Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I am with you on the you can never have enough edge rushers train but...

Easier said than done to just “make room”, especially when we have bigger needs like QB, CB, and OL.

Also, it has been reiterated time and time again by a few in the know on this board that the staff sees this kid as a DE/edge. The LB thing just kinda took off as people placed their own thoughts on what they thought he SHOULD be here because he has been playing LB this season.
Not to mention the 22 class is absolutely LOADED at DE. I think he is a take as well but there is a limit to how far you can stretch the numbers

Not to mention the 22 class is absolutely LOADED at DE. I think he is a take as well but there is a limit to how far you can stretch the numbers

That too, how could I forget. We are already going to have to tell some of those guys no next cycle after we have 3 edge guys drafted in the first 2 days in a few months. Trust me, I would love the kid but again I just don't see how. Unless the rules are changed etc.

We also need to leave room for a portal guy or two.

Florida State, Penn State, Pitt & Mississippi State were all after him hard and he still stayed with Nebraska. I hope he was holding out for the Canes.

He's listed as an OLB on the recruiting sites now instead of a DE, I'm assuming it's for Nebraska (who run a 3-4 defense.)

Advertisement

Easier said than done to just “make room”, especially when we have bigger needs like QB, CB, and OL.

Also, it has been reiterated time and time again by a few in the know on this board that the staff sees this kid as a DE/edge. The LB thing just kinda took off as people placed their own thoughts on what they thought he SHOULD be here because he has been playing LB this season.
Im with both of yall! U definitely make room, because we might be thin at de next year if jp15 and roche leave! That would leave us with cam, quinnen, chantz, harvey and da freshman ishmael and davis that's only 6 ok number wise but im not seeing that freak off da edge.

Im with both of yall! U definitely make room, because we might be thin at de next year if jp15 and roche leave! That would leave us with cam, quinnen, chantz, harvey and da freshman ishmael and davis that's only 6 ok number wise but im not seeing that freak off da edge.

You wouldnt see him next year with Payton either. That kid wont be physically ready for another 2 years. He is rail thin now, kid will 99% likely redshirt if he came here anyway.

You wouldnt see him next year with Payton either. That kid wont be physically ready for another 2 years. He is rail thin now, kid will 99% likely redshirt if he came here anyway.
True that, we might need our dt to carry us next year on the line unless we hit da portal or recruit more de's

Advertisement

Savion Collins can go to Bolivia.

Advertisement
Just drop Collins bro simple
21 commits.

Still need 2-3 CBs and probably need to keep an IC for Portal QB.

We have 6 DTs on roster with Ford, Nesta, JHH, Miller, Holley and Roberts. I consider Blissett a hybrid bc he's small for inside with all the weight he lost.

Ford graduates this year. If for some reason Nesta leaves....that's 4 returning DTs, 3 of which are sub-300 pounds and Miller being the only space eater against the run. Taylor and Haye would come in giving us a 3-deep but Taylor is also sub-300 3-tech and Haye is raw in technique.

While Collins looks like the guy who could be the odd man out if tough decisions are made, I can understand why they are keeping that option open.

In this system, pass rushing DE will ALWAYS be a pressing need. Besides, we really counting on Davis to be in this class? He's a south GA kid, who says he won't end up at Auburn with Height by Feb.

Literally one of the first things I said today regarding this was “unless Davis leaves” lol.

So I am all for keeping tabs on the kid in case Davis bolts, but SoFla kids dont really like that 2nd fiddle ****, atleast not when it comes to us.

Advertisement
21 commits.

We have 6 DTs on roster with Ford, Nesta, JHH, Miller, Holley and Roberts. I consider Blissett a hybrid bc he's small for inside with all the weight he lost.

Ford graduates this year. If for some reason Nesta leaves....that's 4 returning DTs, 3 of which are sub-300 pounds and Miller being the only space eater against the run. Taylor and Haye would come in giving us a 3-deep but Taylor is also sub-300 3-tech and Haye is raw in technique.

While Collins looks like the guy who could be the odd man out if tough decisions are made, I can understand why they are keeping that option open.

You think we will get 2-3 corners...I don't see that happening...I think Payton is too talented not to take and at this point, you take the best available cause we are not getting 2-3 good corners those will mostly be reaches

21 commits.

Gotta remember too that the NCAA has granted an extra year of eligibility so a guy like Ford could come back so we can’t count him as an open scholarship

I am banking on that fact that king is a respectful kid and will at this point have already told the coaches if he’s going or staying. If he’s going we might need a portal passer and that’s a spot. We for sure need two corners. That’s two spots. Collins should be dropped. I’d love to have Payton cause end depth could be better and this kid is a beast. Second running back is out the window at this point I feel. And another OL is never a bad idea. And what if maason smith or Terrance Lewis want in?

Gotta remember too that the NCAA has granted an extra year of eligibility so a guy like Ford could come back so we can’t count him as an open scholarship

Kids have been leaving Miami as juniors without high draft grades.....and if i remember correctly, there was talk Ford was considering the Draft last year. If he has his degree now, do you really think he's planning to come back? I don't. There's enough tape to know who he is as a player. It hasn't changed much.

I can only seeing kids coming back if they feel their schools are on the verge of a Championship or if they feel they can improve their draft status (either with more playing time or with a better supporting cast).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back