Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I have never even heard of mayo in Mac before. What region is this practice from?

Advertisement
Mac and cheese made with Mayo? Shut down their program NCAA
b509de92-112a-4cc9-a556-023aca98995a_351202492894931.gif

A lot of people still don't get it. They're still in a Golden/Manny era mindset when it comes to recruiting. I get it, it'll take time, but most people really don't understand how relentless this guy is and forget he's just getting started. Doesn't even have the entire infrastructure in place yet.

And people also fail to understand that Oregon isn't necessarily the easiest place to recruit. They started coming up in the late 90s with a lot of kids the bigger West coast programs passed on, and even in the early 2000s when they started getting really good, a lot of that was with juco and "second chance" type kids with grade and off field issues. Honestly not a lot of that changed up until the Mario era.

Eugene kind of sucks. There's not much at all besides the campus. It's rainy, it's gray, it's cold, and if you're a city kid who isn't into like hiking and trecking through foggy forests and all that stuff there's not a lot there for you. In the winter it's pitch dark by like 4:00 p.m. It's also isolated. Yeah you could shlep over to Portland in about 2 hours but a lot of that is more of the same. I love the PNW but I'm a middle-aged white guy. Mario was on the verge of like a top three class, and now he's in Miami. A bit of a different sell to big time recruits, and y'all don't understand just how crazy relentless Mario is on trail. If we don't get a guy, it wasn't for lack of trying or not knowing how to recruit him, like the old days.

As for mayo and mac and cheese, I'm pretty sure that is a pasty white person Midwest kind of thing. I think my buddy from rural Michigan does that, because his mom used to. Pretty unfathomable it would wind up in food for recruit in florida.
I agree 100% with every thing yu said except for the midwest thing im in chicago. Let rural michigan fly solo on that ok!

I think the “hasn’t hit my growth spurt thing” is wishful thinking. I mean, how would anyone know that unless they studied your DNA.
Skeletal exam… my son was supposed have a minor procedure (bone related) but the doctor didn’t want to touch him after looking at his X-ray because he hadn’t hit his growth spurt yet and wanted that to occur before going in.

Advertisement
WOW!! Was not expecting this. I had kind of written him off and was going to be ok taking Kinsler, as you cant teach that size, but ****, if we can get Kirkland :oops:

I guess the lesson learned is NEVER count anyone out when its Mario recruiting them
It’d be a bit fked up if we did not take kinsler after we made him decommit from the gates

A thin layer of mayo on your bread before cooking actually makes for a pretty epic grilled cheese. Otherwise, mayo is a crap tier condiment
Ok, I might just get my head chewed off here, but I like a thick layer of Mayo on my after Thanksgiving turkey Sam-iches.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back