People need to let go of the idea of Butch

RL52U

Redshirt Freshman
Butch Davis was one of my favorite coaches for UM. Jimmy Johnson will always hold the #1 spot for me personally, but Butch was a close second. There is no disputing how great a job he did at UM and his eye for talent is incredible.

However he will never be hired back, and people have to accept that.

Looking a all the things that happened at UM with Shapiro / NCAA and all that (we know our history) there is no way Butch will be brought in to coach after he was let go for all the things happening at UNC. Yes I know the NCAA is full of ****, and are a really corrupt organization, but bringing in Butch puts a target on our back even bigger than it already is, and honestly one we can't afford if the NCAA decides to come seek retribution for not nailing us for Shapiro.

There is no way the administration would do it. I'm definitely not a fan of Golden, but if you are wanting a replacement for him you have to be realistic in who we can get that the admin MIGHT actually hire. They aren't hiring a guy who was connected to academic/athletic scandal to a place that just got through a big scandal. No matter how good of a coach he was.

Advertisement
We know it won't happen. But we can hope. Kinda like we hoped we wouldn't suck anymore when Golden got here.

I am thinking with Golden't payout UM will be looking for the most bang for the buck that will also have a local Miami tie in, which brings back to Mario Cristabol. Who would probably keep most of current staff minus the Temple crew.

go canes

Advertisement
I am thinking with Golden't payout UM will be looking for the most bang for the buck that will also have a local Miami tie in, which brings back to Mario Cristabol. Who would probably keep most of current staff minus the Temple crew.

go canes

Bringing in Mario Cristabol as a HC is not going to get UM any bang for their buck. He might be the one coaching candidate that is worse than Golden. Ask Alabama fans how they feel about the performance of their offensive line or look at his FIU track record and you will find out all you need to know about his coaching acumen.

Chud is out the door as soon as an NFL job opens up. alot of the butch bashers including those in the media are secretly pushing for cristobal. cristobal has shown me nothing so far. If not butch, i would go for Mark Stoops. end of story

Hoping and keeping delusion that the board of turnipbrains would bring back butch brings me more joy than watching al golden waste away nfl talent and accepting a season where the number of players sent to thr league was larger than the amount of games won with said talent

BBB, **** wefense and **** canesfam and **** being represented by some fatasses that were friends with a child rapist

Chud is out the door as soon as an NFL job opens up. alot of the butch bashers including those in the media are secretly pushing for cristobal. cristobal has shown me nothing so far. If not butch, i would go for Mark Stoops. end of story

Stoops is making more money at Kentucky, an has more autonomy to run his program how he wants cough cough $EC bag men at the ready.

Go Canes

Advertisement

go canes

I like Cristabol, but not quite sue if I would want him as a head coach. He's a good recruiter, and a really great Oline coach, but at FIU they started to sink pretty quickly. Now that program was new and really had nothing an he definitely took him there, but it really deflated quickly.

Also I'll be honest I'm not the biggest fan of getting an alum to be HC after Shannon. I love all the UM players but as a head man I think it's not a smart move. I still have no idea why but alumni HC never really do well. If anyone can think of an alumni HC that coaches his school to a national title? Urban Meyer was from Cincinnati so that's kind of close, Saban is from West Viginia, Same with Jimbo, we just need a great coach.

The guy I think it will be is Greg Schiano. He has a proved track record that is clean in the NCAA, coached under Butch at UM, built Rutgers up and put a bunch of players into the league. He's like getting Butch without the dirty laundry and Cristobal coached under him at Rutgers so you know he would come back to UM and work for him. Don't be surprised if Schiano is our new coach.

Butch Davis was one of my favorite coaches for UM. Jimmy Johnson will always hold the #1 spot for me personally, but Butch was a close second. There is no disputing how great a job he did at UM and his eye for talent is incredible.

However he will never be hired back, and people have to accept that.

Looking a all the things that happened at UM with Shapiro / NCAA and all that (we know our history) there is no way Butch will be brought in to coach after he was let go for all the things happening at UNC. Yes I know the NCAA is full of ****, and are a really corrupt organization, but bringing in Butch puts a target on our back even bigger than it already is, and honestly one we can't afford if the NCAA decides to come seek retribution for not nailing us for Shapiro.

There is no way the administration would do it. I'm definitely not a fan of Golden, but if you are wanting a replacement for him you have to be realistic in who we can get that the admin MIGHT actually hire. They aren't hiring a guy who was connected to academic/athletic scandal to a place that just got through a big scandal. No matter how good of a coach he was.

UM will always be a target. So, basing coaching hires on what looks good to the NCAA? Glad you're not part of the admin.

Pretty much agree with you on Butch but he would be the slam dunk to bring us back. Chud or Cristobal both failed head coaches would be a huge mistake. Miami had it right in going out of the family for Al and needs to do it again. If Miami starts the season badly and the administration doesn't have a plan for pulling the plug mid- season or at worse the day after the last game including a short list of vetted candidates, a max financial package, a contact strategy and an aggressive strategy to communicate to recruits and prospects more people then Golden need to be fired. I say this with a sincere hope that we are all wrong and Al works a miracle.

go canes

Bringing in Mario Cristabol as a HC is not going to get UM any bang for their buck. He might be the one coaching candidate that is worse than Golden. Ask Alabama fans how they feel about the performance of their offensive line or look at his FIU track record and you will find out all you need to know about his coaching acumen.

I looked online and they love what he is doing with Oline an many press outlets are surprised he hasn't been snapped up for a Head Coaching job.

Here is the link to article about it.
Five Reasons Miami Hurricanes Should Fire Al Golden and Hire Mario Cristobal | Miami New Times

Here is another article about how is molding his current Oline Replacements.
Can Mario Cristobal Again Mold A Dominant Offensive Line in 2015? - Roll 'Bama Roll

Last edited:
Advertisement

go canes

I like Cristabol, but not quite sue if I would want him as a head coach. He's a good recruiter, and a really great Oline coach, but at FIU they started to sink pretty quickly. Now that program was new and really had nothing an he definitely took him there, but it really deflated quickly.

Also I'll be honest I'm not the biggest fan of getting an alum to be HC after Shannon. I love all the UM players but as a head man I think it's not a smart move. I still have no idea why but alumni HC never really do well. If anyone can think of an alumni HC that coaches his school to a national title? Urban Meyer was from Cincinnati so that's kind of close, Saban is from West Viginia, Same with Jimbo, we just need a great coach.

The guy I think it will be is Greg Schiano. He has a proved track record that is clean in the NCAA, coached under Butch at UM, built Rutgers up and put a bunch of players into the league. He's like getting Butch without the dirty laundry and Cristobal coached under him at Rutgers so you know he would come back to UM and work for him. Don't be surprised if Schiano is our new coach.

Spurrier at UF

UM will always be a target. So, basing coaching hires on what looks good to the NCAA? Glad you're not part of the admin.

Putting the program in the crosshairs of the NCAA is not a good idea we already forfeited bowl games recently. Another round of that and scholarships lost and we are dead. Kids want to play for teams that can compete in the post season. But hey if you think bringing someone in tied to a program that just had a bowl ban imposed is a good idea be my guest, but don't cry for one second if it ends up leveling the program to even worse than where it is now.

Advertisement

go canes

I looked online and they love what he is doing with Oline an many press outlets are surprised he hasn't been snapped up for a Head Coaching job.

Here is the link to article about it.
Five Reasons Miami Hurricanes Should Fire Al Golden and Hire Mario Cristobal | Miami New Times

Here is another article about how is molding his current Oline Replacements.
Can Mario Cristobal Again Mold A Dominant Offensive Line in 2015? - Roll 'Bama Roll

So let me get this straight, according to the article, his biggest qualifications for being the HC at UM are:
1. He is Cheap
2. He played at UM and speaks spanish (like african american coaches and players care that he speaks spanish)
3. He coached for 2 years under Saban (Im sure he acquired vast amount of knowledge in those 2 years without ever calling a play)
4. He had a losing record at FIU and if a coach is to have a losing record he might as well be a former player
5. He will be able to recruit S Florida studs because he did it Bama (which by the way has been winning NC lately and has much more resources than UM)

Maybe its just me but that doesn't sound too impressive or convincing. Actually it sounds more like his agent paid this guy or the NT to write a favorable article touting the "greatness" that is Mario Cristobal

Also, go read some Bama message boards about their fans thoughts on the OL. Many fans often blame the 2 year skid of NC's on the regression of the OL.

Last edited:
If Golden is let go or leaves for another job, they'll probably just appoint some current coordinator like Coley HC. We all know these dingbats won't go after a good up and coming coach. They're content with starving this football program to death.

Last edited:
Stoops has access to more talent in florida and ACC is an easier conference to make it to a BCS game than SEC.
What is great about Mario? what golden did at temple is more impressive than his FIU stint.

Advertisement
Back