Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he said he was close to 355lbs but he is already getting that trimmed down and had a goal weight of 315ish he is aiming to hit.

Yeah, I think the more important issue will be weight maintenance. If he bumps up 40 or more pounds in the off-season, it is challenging once he gets back on-field to lose it again, so I think a (mayo-free) diet regimen and year-round workout regimen will help.

Advertisement
Anytime a family clowns UF, they’re welcome in my book. We all like Kirkland as a prospect and he seems like a good dude at heart. He definitely trolled schools and fans at time during his recruitment but maybe has changed his approach as his committment approaches. Nothing wrong with that. Hope the kid is a cane!
Spot on Ziggy! He actually mentioned it on his own without being asked about the trolling. He will be cutting that back a lot and understands why some fanbases may have took it a certain way.

Advertisement
Had a chance to talk to Payton yesterday along with his mom. Payton has let every school but Miami and Michigan St that he will not be attending their school. His commitment will be July 23rd in Orlando, FL. A few nuggets along with a bunch of laughs talking about his UF visit. His mother told me that the mac & cheese was not only made with mayonnaise but apparently the food on the visit got multiple people sick during their trip. Payton also told me Coach Cristobal has reached out to him recent as early as 4:30am to let him know he is wanted. Payton understands the targets we are going after and is ready to compete. He talks to Francis Mauigoa a lot about playing next to each other and also mentioned a player he would love to play with is Samson Okunola from Boston, Massachusetts. Payton started out playing basketball but his mother noticed he needed a little extra fire in him that needed to be unleashed. He transitioned to the game of football after injuring his ankle in basketball and hasn't looked back since. He models his game after Trent Williams and also is his mentor. Payton let me know that he is currently 6'6 benching over 440lbs and hasn't hit his growth spurt yet. His father is 6'10 keep that in mind. Overall Payton and his mom expressed that the family atmosphere, love from the coaching staff and overall development are huge reasons why they love Miami. They have been honest, relentless and constantly making them feel important. After talking to him I can honestly say the way this young man is perceived on social media is completely different than how he carries himself off the field. The Dr.Phillips Orlando native who is close with ex teammate John Campbell hinted that Miami will also be offering a few of his teammates soon as well. With a July 23rd commitment and a recent push back date for OL target Tommy Kinsler, I expect Miami to be the team to be as of right now but as we know recruitment changes daily.

1657547046019.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Props to the Kirkland family for calling out the gaytor which always a thrill, and notifying the other schools that they’re out…the young man has a business attitude which is appreciated. Best of luck either way.

But hope he’s a Cane!

**** of it is they were giving out trophies for eating that slop…..🤮

Advertisement
Even if they choose MSU, they are okay in my book for openly $hittin' on UF on the way out. Love it. lol.

And him saying that him and Marigua talk often kills that narrative that he was throwing shade at him with the "I can be your LT" comment on social media. This will come down to the wire, but I like our chances. Esp with him talking about us potentially getting Samson. Sounds like he is tapped into who we are trying to get to join him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back