Patterson gets dropped

As for Patterson...

1. I thought he was good but this is a beyond loaded year and there is guys I would take before him. He's a nickel/safety type and I feel we have plenty of those already. I think other cycles he would have been more of an option, it's just different this year. Same can be said for other kids this cycle.

2. He's OK at RB, not Miami caliber there. He strictly played DB last season.

3. He wanted an offer from FSU and was very vocal about it before, idk where this "true Cane, bleed orange and green" stuff is coming from. Whole family is Noles & Gators too.

Advertisement
As for Patterson...

1. I thought he was good but this is a beyond loaded year and there is guys I would take before him. He's a nickel/safety type and I feel we have plenty of those already. I think other cycles he would have been more of an option, it's just different this year. Same can be said for other kids this cycle.

2. He's OK at RB, not Miami caliber there. He strictly played DB last season.

3. He wanted an offer from FSU and was very vocal about it before, idk where this "true Cane, bleed orange and green" stuff is coming from. Whole family is Noles & Gators too.

Lol man geo anyone who comes from north Marion is usually a bust I would let those gator loving Seminole *** kissing country fools keep them cow patties and take someone who knows what a Miami offer truly means

Are you dumb? Ivey is a better CB prospect than Jobe ffs. lol. Only Campbell and Blades are better on our board.

Listen Mr. Ivey. Your son has 8 offers, five Power 5 offers, 2 group 5 offers and one from a D2 school.

He better Hope Samuel, Surtain, and Campbell don't want in.

Surtain is going to FSU. And Samuel isn't better than Ivey. Campbell has a spot here no matter what. And if Tyreke wants in, he also has a spot.

Burns shouldn't be on a football scholarship either. Only other DB I can see walking away is Russell (To UF) and Jobe (To Bama)

Samuel is LIGHT YEARS better than Ivey. It's not even close.

I understand there are always going to be people that don't agree but I will take the word from the coaches of his 40 plus P5 offers.

Samuel is 5'9 and weighs 160lbs. Dude is built like a middle schooler, bruh. Ivey is 6'1 and 175 and smooth as silk when covering WRs. Once he comes back from injury 100percent, he's gonna terrorize WRs.

Bro he's 5'10 and we are talking about SKILLS, not size.

Ivey does not possess the skills of Samuel at this point in time.

AJ will be 5'10 185-190 by the time he leaves college.

I hope Ivey is as good as you say he is...

I saw an article that said Patterson was the number 6 all purpose back in the class. Is he projected to play RB or DB in college. I know we don't need him as a corner, but if the kid is that good on offense, I wouldn't have minded taking him as the third back of this class. Considering the depth issues we have right now, him coming in wouldn't have been the worst thing for us.

He's been dropped for months
Shouldn't have waited for Ivins to break the story today, peat.

It's been common knowledge he was not going to be in this class since early last cycle. Outside of a camp in June and a game or two, was just not much contact at all.

My guy who works with the kids up there in that Ocala area. He told me at the FSU game last year that "no one up here even considers him a Miami commit anymore, the coaches don't really talk to him at all." It was obvious even before that though.

Maybe it became official yesterday or staff just wanted to sever ties already but he was never going to be in the class.

Thanks for the analysis. None of that addresses my post though, thank you.

Advertisement
He's been dropped for months
Shouldn't have waited for Ivins to break the story today, peat.

It's been common knowledge he was not going to be in this class since early last cycle. Outside of a camp in June and a game or two, was just not much contact at all.

My guy who works with the kids up there in that Ocala area. He told me at the FSU game last year that "no one up here even considers him a Miami commit anymore, the coaches don't really talk to him at all." It was obvious even before that though.

Maybe it became official yesterday or staff just wanted to sever ties already but he was never going to be in the class.

Thanks for the analysis. None of that addresses my post though, thank you.

Pete has said in multiple threads that Patterson's verbal wasn't commitable, and the new staff wasn't in contact with him. The guys that took his commitment are in Houston, Detroit and Illinois, not Coral Gables. So why do we care if a kid "de-commits" when he never had a commitment to begin with?

... On a separate note, I have to admit I never liked the silent treatment some early commits get as a way of signalling they're no longer desired. But this is special, new regime. And I love the fact that Geo punctured holes into the theory that he bled O&G and we somehow screwed him. I have no sympathy for anyone vocally asking for a Nole offer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back