Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Expect to see the CBs for Kirkland come in soon. Maybe this week or early next week. :sideeyes:
Would we even have a spot? Not saying this as sour grapes but as of now our OL class is:

Mauigoa
Tinalau
Tripp
Samson🔮
Olaus🔮

Samson and Olaus are our highest remaining priority targets. Assuming those 2 are in that's 5 spots.

Gabby said Kinsler has the green light to committ the 28th. That's 6 on the OL. Is Pkay and Freeling squeezed out? or are we making room for one more?
DF59BE7C-1B05-4208-A188-9831E6AB183C.jpeg

Advertisement
Why not? Miami is the only team that is a finalist for both
Agree. The package deal ABSOLUTELY is what we want here because it works in our favor. Bryant and Kirkland have only one school in common on their final lists..MIAMI. Kirkland has eliminated UF and he isnt a take for Bama. If rumors of a package deal start surfacing in the next 9 days..that is the best case scenario for us.

Agree. The package deal ABSOLUTELY is what we want here because it works in our favor. Bryant and Kirkland have only one school in common on their final lists..MIAMI. Kirkland has eliminated UF and he isnt a take for Bama. If rumors of a package deal start surfacing in the next 9 days..that is the best case scenario for us.
Nice! Didn’t realize that. I guess the worry was Steve saying to cross PK off…

Writers, gurus, insiders can talk all they want about the OL numbers..but if Mario and Mirabel turn down any of the following below because they are afraid of the numbers, then they are crazy:

Olaus
Samson
Kirkland
Freeling
Kinsler

I would absolutely take all 8 OL in this case and shave off numbers from another position group if need be. You cant find 8 premier level OL in a class that all want to be in the class that often, if ever. And we will have attrition after this season. That OL room wont look the same this time next year.

Advertisement
Writers, gurus, insiders can talk all they want about the OL numbers..but if Mario and Mirabel turn down any of the following below because they are afraid of the numbers, then they are crazy:

Olaus
Samson
Kirkland
Freeling
Kinsler

I would absolutely take all 8 OL in this case and shave off numbers from another position group if need be. You cant find 8 premier level OL in a class that all want to be in the class that often, if ever. And we will have attrition after this season. That OL room wont look the same this time next year.
Remember that LB/ DB and DT are still major areas of need that we need to fill in this class.

Would we even have a spot? Not saying this as sour grapes but as of now our OL class is:

Mauigoa
Tinalau
Tripp
Samson🔮
Olaus🔮

Samson and Olaus are our highest remaining priority targets. Assuming those 2 are in that's 5 spots.

Gabby said Kinsler has the green light to committ the 28th. That's 6 on the OL. Is Pkay and Freeling squeezed out? or are we making room for one more?View attachment 198241
Seems to me Kinsler has his spot and Freeling is probably outside looking in if Alinen/Okunlola commit as a tackle. **** of a place to be in.

Then there is Kirkland. Since he can play inside, does he have a spot in what would be a 7 man OL class?

Advertisement
Seems to me Kinsler has his spot and Freeling is probably outside looking in if Alinen/Okunlola commit as a tackle. **** of a place to be in.

Then there is Kirkland. Since he can play inside, does he have a spot in what would be a 7 man OL class?
I remember a certain poster didn’t believe me when I said Kinsler had the green light but Freeling didn’t.

Last edited:
Yeah not understanding the narrative being pushed around that elite o lineman won’t be allowed in. I see so much attrition coming next season that we could take 8 olineman. With Mario and mirabel I’m all in on stacking the o line year after year.

Advertisement
Agreed. Them announcing together even though they are at different schools suggests it might be a package deal. But more confirmation would definitely be good for us

Yeah not understanding the narrative being pushed around that elite o lineman won’t be allowed in. I see so much attrition coming next season that we could take 8 olineman. With Mario and mirabel I’m all in on stacking the o line year after year.

Yep. Not sure about 8 but the position needs to be overhauled. We’ll lose 6-8 guys to graduation/draft/portal and the guys behind those guys aren’t very good.

Yep. Not sure about 8 but the position needs to be overhauled. We’ll lose 6-8 guys to graduation/draft/portal and the guys behind those guys aren’t very good.
Would also like to add that I think most lineman stay for 4-5 years. So stacking up when we can allows some of these guys time to develop and gain strength.

From the current roster, I see only 5 that will definitely be here in 23. Sagapolu, Denis, Cooper, McCoy, Rivers. And Cooper could end up on defense.

Campbell has another year of eligibility and possibly McLaughlin. It’s possible the rest of the current room is either out of eligibility or on another team. 6-7 can definitely be justified in this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back