Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Question to consider:
If this kid hasn’t hit his growth spurt and he is 6’6” with a dad that is 6’10”, is it feasible to have him at the gaurd position if he is looking like a final of 6’10”? Does anyone know of a gaurd that size that has been successful in an offense that can pass the ball? Seems like no matter how tall the QB, he is going to be like Flutie or Brees behind him on the line. Almost makes him more of a OT. Thoughts?
Yeah he probably going to RT. Maybe he doesn't get to 6'10 though. Maybe 6'7 and he would be fine at guard. His body need to change though, body fat and muscle exchanged. Im dreaming of watching us just move man out the way and watch our RBs run free.

Mayo in the mac and cheese is an embarrassment to the human race
OH **** NO!!!! YUCK!!!

macNcheese.jpg

macNcheese-2.jpg

I think the “hasn’t hit my growth spurt thing” is wishful thinking. I mean, how would anyone know that unless they studied your DNA.

I can't even fathom putting Mayonnaise in Mac & Cheese....but we are talking about those disgustingñ imbeciles in Canesville, so it really comes as no surprise.
Knowing them I'm actually shocked that Ranch Dressing wasn't their secret ingredient!

Advertisement
I love hearing these stories bc even if we miss you know we’d be option #1 come portal time lol If he’s as close to his mom & family as it seems then you’d have to imagine they’d like to see his games.

We’re hearing it over and over about how relentless Mario and his staff are about recruiting and connecting with the kids AND their families on a personal basis. Obviously paying big dividends early and often.
A lot of people still don't get it. They're still in a Golden/Manny era mindset when it comes to recruiting. I get it, it'll take time, but most people really don't understand how relentless this guy is and forget he's just getting started. Doesn't even have the entire infrastructure in place yet.

And people also fail to understand that Oregon isn't necessarily the easiest place to recruit. They started coming up in the late 90s with a lot of kids the bigger West coast programs passed on, and even in the early 2000s when they started getting really good, a lot of that was with juco and "second chance" type kids with grade and off field issues. Honestly not a lot of that changed up until the Mario era.

Eugene kind of sucks. There's not much at all besides the campus. It's rainy, it's gray, it's cold, and if you're a city kid who isn't into like hiking and trecking through foggy forests and all that stuff there's not a lot there for you. In the winter it's pitch dark by like 4:00 p.m. It's also isolated. Yeah you could shlep over to Portland in about 2 hours but a lot of that is more of the same. I love the PNW but I'm a middle-aged white guy. Mario was on the verge of like a top three class, and now he's in Miami. A bit of a different sell to big time recruits, and y'all don't understand just how crazy relentless Mario is on trail. If we don't get a guy, it wasn't for lack of trying or not knowing how to recruit him, like the old days.

As for mayo and mac and cheese, I'm pretty sure that is a pasty white person Midwest kind of thing. I think my buddy from rural Michigan does that, because his mom used to. Pretty unfathomable it would wind up in food for recruit in florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back