Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids have been leaving Miami as juniors without high draft grades.....and if i remember correctly, there was talk Ford was considering the Draft last year. If he has his degree now, do you really think he's planning to come back? I don't. There's enough tape to know who he is as a player. It hasn't changed much.

I can only seeing kids coming back if they feel their schools are on the verge of a Championship or if they feel they can improve their draft status (either with more playing time or with a better supporting cast).
True and you’re right I was just saying I could see it happening bc of how weird this year has been. But Ford and Nesta is probably gonna go to

Advertisement
So to summarize the last few pages of posts, this thread is now about.....nothing? Anything new we know today that we didnt already know?

21 commits.

Still need 2-3 CBs and probably need to keep an IC for Portal QB.

We have 6 DTs on roster with Ford, Nesta, JHH, Miller, Holley and Roberts. I consider Blissett a hybrid bc he's small for inside with all the weight he lost.

Ford graduates this year. If for some reason Nesta leaves....that's 4 returning DTs, 3 of which are sub-300 pounds and Miller being the only space eater against the run. Taylor and Haye would come in giving us a 3-deep but Taylor is also sub-300 3-tech and Haye is raw in technique.

While Collins looks like the guy who could be the odd man out if tough decisions are made, I can understand why they are keeping that option open.
Ford is coming back! He just got his spot taken by jhh and it lit a fire in him! Baker said he played his best game in 4yrs!

Advertisement
Man just move Davis to LB. Wtf? The kid ran 4.7 and has a 7.07 three cone just like Devin White had at the combine. Moving him creates a spot for Patrick Payton. Drop Tyler Johnson if you have too. Just get Patrick Payton here. He should’ve been here even before he transferred from Miami High.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Those thinking that Ford, Silvera and Phillips will all come back are wasting brain cells. Ford is a senior and, notwithstanding the extra year granted by the NCAA, is extremely unlikely to return. I would be happy if either Phillips or Silvera returned - Nesta is more likely to return than Phillips - but there's a good chance both depart for the NFL.

The irony is that, by leaving early, GR not only hurt the team this year but next year as well. His decision to opt out allowed us to showcase Phillips and he is playing himself in to an early round pick. Had GR not opted out, Phillips would not have had the same opportunity and would likely return next year.

It's a distinct possibility that our top 5 defensive lineman heading into this season will all leave the Program in the same year. That sucks.

I’d rather have Payton over Davis. We might not have studs at LB, but at least we have bodies. Between Phillips and Roche more than likely leaving we will only have Cam Williams, Harvey, Chantz Williams, q Williams, Ishmael, and maybe Davis. At least Payton offers the certainty of being a DE and offers the flexibility of playing inside like GR did in certain situations. Davis’ fit in this defense is less certain between if he will play LB or play a role similar to the one Trent Harris did.

Those thinking that Ford, Silvera and Phillips will all come back are wasting brain cells. Ford is a senior and, notwithstanding the extra year granted by the NCAA, is extremely unlikely to return. I would be happy if either Phillips or Silvera returned - Nesta is more likely to return than Phillips - but there's a good chance both depart for the NFL.

The irony is that, by leaving early, GR not only hurt the team this year but next year as well. His decision to opt out allowed us to showcase Phillips and he is playing himself in to an early round pick. Had GR not opted out, Phillips would not have had the same opportunity and would likely return next year.

It's a distinct possibility that our top 5 defensive lineman heading into this season will all leave the Program in the same year. That sucks.
This your first year seeing talented Guys leave the program?

this is college your “studs” will finally hit stardom usually for one year for your team before they leave for the NFL

but it’s always about recruiting the next bunch to be as good or better...

Cam, Harvey, JHH, LT, Nesta (I think he returns) is going to be a very disruptive Dline with another year of S&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back