorism could be benign or associated with some genetic disorder. See Isaiah Austin and Marfan's syndrome.

Maybe genetic testing is in order by UM. Kid signed those papers though.

Paranos:

"If and I do say If, Miami feels they were deceived by Burns they would have to honor his Grant - In -Aid agreement for 1 year then simply not renew it or more likely offer him a medical hardship scholarship but that would end his playing career not only at Miami but everywhere else."

15.5.1.2.1 Incapacitating Injury or Illness. If an incapacitating injury or illness occurs prior to a prospective
student-athlete’s or a student-athlete’s participation in athletically related activities and results in
the student-athlete’s inability to compete ever again, the student-athlete shall not be counted within the
institution’s maximum financial aid award limitations for the current, as well as later, academic years. However,
if the incapacitating injury or illness occurs on or after the student-athlete’s participation in countable
athletically related activities in the sport, the student-athlete shall be counted in the institution’s maximum
financial aid limitations for the current academic year but need not be counted in later academic years.
15.5.1.2.2 Change in Circumstances. If circumstances change and the student-athlete subsequently
practices or competes at the institution at which the incapacitating injury or illness occurred, the student athlete
again shall become a counter, and the institution shall be required to count that financial aid under
the limitations of this bylaw in the sport in question during each academic year in which the financial aid
was received.

I'm very surprised to see Parrotnose spewing more misinformation and doing so in a very authoritative fashion.

Paranos:

was received.

I'm very surprised to see Parrotnose spewing more misinformation and doing so in a very authoritative fashion.

To be fair, Paranosboy Cane is the leading authority on this site when it comes to debilitating medical ailments.

Burns has been diagnosed with hurt feelings. Posts in this thread can only aggravate his injury.

Advertisement
Back