Payton Kirkland commits to Texass

Status
Not open for further replies.
The University of Fluxida...

1657547545208.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
@bradtejeda Thanks… what you said regarding him playing basketball and his mom changing course echoes what his trainer said to me about him referencing his athleticism.

Not sure if you spoke to him face to face or not but did he comment on his current weight? I saw him about 2 months ago in pets and I didn’t see this severely overweight version some have described him as. Just off the eyeball test he looked about 315-320ish to me…?

Thanks for the update
He’s in the 350s. The visits did a number on the kid. The month of June period. He’s working his way down back to 330s by the start of the season and hope to be in the 315-320 range by graduation. Which is very doable.

Advertisement
He’s in the 350s. The visits did a number on the kid. The month of June period. He’s working his way down back to 330s by the start of the season and hope to be in the 315-320 range by graduation. Which is very doable.
We looking good here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll defer to Mirabal on this… he said Sewell came to Oregon over 380lbs and they got him right. For that reason alone I won’t be concerned.

Question to consider:
If this kid hasn’t hit his growth spurt and he is 6’6” with a dad that is 6’10”, is it feasible to have him at the gaurd position if he is looking like a final of 6’10”? Does anyone know of a gaurd that size that has been successful in an offense that can pass the ball? Seems like no matter how tall the QB, he is going to be like Flutie or Brees behind him on the line. Almost makes him more of a OT. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back