Patterson gets dropped

Advertisement
Well said ori.

I think Ivey could be next.

Are you dumb? Ivey is a better CB prospect than Jobe ffs. lol. Only Campbell and Blades are better on our board.

Listen Mr. Ivey. Your son has 8 offers, five Power 5 offers, 2 group 5 offers and one from a D2 school.

He better Hope Samuel, Surtain, and Campbell don't want in.

Surtain is going to FSU. And Samuel isn't better than Ivey. Campbell has a spot here no matter what. And if Tyreke wants in, he also has a spot.

Burns shouldn't be on a football scholarship either. Only other DB I can see walking away is Russell (To UF) and Jobe (To Bama)

Samuel is LIGHT YEARS better than Ivey. It's not even close.

I understand there are always going to be people that don't agree but I will take the word from the coaches of his 40 plus P5 offers.

Samuel is 5'9 and weighs 160lbs. Dude is built like a middle schooler, bruh. Ivey is 6'1 and 175 and smooth as silk when covering WRs. Once he comes back from injury 100percent, he's gonna terrorize WRs.

Well said ori.

I think Ivey could be next.

Are you dumb? Ivey is a better CB prospect than Jobe ffs. lol. Only Campbell and Blades are better on our board.

Listen Mr. Ivey. Your son has 8 offers, five Power 5 offers, 2 group 5 offers and one from a D2 school.

He better Hope Samuel, Surtain, and Campbell don't want in.

Surtain is going to FSU. And Samuel isn't better than Ivey. Campbell has a spot here no matter what. And if Tyreke wants in, he also has a spot.

Burns shouldn't be on a football scholarship either. Only other DB I can see walking away is Russell (To UF) and Jobe (To Bama)

Samuel is LIGHT YEARS better than Ivey. It's not even close.

I understand there are always going to be people that don't agree but I will take the word from the coaches of his 40 plus P5 offers.

100 percent samuel is better then ivey !!! all dayyy

Funny how you say Samuel is built like a middle schooler but rarely gives up anything against high school wideouts...again people...get pass the height....trust your eyes and forgot b.s. measurables....look at his offers....look at the film...Ivey is good...but because he's listed at 6'1" doesn't make him better...where's the proof that he is better....

Funny how you say Samuel is built like a middle schooler but rarely gives up anything against high school wideouts...again people...get pass the height....trust your eyes and forgot b.s. measurables....look at his offers....look at the film...Ivey is good...but because he's listed at 6'1" doesn't make him better...where's the proof that he is better....

There is no proof that Ivey is better than Samuel, i'm not saying he is or isnt but there isnt any proof and height definitely doesnt prove it.

Advertisement
Jobe is the best CB prospect in the country bar none.

Tyson Campbell is a close second.

I know I'm not the most objective person on this but I think that should be the other way around. Bigger, Faster, and Younger and just as much of a dog. Cuz is just starting to mature into his adult body, can't say the same for Jobe. That's not to say whatsoever that Jobe has peaked physically or is even close to it but simple arithmetic tells us he's closer than Ty, 19>17. He's gonna run sub 4.4 in Oregon, book it. When it comes to older guys, I always ask myself "would this kid be impressive amongst his peers?" Like many on here, I do think Josh would've been a coveted recruit in the past two classes, so it's not a case of him merely feasting on the young. Call me crazy, but I'm gonna always rate the bigger, faster and younger guy higher when splitting hairs between two ELITE prospects...

For those saying he is not elite go ask elite wr's Xavier Williams where Jalen had 2 INTS including pick 6 vs him and also locked down DJ MATTHEWS go ahead and ask them and see if they say hes not elite.

Here's the thing ...most of these guys who are saying he sucks, we don't need him etc. have never seen this dude play. They don't know **** about the kid except he has dreads, is black and has 3 stars. Anyways, question for you.... do you know the kid?

I understand it's easy to bash the kid because he seems to be playing games, but when you say that Ivey is a better prospect than Jobe you're embarrassing yourself.

C'mon.

I understand it's easy to bash the kid because he seems to be playing games, but when you say that Ivey is a better prospect than Jobe you're embarrassing yourself.

C'mon.

I'm talking as a CB prospect. Ivey blows Jobe away, mainly because of height (Jobe measured in at 5'11 Ivey is a legit 6'1), speed (Ivey plays like a 4.5 kid, Jobe is more of a 4.55-4.60 kid), and hips (Jobe kinda stiff). Jobe is the best safety prospect on our board though. Campbell is the best OVERALL prospect and could play either position effortlessly.

Advertisement
Top 5 pure CB prospects:

Campbell
Blades
Ivey
Samuel
Johnson

Top 5 pure Safety prospects:
Jobe
Campbell
Blades
Frierson
Hall

C'mon.

I'm talking as a CB prospect. Ivey blows Jobe away, mainly because of height (Jobe measured in at 5'11 Ivey is a legit 6'1), speed (Ivey plays like a 4.5 kid, Jobe is more of a 4.55-4.60 kid), and hips (Jobe kinda stiff). Jobe is the best safety prospect on our board though. Campbell is the best OVERALL prospect and could play either position effortlessly.

Lmfao :|

For those saying he is not elite go ask elite wr's Xavier Williams where Jalen had 2 INTS including pick 6 vs him and also locked down DJ MATTHEWS go ahead and ask them and see if they say hes not elite.

Here's the thing ...most of these guys who are saying he sucks, we don't need him etc. have never seen this dude play. They don't know **** about the kid except he has dreads, is black and has 3 stars. Anyways, question for you.... do you know the kid?

No, just have seen his tapes and hear about him

Advertisement

No, just have seen his tapes and hear about him

K I see. I've never seen the kid. Teddy Polly hasn't either.

In most years, Patterson would be a take, but this is not most years. Personally, I like his game and think he will excel in college. I wish him the best of luck (unless he winds up a Gheyturd or Semenhole, then he can go fvck himself).

He's Electric , undersized but makes up for it, loves to hit , very physical.. very competitive and like I said he makes plays and is lock down , has great instincts and is a dog and thats something you cant teach.

I dont think he committed to al golden , he committed to Miami and thats not a reason why i think we should keep him. Should of kept him because he would be making plays vs FSU ETC... He would of thrived with this new coaching staff.

It doesn't really hurt us because of the talent we have and will get but we could have definitely utilized him.

But he is the type of player we need. He is a football player , playmaker . str8 DOG like how the canes use to be.

I take you at your word. I really do but this is a decision that we had to make. Patterson could end up being an AA and the first CB taken in the draft but that's life. We had to do this. Let the chips fall where they may.

Advertisement
This board is funny.......... we have signed plenty of players that other teams dropped.....and then we proceeded toa ct like we just took them from them....we have also had players leave us...and then act like we dropped them...who cares

To me it has to do with who the staff want and who they don't. You make a good point, but if we want a kid and another staff drops him, I'm cool with that. And if we drop a kid and he goes to fsu that's also fine. What bothers me is when you see several situations per year where we're on the wrong end of those situations.

This kid might be good and he might end up an all American, but if the staff don't want him I see no reason to force him down their throats (super ).

TOP DBS (not based on size smh for all you fools that just look at size)

1.JOBE
2.CAMPBELL
3.Surtain
4.Hall
5.Samuel
6.Blades
7.Patterson
8.Russel
9.Ivey
10. Freison

lol awful.

Campbell (can play either position effortlessly)
Blades (ditto)
Jobe (best safety)
Ivey (elite CB)
Johnson (underrated AF on here)
Frierson (ditto)
Hall (great safety, can't play CB)
Samuel (tiny, can't ever play S)
Russell (lack of CB skills and not ideal size at S brings him down)
Surtain (next Larry Brown)

Patterson is better as a scatback.

Looks like you have met your match Teddy. Go ahead and tell him who the real troll is on here.

was committed day 1 , a true cane and a playmaker , this is sad if its true

Here's the problem, in today's environment.

Kids want to feel special, the like it when programs identify them as a freshman or sophomore. But the reality is, some kids bloom early, and then do not develop further. This happens in the 4-year window of HS, it happens in the 4 or 5 year window of college, and it happens in the NFL. Sometimes a kid stands out from the crowd at one point (early growth spurt, beats out players with inferior coaching, etc.), and then the crowd catches up. Very hard to predict.

I admire the kid's loyalty, but if you follow that trait alone, then we are eventually going to have a certain percentage of the team who, while loyal, are no longer the dominant talents that they once were as HS freshmen or sophomores. Call them Al Bundy. "I once scored 4 TDs in one game." Yeah, that's great, but how about today?

I believe that, at every level, you have to have standards, and if a player hits a developmental wall, you are doing him a favor by allowing him to find his proper level of competition. If you put loyalty first, then you will end up sticking a kid at the end of the bench, never giving him reps, but remaining "loyal" to the promise that he showed years earlier.

Right now, that kid Forrest Lamp is probably going to be a first round selection. A few people mentioned him during recruiting, he had a funny name, he was a "diamond in the rough", etc. But how do we know he would have developed at Miami? Maybe he would not have been a good fit with Kehoe. Maybe the kid needed the reps that a "lower-level program" could give him, and he could develop confidence beating out kids within his skill range instead of going up against 4 star opposition as a freshman and getting discouraged.

I wish Patterson the best, I'd love to see him prove us "wrong", but with only so many spots, we have to make the best decisions we can with the evidence that we have now. And if the staff says "pass", I trust their judgement at this point.

Where'd that guy Al Bundy end up? I kind of remember the name, but I just don't recall what happened to him. Did we end up dropping him, too?

He's been dropped for months
Shouldn't have waited for Ivins to break the story today, peat.

It's been common knowledge he was not going to be in this class since early last cycle. Outside of a camp in June and a game or two, was just not much contact at all.

My guy who works with the kids up there in that Ocala area. He told me at the FSU game last year that "no one up here even considers him a Miami commit anymore, the coaches don't really talk to him at all." It was obvious even before that though.

Maybe it became official yesterday or staff just wanted to sever ties already but he was never going to be in the class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back