Patrick Joyner=Portal

Advertisement
So is Gregory Rousseau.

But let's be adults and only focus on the negative.
Rousseau was a 3 star player but he was not a tweener. He was 6’6” 225 and played DE his senior year of high school. He needed to gain weight but he was always going to play end here. Joyner was 6’2” 210 who played DE in high school but was recruited to play linebacker in college. Too small to play DE, not good enough in space to play LB

Advertisement
I honestly think this kid was a victim of a GIMMICK defense and below average coaching. He has the size and skills a real defensive scheme and quality defensive coaches would have utilized. In fact I feel sorry for all the defensive players and signees who have to play in a GIMMICK defense for sorry *** coarches.

Advertisement
****. I remember him being a big coup for us after stealing him from FSU. Amazing how you just cant project how these kids will develop on this level out of HS.
Yup this was Manny "big" recruiting win.. he wanted this kid bad for his ideal lb I guess

Brooks was a defensive end converted to LB. Joyner is about the same size who was dominant in HS at end but he doesn’t have the twitch and physicality of brooks.

Advertisement
Does this open up an IC due to the covid rules?

Edit: I might be thinking of the proposed covid rules. Lose a transfer to another school and gain an IC

He can't play here, he looked lost and unathletic in the bowl game. Good luck to him
He must not know our very intricate playbook then because lost and unathletic are the traits our coaches value most when it comes to our LB

Advertisement
They moved him to DE because he had fallen behind everyone at linebacker. Nothing against the kid. He just wasn’t good enough.
I'm sorry I can't trust the Coaches opinion on this one. They have shown they don't know ****. He looked good in the spring game at linebacker a year or two ago. He forgot his zone in coverage a few times, but he looked solid tackling and changing direction.

I'm sorry I can't trust the Coaches opinion on this one. They have shown they don't know ****. He looked good in the spring game at linebacker a year or two ago. He forgot his zone in coverage a few times, but he looked solid tackling and changing direction.

How did he look good in the spring game? Which spring game? What did he do?

He played, a lot in the Cheezit Bowl.. And looked. Well, not good.
No disrespect, but some of you come off as if you didn't play sports. It's not easy to "look good" when you haven't played all year, and they just throw you out there in a meaningless game. Combine that with the fact you see dudes at linebacker playing that you think you are better than. As bad as he looked at DE, and looked pretty decent at backer.

Advertisement
Back