People need to let go of the idea of Butch

Why schiano? What did he actually accomplish at Rutgers? He is Also Golden at temple with Miami ties.... Plz stop. And that's without being biased about his job here in Tampa... Cut the crap ties or no ties he is Golden pt 2

Advertisement
Let this sink in Mario fans, he averaged 4.5 wins per year at FIU, 3.3 (out of 8 games) of those wins were in conference against the murders roe of arkansas state, Louisiana–Lafayette, Louisiana–Monroe, Middle Tennessee, WKU, Troy , North Texas, Florida Atlantic, South Alabama

He had 27 wins in 6 years while at FIU and Al Gorlden had 27 wins in 5 years while Temple. How is that an upgrade over Gorlden?

Can anyone name me one HC that had a losing record against competition like that and gone on the win a NC?

Last edited:
I am thinking with Golden't payout UM will be looking for the most bang for the buck that will also have a local Miami tie in, which brings back to Mario Cristabol. Who would probably keep most of current staff minus the Temple crew.

go canes

Bringing in Mario Cristabol as a HC is not going to get UM any bang for their buck. He might be the one coaching candidate that is worse than Golden. Ask Alabama fans how they feel about the performance of their offensive line or look at his FIU track record and you will find out all you need to know about his coaching acumen.

I looked online and they love what he is doing with Oline an many press outlets are surprised he hasn't been snapped up for a Head Coaching job.

Here is the link to article about it.
Five Reasons Miami Hurricanes Should Fire Al Golden and Hire Mario Cristobal | Miami New Times

Here is another article about how is molding his current Oline Replacements.
Can Mario Cristobal Again Mold A Dominant Offensive Line in 2015? - Roll 'Bama Roll

So let me get this straight, according to the article, his biggest qualifications for being the HC at UM are:
1. He is Cheap
2. He played at UM and speaks spanish (like african american coaches and players care that he speaks spanish)
3. He coached for 2 years under Saban (Im sure he acquired vast amount of knowledge in those 2 years without ever calling a play)
4. He had a losing record at FIU and if a coach is to have a losing record he might as well be a former player
5. He will be able to recruit S Florida studs because he did it Bama (which by the way has been winning NC lately and has much more resources than UM)

Maybe its just me but that doesn't sound too impressive or convincing. Actually it sounds more like his agent paid this guy or the NT to write a favorable article touting the "greatness" that is Mario Cristobal

Also, go read some Bama message boards about their fans thoughts on the OL. Many fans often blame the 2 year skid of NC's on the regression of the OL.

I like your points.

Provide link to a few free bama message boards where they are bashing Cristobal.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Why schiano? What did he actually accomplish at Rutgers? He is Also Golden at temple with Miami ties.... Plz stop. And that's without being biased about his job here in Tampa... Cut the crap ties or no ties he is Golden pt 2

What did Jimmy Johnson accomplish before coming to Miami?

Okay well Rutgers before Schiano had been to 1 bowl game in their entire history. He took them to 6 bowls winning 5 of them, and had them winning 9 games even 11 games once. At Rutgers. A program that was terrible with no talent. On top of that 16 players in the NFL played under the guy. From Rutgers...Rutgers...

He was our DC in 1999-2000. Here's an article on the turnaround

And who did Urban Meyer and company call to help this with their defense. Schiano.

He was the DC Butch's last two years. 9-4,11-1. He's Butch without the baggage.

Schiano wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't mind if he was hired.He completely turned the rutgers team around.The man believes in an aggressive attacking defense and in a strong SC program.When he was coaching at rutgers they were a bit undersized but his players were ripped from DL to DBs.

Schiano wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't mind if he was hired.He completely turned the rutgers team around.The man believes in an aggressive attacking defense and in a strong SC program.When he was coaching at rutgers they were a bit undersized but his players were ripped from DL to DBs.

Yeah I agree with you who he wouldn't be my first choice either, but he's one that makes sense, and we actually did have him on the list of candidates in 2007 when we went with Shannon but he was loyal to Rutgers. I think he would do a good job, and the list that would work is small, but he will be on our list again.

Advertisement

Yeah I agree with you who he wouldn't be my first choice either, but he's one that makes sense, and we actually did have him on the list of candidates in 2007 when we went with Shannon but he was loyal to Rutgers. I think he would do a good job, and the list that would work is small, but he will be on our list again.

People will complain about Schinaos NFL failure, but lots of great college coaches failed miserably in the NFL. Those Rutger teams were physical, he would need a good OC though, wonder if Coley Would take a demotion? Would be interesting hire, but the next coach will probably be somebody nobody thought about. It all depends on what other teams are hiring and firing next year.

Won't be a butch, Patterson, or chud.

I am thinking with Golden't payout UM will be looking for the most bang for the buck that will also have a local Miami tie in, which brings back to Mario Cristabol. Who would probably keep most of current staff minus the Temple crew.

go canes

Bringing in Mario Cristabol as a HC is not going to get UM any bang for their buck. He might be the one coaching candidate that is worse than Golden. Ask Alabama fans how they feel about the performance of their offensive line or look at his FIU track record and you will find out all you need to know about his coaching acumen.

I looked online and they love what he is doing with Oline an many press outlets are surprised he hasn't been snapped up for a Head Coaching job.

Here is the link to article about it.
Five Reasons Miami Hurricanes Should Fire Al Golden and Hire Mario Cristobal | Miami New Times

Here is another article about how is molding his current Oline Replacements.
Can Mario Cristobal Again Mold A Dominant Offensive Line in 2015? - Roll 'Bama Roll

So let me get this straight, according to the article, his biggest qualifications for being the HC at UM are:
1. He is Cheap
2. He played at UM and speaks spanish (like african american coaches and players care that he speaks spanish)
3. He coached for 2 years under Saban (Im sure he acquired vast amount of knowledge in those 2 years without ever calling a play)
4. He had a losing record at FIU and if a coach is to have a losing record he might as well be a former player
5. He will be able to recruit S Florida studs because he did it Bama (which by the way has been winning NC lately and has much more resources than UM)

Maybe its just me but that doesn't sound too impressive or convincing. Actually it sounds more like his agent paid this guy or the NT to write a favorable article touting the "greatness" that is Mario Cristobal

Also, go read some Bama message boards about their fans thoughts on the OL. Many fans often blame the 2 year skid of NC's on the regression of the OL.

I like your points.

Provide link to a few free bama message boards where they are bashing Cristobal.

Go Canes

The complaints of the fans were posted in the middle of the season, if I can find them I will repost

Stoops has access to more talent in florida and ACC is an easier conference to make it to a BCS game than SEC.
What is great about Mario? what golden did at temple is more impressive than his FIU stint.

You guys might be thinking of the wrong Stoops. I think Bob would be the better choice.

He wouldn't be cheap and if he has another disappointing season by OU standards he could be available next season. There was a lot of talk this year that he was looking at the Michigan job to get out of OU because it had become stale (some even said he was on their short list). Florida supposedly wanted to offer him the job but he declined because he would have to face his brother every year.

He most likely still has some ties in the state. There probably won't be any other big name programs with jobs available and IF (thats a big if) Miami would be willing to pay and the admin shows a commitment toward winning by adding an IFP and finding a stadium solution, he would probably consider the opening.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"But But he was linked to academic scandal"

Formally cleared of wrong doing by NCAA

"But But But he burned bridges..they'll never hire him back"

Bobby Petrino does same thing, returns to UL. However its IMPOSSIBLE Butch could come back

= Golden Nut Swinger Logic

Didn't read all the other posts, but, Al Golden is in his last season as UMs head football coach or I'm in my last season as a fan....
Just a preamble to what to expect
#1 recruiting class falls out of top 15
Season had a few positives followed by an epic meltdown
New hashtags (swag 17)
Great talk of pillars, core values
Something, not sure what, but something will happen ala (als first year) to keep his BFF and him here for the next.
OR, and this is the kicker, he has success and takes the job he begged for last year...

Bobby Petrino does same thing, returns to UL. However its IMPOSSIBLE Butch could come back

I don't know about all the NCAA stuff but the second part, whether we like it or not, about him burning bridges is true. Barry Jackson confirmed as much from a BOT member in one of his columns.

Advertisement
Anyone suggesting Luigi from Alabamy really deserves another decade of effing misery. For chrissakes, I'd seriously consider extending Alfredo again before hiring Cristobal. And that's really the litmus test for if your suggested replacement shouldn't be suggested.

UNC and any potential rule breaking by Butch has been investigated more than the Kennedy Assassination, and Butch was clean.

Any BOT member or AD who does due diligence could only come to one conclusion - Bring Back Butch.

I don't know about all the NCAA stuff but the second part, whether we like it or not, about him burning bridges is true. Barry Jackson confirmed as much from a BOT member in one of his columns.

So did Bobby P. How'd that turn out?

All it takes is an administration that wants to win again and the BOT will put petty bull**** aside. Otherwise this program will continue to #DeserveMedicrity

go canes

I like Cristabol, but not quite sue if I would want him as a head coach. He's a good recruiter, and a really great Oline coach, but at FIU they started to sink pretty quickly. Now that program was new and really had nothing an he definitely took him there, but it really deflated quickly.

Also I'll be honest I'm not the biggest fan of getting an alum to be HC after Shannon. I love all the UM players but as a head man I think it's not a smart move. I still have no idea why but alumni HC never really do well. If anyone can think of an alumni HC that coaches his school to a national title? Urban Meyer was from Cincinnati so that's kind of close, Saban is from West Viginia, Same with Jimbo, we just need a great coach.

The guy I think it will be is Greg Schiano. He has a proved track record that is clean in the NCAA, coached under Butch at UM, built Rutgers up and put a bunch of players into the league. He's like getting Butch without the dirty laundry and Cristobal coached under him at Rutgers so you know he would come back to UM and work for him. Don't be surprised if Schiano is our new coach.

Schiano presided over an incident in Tampa where his players contracted MRSA and then he tried to lie/cover it up and blame it on the players themselves. He is not coming back here.

Advertisement
Back