People need to let go of the idea of Butch

Not gonna be Stoops. UK pays too well, and the expectations are not that high. This is a profession for these guys, not a video game. Why leave a place where going 8-4 every year gets applauded, for a place where going 8-4 gets you fired???

Schiano would pursue the job. I'm guessing Miami would return the favor he gave us when we pursued him, though. Unless, nobody else wants the gig.

Hudspeth would be gone for the first SEC job that opened. And he is far from a "can't miss" candidate. Would come cheap, though.

Fuente is a likely candidate, if Memphis has another legit season. Coming to Miami would be a promotion, in every sense. It will be interesting to see how they do next season, now that there are expectations.

And like it or not ... If he wants the job, I think Lane Kiffin would get serious looks. If he can sell the issues at USC were due to a lack of depth from NCAA sanctions, but also take some blame and explain how he has improved from coaching at Alabama, there are likely decision makers who would buy it, IMO. And, let's face it ... The guy can coach QBs. I suspect Kaaya wouldn't mind playing for Kiffin.

It's all speculation. May not be any of those guys. But it's still fun to think of anyone replacing Golden.

Advertisement
schiano would be better than Mario.

anyway, Butch is meant to be. Unfinished business. Dont let these reporters and radio personalities who are secretly in the tank for mario let you think butch isn't the guy. Butch is not looking at any jobs until he sees what we do this year. FACT

Chud is out the door as soon as an NFL job opens up. alot of the butch bashers including those in the media are secretly pushing for cristobal. cristobal has shown me nothing so far. If not butch, i would go for Mark Stoops. end of story

Stoops is making more money at Kentucky, an has more autonomy to run his program how he wants cough cough $EC bag men at the ready.

Go Canes
The last list I saw, he was making 2.5. Did he get a raise?

I am thinking with Golden't payout UM will be looking for the most bang for the buck that will also have a local Miami tie in, which brings back to Mario Cristabol. Who would probably keep most of current staff minus the Temple crew.

go canes

I like Cristabol, but not quite sue if I would want him as a head coach. He's a good recruiter, and a really great Oline coach, but at FIU they started to sink pretty quickly. Now that program was new and really had nothing an he definitely took him there, but it really deflated quickly.

Also I'll be honest I'm not the biggest fan of getting an alum to be HC after Shannon. I love all the UM players but as a head man I think it's not a smart move. I still have no idea why but alumni HC never really do well. If anyone can think of an alumni HC that coaches his school to a national title? Urban Meyer was from Cincinnati so that's kind of close, Saban is from West Viginia, Same with Jimbo, we just need a great coach.

The guy I think it will be is Greg Schiano. He has a proved track record that is clean in the NCAA, coached under Butch at UM, built Rutgers up and put a bunch of players into the league. He's like getting Butch without the dirty laundry and Cristobal coached under him at Rutgers so you know he would come back to UM and work for him. Don't be surprised if Schiano is our new coach.

Spurrier at UF
Paterno at Penn St.

It's almost creepy how much some of our fans crave Butch. I have never believed he'd be back, nor do I care he won't be, as it doesn't matter if he was implicated in the UNC fiasco. Perception is often reality and the casual football fan will not do their due diligence in finding out if he's innocent of any wrong doing, they'll just know he was there at that time. It's akin to us having very few off the field arrests during this last downturn in football, but people still labeling us thugs. I'd have people at bars up here asking me how I could stand rooting for a team of thugs, then tell them to research their team and mine, and when that was done they'd be surprised at the results.

Advertisement
Lol at Cristobal. If he's the next head coach (and make no mistake he most likely will be) then just fold the program now and get it over with. He's as bad as golden and possibly worse.

Chances of butch getting rehired are slim to none.

I don't want chud or schiano.

Get me Mark Hudspeth, Mark Stoops, Jeremey Pruitt or Eddie Gran and not necessarily in that order. I would take stoops above the others

Last edited:
Chud is out the door as soon as an NFL job opens up. alot of the butch bashers including those in the media are secretly pushing for cristobal. cristobal has shown me nothing so far. If not butch, i would go for Mark Stoops. end of story

Stoops is making more money at Kentucky, an has more autonomy to run his program how he wants cough cough $EC bag men at the ready.

Go Canes
The last list I saw, he was making 2.5. Did he get a raise?

Mark Stoops' extension worth more than $3M a year

Effective Nov. 1, Stoops will earn a pro-rated sum of $3 million for this season, and that figure will increase by $250,000 each season through 2019. He will earn $3.25 million in 2015, $3.5 million in 2016, $3.75 million in 2017, $4 million in 2018 and $4.25 million in 2019.

Also, as part of his incentives package over and above his salary, Stoops stands to make an additional $250,000 for each win beginning with the seventh win each season.

He got a raise and extension last year.

Notice, he also gets a bonus for winning more than 6 games in a season ...

I doubt he would leave UK for Miami ...

Why schiano? What did he actually accomplish at Rutgers? He is Also Golden at temple with Miami ties.... Plz stop. And that's without being biased about his job here in Tampa... Cut the crap ties or no ties he is Golden pt 2

Except that Schiano welcomes aggression. Golden could be a good coach if he stops being a nice guy. Schiano is not an NFL coach but he did have some success (terms of players having success). David became an All pro, by unleashing him. Schiano kept blitzing the **** out of qb because Tampa didn't have any pass rushers. He isn't my 1st Choice but I will say Schiano isn't afraid to go after a qb. I'll welcome a coach with testosterone

Advertisement
Yall better stop bitc*ing about my Coach meng.. Ok ok.. My senses are back..

F*CK Alfredo!

Order more pizzas to his crib.. Just make sure its not meat lovers.. Otherwise, homeboy might not call the cops again. Vegetarian pizzas only..

Gonna be the proverbial 5/6/7 Head Coaches in the NFL that should be canned just about the time we're saying GOODBYE to Al and Don'tno.

I think competing with multiple NFL openings would be even worse for us. That would just delay our ability to get a decent OC/DC to take the job.

So, I'm hoping that's not the case ...

Assuming this team makes a coaching change next year, the new coach will need to be in place before January 1, IMO ...

They'll need some time to salvage the recruiting class that will be in shambles if we have the kind of season that requires a coaching change.

Gonna be the proverbial 5/6/7 Head Coaches in the NFL that should be canned just about the time we're saying GOODBYE to Al and Don'tno.

There are a lot of people on this site for whom I feel sorry and for whom I will say a prayer. Al is our football coach and he is doing an excellent job leading these young men.

You guys and your ilk have reduced a good man to a rant like this from his last press conference:

"F*ck those f*ckin' fans who come out here and say they're Canes' fans that are supposed to be behind you, rippin' every f*ckin' thing you do. I'll tell you one f*ckin' thing, I hope we get f*ckin' hotter than sh*t, just to stuff it up them 3,000 f*ckin' people that show up every f*ckin' day, because if they're the real Miami f*ckin' fans, they can kiss my f*ckin' *** right downtown and PRINT IT.

They're really, really behind you around here...my f*ckin' ***. What the f*ck am I supposed to do, go out there and let my f*ckin' players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the f*ckin' nickel-dime people who turn up? The motherf*ckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the f*ckin' game. They oughta go out and get a f*ckin' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a f*ckin' living. Eighty-five percent of the f*ckin' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A f*ckin' playground for the ******ckers. Rip them motherf*ckers. Rip them f*ckin' ******ckers like the f*ckin' players. We got guys bustin' their f*ckin' ***, and them f*ckin' people boo. And that's the Canes? My f*ckin' ***. They talk about the great f*ckin' support the players get around here. I haven't see it this f*ckin' year. Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole f*ckin' life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.

Alright, they don't show because we're 6 and 7...and unfortunately, that's the criteria of them dumb fifteen motherf*ckin' fifteen percent that come out to Canes football. The other eighty-five percent are earning a living. I tell you, it'll take more than a 5 and 12 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There's some f*ckin' Canes out there that wanna win. But you're stuck in a f*ckin' stigma of the f*ckin' Florida State and the Alabama and the Ohio State an all that cheap sh*t. It's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening f*ckin' situation that we're in right now. Anybody who was associated with the Canes organization four or five years ago that came back and sees the multitude of progress that's been made will understand that if they're baseball people, that 6 and 7 doesn't negate all that work. We got 13 f*ckin' games left.

What I'm tryin' to say is don't rip them f*ckin' guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my f*ckin' ***. But don't rip them f*ckin' guys 'cause they're givin' everything they can give. And right now they're tryin' to do more than God gave 'em, and that's why we make the simple mistakes. That's exactly why."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Butch will return home to Miami riding a donkey and having rose petals thrown on the ground in front of him.

Deal with it btiches!

Advertisement
Watch your blasphemy against the greatest assembler and developer of talent alive. It's not his fault Donna screwed him on his contract.

Advertisement
Back