Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah sure how athletic his is but I live in hbg pa home of Michah parsons and when he played in highschool not once did a play LB only DE. Now he was an athletic freak so that also helps lol

Advertisement
Guys like Troutman will always have a position in Manny's defense. When you realize he plays alot like Keontra Smith did in high school as well. Keontra literally was a MLB at Chaminade. Hence you see how he performs at Striker and his physicality. We desperately need more speed on the back end of defense..size aint the main issue at LB..we have alot of stiffs there. Troutman is the opposite and the typical historical "Miami Lber".

If we are in a numbers crunch im definately sending Savion Collins on his merry way...especially considering he and Haye are similar prospects here in our scheme. The only thing that keeps them is that **** athleticism Collins has at that size. But if a Jon Ford returns and takes the free year i dont see the big need at DT with Leonard Taylor and Haye locked in.
Troutman is a lunatic on the field i’ll take him all day any day especially when i watched a Defense give up 41 points to NC State

Advertisement
Maybe he can but isn’t Joyner around that and is just stuck as a tweener
Joyner and Payton are nothing alike ; Joyner was always a tweener that was in the 6’1-6’2 range. Lb was always a possibility. Payton is just how the staff likes their de’s , long *** frame with a bunch of room to grow. Cam Williams and Rousseau were in the same ball park as Payton. Redshirt them , get in the s&c program with a good nutrition plan and the weight will pile on quick.

Not saying he’s Rousseau but he’s in the mold they like. Just like Gregg.

Attachments

• 82147CED-5FEE-4EE7-A6CE-6F65F539B62B.png
    82147CED-5FEE-4EE7-A6CE-6F65F539B62B.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
Joyner and Payton are nothing alike ; Joyner was always a tweener that was in the 6’1-6’2 range. Lb was always a possibility. Payton is just how the staff likes their de’s , long *** frame with a bunch of room to grow. Cam Williams and Rousseau we’re in the same ball park as Payton. Redshirt them , get in the s&c program with a good nutrition plan and the weight will pile on quick.

I was just about to say Payton looks alot like Cam Williams. Ill take that...redshirt and then let em loose.

Advertisement
Joyner and Payton are nothing alike ; Joyner was always a tweener that was in the 6’1-6’2 range. Lb was always a possibility. Payton is just how the staff likes their de’s , long *** frame with a bunch of room to grow. Cam Williams and Rousseau were in the same ball park as Payton. Redshirt them , get in the s&c program with a good nutrition plan and the weight will pile on quick.

Crib. That is exactly why I want Payton got the same vibe from this kid. Only reason I was thinking drop Thomas was posters were saying if the SEC comes calling he will drop us. I did think he was like a Joyner but I’ll take the L if he’s not but I did think he was a tweener as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's an edge rusher all the way and you always make room for the ones that have elite potential. Davis is a LB anyway right?

I am with you on the you can never have enough edge rushers train but...

Easier said than done to just “make room”, especially when we have bigger needs like QB, CB, and OL.

Also, it has been reiterated time and time again by a few in the know on this board that the staff sees this kid as a DE/edge. The LB thing just kinda took off as people placed their own thoughts on what they thought he SHOULD be here because he has been playing LB this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back