Patterson gets dropped

He's Electric , undersized but makes up for it, loves to hit , very physical.. very competitive and like I said he makes plays and is lock down , has great instincts and is a dog and thats something you cant teach.

I dont think he committed to al golden , he committed to Miami and thats not a reason why i think we should keep him. Should of kept him because he would be making plays vs FSU ETC... He would of thrived with this new coaching staff.

It doesn't really hurt us because of the talent we have and will get but we could have definitely utilized him.

But he is the type of player we need. He is a football player , playmaker . str8 DOG like how the canes use to be.

Are you his dad?

He's not a south Florida guy but he's an absolute stud. Great athlete.I hate to see him get dropped but i get it. He'll ball out wherever he ends up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
not his dad , Just want the canes to be great again and beat fsu , we havent had the dogs to do so the past 7 years. ELite or not we've had players that dont care about winning , we have players the smile after loosing to fsu . sick of that ....

Advertisement
was committed day 1 , a true cane and a playmaker , this is sad if its true

He's trash! Stop it!

[URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=CANEGANG]#CANEGANG [/URL]

I wouldn't go that far, but not good enough for what we're building.

Fair enough

#CANEGANG

He'll end up at USF, UCF, etc. Which is great for him. Go there and ball, kid.

[TWEET]849968006692261892[/TWEET]

No surprise

This is good. I've bee advocating for a while now that Miami needed to get its blue-chip ratio up and Mark Richt is doing just that! I love what he's doing with this class and pray that the next 10-11 guys he gets to commit to this class are equally as talented as the guys we already have locked up (granted they all need to sign at the end of the day).

Loyalty is great but it has to come with the requisite talent needed to win the Coastal, the ACC and the National Championship. In this case, CMR determined that JP didn't meet that criteria and I'm fine with his conclusion.

Let's continue to get behind this team because 2016 was just a taste of how things are gonna be around these parts!

Richt has the Canes on the Rise!

yeah all he does is grind , he doesn't go on social media and post for publicity like other recruits ...

i'm not saying we can't question staff evaluations. but when it's recruiting websites, posters, AND the staff all saying the kid isn't cut out to be apart of the depth chart against only you, then at that point I would maybe reconsider your evaluations on him

no, Rumph himself said he was evaluating Jalen Patterson and is definitely watching him

For those saying he is not elite go ask elite wr's Xavier Williams where Jalen had 2 INTS including pick 6 vs him and also locked down DJ MATTHEWS go ahead and ask them and see if they say hes not elite.

Advertisement
For those saying he is not elite go ask elite wr's Xavier Williams where Jalen had 2 INTS including pick 6 vs him and also locked down DJ MATTHEWS go ahead and ask them and see if they say hes not elite.

If the staff dropped him that means they got better talent coming

#CANEGANG

patterson is better the nick roberts , not to mention patterson can play CB , RB , SLOT AND special teams ...

We have an elite RB class coming in, an elite CB class coming in, and an elite slot class. Once again, there is no need for him. That sucks for him, but if you want to beat FSU, you should be happy. We are bringing in so much talent in these areas that we actually have no use for a pretty good player like Patterson.

we should have kept him as an insurance policy imo

patterson is better the nick roberts , not to mention patterson can play CB , RB , SLOT AND special teams ...

We have an elite RB class coming in, an elite CB class coming in, and an elite slot class. Once again, there is no need for him. That sucks for him, but if you want to beat FSU, you should be happy. We are bringing in so much talent in these areas that we actually have no use for a pretty good player like Patterson.

In a world where scholarships are unlimited, insurance policies would be great.

Still dont know where IVANS got his info . Spoken with coaches at JR day aka Rumph and he did not say he was dropping patterson

Advertisement
Still dont know where IVANS got his info . Spoken with coaches at JR day aka Rumph and he did not say he was dropping patterson

I do think this kid will be a very good college corner. But numbers come into play when you believe your getting blades and campbell like the staff believes they will. It sucks but its recruiting i love the kids game personally

Advertisement

Counting your chickens before the eggs hatch is also how you're left face down A** up and F*** I thought we learned our lesson with Mcfarland

Today is not Junior Day, since then Gurvan Hall has committed and we're trending up for guys like Johnson and Campbell. Rumph will only speak positive of Patterson because he is longtime friends with his HS coach. You should familiarize yourself with the recruiting game if you're going to participate here.

Counting your chickens before the eggs hatch is also how you're left face down A** up and F*** I thought we learned our lesson with Mcfarland

Then fire the coaches. Our coaching staff has determined that Patterson is not the kind of player that gets us to an elite level. Which is where we want to be at. You don't keep inferior players as "insurance" just in case you prove incapable of keeping the commits you have and can't get any that meet your standard. At that point we don't take Patterson as an insurance policy, we start firing coaches and bring in ones that WILL get us the players that meet our standard.

Advertisement
Back