Per a porster on CS..Robert Burns status

Advertisement
Another questionable move by the staff to seemingly cool on Darrian Felix and keep Burns in the class instead. Especially when Burns should've been in a "prove it" situation for his senior year, but once again couldn't even get on the field.

Our RB situation would look a bit different if we had Felix in Burns' spot to hopefully join McFarland. Seems like Clemson is making Felix a priority now, FWIW.

Didn't he sign the GA? Doesn't that mean Miami has to honer his scholarship?

Exactly...

They do as far as I know. Also, I would be stunned if Burns was able to hide the severity of an injury from Baez. I could understand if it was some out of state recruit.
Good point. With Baez's extensive medical background, Burns would never be able to hide an injury from him.

He's very tight with family etc

Advertisement
If and I do say If, Miami feels they were deceived by Burns they would have to honor his Grant - In -Aid agreement for 1 year then simply not renew it or more likely offer him a medical hardship scholarship but that would end his playing career not only at Miami but everywhere else.

So if Miami is bothered by his recent injury then the could simply go out and recruit a 3rd running back for the 2017 class (it is not like there won't be extra scholarships left over for 2017).

**** Miami could take a look at 2017 RB Delmonte Hall from Desoto, LA he is not 1 FBS because he is from small town Louisiana. The young man is like a supercharged bowling ball with legs! Supposedly he has 3.2 GPA an passing ACT score.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;k3KWzsbnE4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3KWzsbnE4A[/video]

If and I do say If, Miami feels they were deceived by Burns they would have to honor his Grant - In -Aid agreement for 1 year then simply not renew it or more likely offer him a medical hardship scholarship but that would end his playing career not only at Miami but everywhere else.

So if Miami is bothered by his recent injury then the could simply go out and recruit a 3rd running back for the 2017 class (it is not like there won't be extra scholarships left over for 2017).

**** Miami could take a look at 2017 RB Delmonte Hall from Desoto, LA he is not 1 FBS because he is from small town Louisiana. The young man is like a supercharged bowling ball with legs! Supposedly he has 3.2 GPA an passing ACT score.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;k3KWzsbnE4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3KWzsbnE4A[/video]

The kid is playing against midgets and it takes him a good 3 seconds to get his motor running, will be a great late add for Tulanr or La Laf.

Another questionable move by the staff to seemingly cool on Darrian Felix and keep Burns in the class instead. Especially when Burns should've been in a "prove it" situation for his senior year, but once again couldn't even get on the field.

Our RB situation would look a bit different if we had Felix in Burns' spot to hopefully join McFarland. Seems like Clemson is making Felix a priority now, FWIW.

Not a questionable move. It was outright stupid.

You take a Felix even IF Burns and McFarland are healthy.

Advertisement

i was always a big fan of felix. as long as we offered before clemson then we should still go after him.

Or better yet Miami could go after 2017 RB Cordarrian Richardson (Trezevant HS in memphis , TN) who recently decommitted from Clemson. I think he the nations # 6 ranked running back. His high school is in the midst of an academic scandal but the Richardson is supposedly in the clear. He is a two time Mr. Football in Tennesse, same league that Corn Elder to miami an he turned out pretty good for miami.

Link to Decommitment article
Cordarrian Richardson De-commits from Clemson Tigers - Shakin The Southland

[video=youtube;eSyL4Uv3b3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSyL4Uv3b3I[/video]

[video=youtube;2djTivKu9R8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djTivKu9R8[/video]

i was always a big fan of felix. as long as we offered before clemson then we should still go after him.

Technically, we weren't his first offer. He will go to whomever offered first.

Advertisement

Felix didnt want to come to miami.

Advertisement
Wow this recruiting season has been the worst to date! I'm trying to stay positive, but **** these fools are pushing me to the brink!'

What is the injury?

His entire body.
Wishing him a speedy recovery. RBMUMMY.jpg

Advertisement
Back