People need to let go of the idea of Butch

Advertisement
Hogwash! Butch's players win everything!

Yep, his players won participation ribbons at UNC

Not Butch's deal. UNC had set that up years before Butch ever got there.

It's been investigated six ways to Tuesday, and Butch was clean.

Try again.

Archer, we know that Pete Garcia was Butch Davis brain when it came to recruiting. We saw the teams he had at UNC and they were 3rd in the ACC at best. What are his players doing in the NFL?

As far as coaching, the guy is the definition of mediocre. Guy had a roster full of first rounders and they could not get to the national title in 2000. You people need to stop with trying to make it sound like rainbows and puppydogs when Butch was here.

If butch was a great coach, why is he sitting in an ESPN office? He might be exonerated but he will always have the UNC stinch.

Until this past winter, Butch was getting his coaching pay.

Someone has to be a dumbass to not know UNC was paying Butch, and he was ****ed enough to let them pay it all.

Another lie of yours is that Garcia was the brain of Butch''s recruiting.

Do yourself a favor. Quit repeating things you learned by rote.

I'd like to say you have a valid point. But then I'd be lying my *** off.

Coaches can take a job and still get their buyout by their former schools, Kiffin works at bama for free because USC pays his salary. hundreds of examples like that. So the buyout argument is inaccurate.

There has to be another reason nobody is interested. Or maybe he just waiting for the right opportunity, but At his age that seems implausible.

People can say he wasn't implicated in the UNC cheating scandal, but that's like FSU fans saying "Jamieis Winston was obviously innocent because he was never charged with rape." I'm sure everyone here agrees Winston was innocent right? the fact is accusations are almost as bad as convictions in today's world.

Whether Davis knew or not, schools are gonna assume he knew something, the "I see nothing" defense might work for an Octogenarian like Bowden during FSUs cheating scandal, but it makes Davis look incompetent or dishonest. Can people imagine Bama or FSU running a cheating without Saban or Fisher knowing about it?

Davis is 63, college football is a 70-100 hour a week job for a national championship caliber program, and other than Saban it's a younger coaches game, and unlike Alabama, UM can't hire the support staff that Bama has to make Sabans job easier.

Last edited:
Garcia the brains for Butch? Hahaha. That's funny. You should talk to Coach Sol. Pretty credible guy. Straight shooter. Nothing but good things to say about Butch and his ability to source and mold talent.

Please stop with the nonsense.

Go Canes!

Chud is out the door as soon as an NFL job opens up. alot of the butch bashers including those in the media are secretly pushing for cristobal. cristobal has shown me nothing so far. If not butch, i would go for Mark Stoops. end of story

You know what? If Chud got the job..And if he did bolt to the NFL say after 2 years, that might be a good thing for the U. Miami used to be a stepping stone to the NFL. Everyone knew it. We dealt with it pretty well. I have no problem hiring a coach who will go to the NFL if we can replace him with another coach who will go to the NFL after winning a title.

Advertisement
Hogwash! Butch's players win everything!

Try again.

Archer, we know that Pete Garcia was Butch Davis brain when it came to recruiting. We saw the teams he had at UNC and they were 3rd in the ACC at best. What are his players doing in the NFL?

As far as coaching, the guy is the definition of mediocre. Guy had a roster full of first rounders and they could not get to the national title in 2000. You people need to stop with trying to make it sound like rainbows and puppydogs when Butch was here.

If butch was a great coach, why is he sitting in an ESPN office? He might be exonerated but he will always have the UNC stinch.

Someone has to be a dumbass to not know UNC was paying Butch, and he was ****ed enough to let them pay it all.

Pete Garcia is always at the right hand of Butch Davis | cleveland.com

So Garcia had to get creative. He got players to walk on, crawl on - whatever it took. He got receiver Santana Moss on a track scholarship and Joaquin Gonzalez - now a Browns rookie - on an academic scholarship. He plucked Andre King out of minor-league baseball and got the Braves to pay his tuition.

"Pete prepared us for all of the eventualities that might come our way, and then navigated us through all of those difficulties and got us back on track in record time," said Miami Athletic Director Paul Dee, who has been with the school for 22 years.

Try again.

So Garcia had to get creative. He got players to walk on, crawl on - whatever it took. He got receiver Santana Moss on a track scholarship and Joaquin Gonzalez - now a Browns rookie - on an academic scholarship. He plucked Andre King out of minor-league baseball and got the Braves to pay his tuition.

"Pete prepared us for all of the eventualities that might come our way, and then navigated us through all of those difficulties and got us back on track in record time," said Miami Athletic Director Paul Dee, who has been with the school for 22 years.

Pete Garcia wasn't the talent scout. He was the guy that could figure out how to get all these players on board while under sanctions, tough qualifiers etc.

Butch is the Base God of college football recruiting. To suggest otherwise is foolhardy and mentally anemic.

will not read but we wont win without this guy thats a fact for me. With these bogus bumbs runnin da ship we need a super hire.

Advertisement

Try again.

Pete Garcia wasn't the talent scout. He was the guy that could figure out how to get all these players on board while under sanctions, tough qualifiers etc.

Butch is the Base God of college football recruiting. To suggest otherwise is foolhardy and mentally anemic.
Garcia was the recruiting coordinator at Miami.

Btw, how are his players he recruited at UNC doing in the pros?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Btw, how are his players he recruited at UM doing in the pros?

Try again.

AMEN

Go Canes!

Btw, how are his players he recruited at UM doing in the pros?

Almost all retired. He struck gold once at Miami. But he was 3rs in the coastal at best, even with the players that were drafted. Sounds like somebody else that is currently coaching in Miami.

Advertisement

Try again.

Coaches can take a job and still get their buyout by their former schools, Kiffin works at bama for free because USC pays his salary. hundreds of examples like that. So the buyout argument is inaccurate.

There has to be another reason nobody is interested. Or maybe he just waiting for the right opportunity, but At his age that seems implausible.

People can say he wasn't implicated in the UNC cheating scandal, but that's like FSU fans saying "Jamieis Winston was obviously innocent because he was never charged with rape." I'm sure everyone here agrees Winston was innocent right? the fact is accusations are almost as bad as convictions in today's world.

Whether Davis knew or not, schools are gonna assume he knew something, the "I see nothing" defense might work for an Octogenarian like Bowden during FSUs cheating scandal, but it makes Davis look incompetent or dishonest. Can people imagine Bama or FSU running a cheating without Saban or Fisher knowing about it?

Davis is 63, college football is a 70-100 hour a week job for a national championship caliber program, and other than Saban it's a younger coaches game, and unlike Alabama, UM can't hire the support staff that Bama has to make Sabans job easier.

Next time you get a thought - don't.

Why, exactly, is Saban's age - coincidentally the exact same age as Butch - not a problem for him, but suddenly, it's a problerm for Butch.

We'd kill for Saban. We better be willing to kill for Butch.

I know. You guys love this half-assed coaching merry-go-round.

I don't.

Advertisement
Back