Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah he probably going to RT. Maybe he doesn't get to 6'10 though. Maybe 6'7 and he would be fine at guard. His body need to change though, body fat and muscle exchanged. Im dreaming of watching us just move man out the way and watch our RBs run free.
Agree. Perhaps he can be what Navaugn Donaldson started out doing before he hurt his knee and couldn’t keep game shape up. Truth be told, we have the best in the business with Feld and he should be able to get this kid straight with best to get him ready to move to whatever position suits him best.

Yeah he said he was close to 355lbs but he is already getting that trimmed down and had a goal weight of 315ish he is aiming to hit.

Who would you you take if you had to choose between Kirkland and Kinsler???

A Kirkland at a svelt 315 changes things considerably. @Cribby , if Kirkland really can get his weight under control, does that change his ranking on the board with Kinsler? Could that be why Kinsler's date keeps getting pushed out?

Advertisement
Mayo and macaroni is macaroni salad. I like macaroni salad, but it's got to be done right. It's not supposed to look like albino diarrhea.
Which I, and I'm certain Ms. Kirkland have had. She would know the difference.

Sounds like this wasn't that.

A Kirkland at a svelt 315 changes things considerably. @Cribby , if Kirkland really can get his weight under control, does that change his ranking on the board with Kinsler? Could that be why Kinsler's date keeps getting pushed out?

The primary reason Kirkland slipped below Kinsler on the board was weight, so I'll guess that weight loss helps here.

Advertisement
ZomboMeme 11072022112610.jpg

Both Hellman's and Kraft may bring litigation for this defamatory and incendiary graphic.

Besides that, the "3 stars" of the graphic should each be "off brands".

😉

Last edited:
A thin layer of mayo on your bread before cooking actually makes for a pretty epic grilled cheese. Otherwise, mayo is a crap tier condiment

If anyone here likes zaxbys bread or anything similar than you do realize you are eating Mayo, correct?

It’s not butter on their toast it’s Mayo that gives it that flavor just like the poster says above.

Advertisement
Question to consider:
If this kid hasn’t hit his growth spurt and he is 6’6” with a dad that is 6’10”, is it feasible to have him at the gaurd position if he is looking like a final of 6’10”? Does anyone know of a gaurd that size that has been successful in an offense that can pass the ball? Seems like no matter how tall the QB, he is going to be like Flutie or Brees behind him on the line. Almost makes him more of a OT. Thoughts?
He would then have to be moved to tackle

Advertisement
I don’t believe that we are holding Kinsler off. I’ve heard we want him and had expected him to commit already so my belief is that this is Kinsler fielding offers and looking at NIL opportunities. JMO
Gotcha

A lot of people still don't get it. They're still in a Golden/Manny era mindset when it comes to recruiting. I get it, it'll take time, but most people really don't understand how relentless this guy is and forget he's just getting started. Doesn't even have the entire infrastructure in place yet.

And people also fail to understand that Oregon isn't necessarily the easiest place to recruit. They started coming up in the late 90s with a lot of kids the bigger West coast programs passed on, and even in the early 2000s when they started getting really good, a lot of that was with juco and "second chance" type kids with grade and off field issues. Honestly not a lot of that changed up until the Mario era.

Eugene kind of sucks. There's not much at all besides the campus. It's rainy, it's gray, it's cold, and if you're a city kid who isn't into like hiking and trecking through foggy forests and all that stuff there's not a lot there for you. In the winter it's pitch dark by like 4:00 p.m. It's also isolated. Yeah you could shlep over to Portland in about 2 hours but a lot of that is more of the same. I love the PNW but I'm a middle-aged white guy. Mario was on the verge of like a top three class, and now he's in Miami. A bit of a different sell to big time recruits, and y'all don't understand just how crazy relentless Mario is on trail. If we don't get a guy, it wasn't for lack of trying or not knowing how to recruit him, like the old days.

As for mayo and mac and cheese, I'm pretty sure that is a pasty white person Midwest kind of thing. I think my buddy from rural Michigan does that, because his mom used to. Pretty unfathomable it would wind up in food for recruit in florida.
No doubt it’ll take us all a little time to get used to this new norm of Mario recruiting. It’s kinda surreal to me but enjoying every minute of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back