Patrick Joyner=Portal

Advertisement
Best of luck to him. I hope he finishes his career somewhere he can play, and he earns a degree (hopefully 2) that set him up to make a good living for the rest of his life.

But this is what happens when you take kids FSU drops. Big yikes. If that 3-ring circus tells you to go elsewhere, probably best to not get involved.

****. I remember him being a big coup for us after stealing him from FSU. Amazing how you just cant project how these kids will develop on this level out of HS.
This is very true even when you land a 5 star. We landed 20 Five stars since 2002 and 8 were complete bust, 7 did start for us but never made it to the NFL, 2 hung around the NFL for a while and 3 had stellar NFL careers . You just never know who is going to make an impact and who is not.

Advertisement
You’re right. But if the guy’s skill set is pretty much just rushing the passer, then bring him here to rush the passer. Not to play linebacker in space.

Doesn't nearly have the frame for that. And if you don't have the frame for it, you better be an absurdly freakish athlete. And he's not that either.

Advertisement
Doesn't nearly have the frame for that. And if you don't have the frame for it, you better be an absurdly freakish athlete. And he's not that either.
Exactly. There are tweener types who have superior athletic ability and enough size to play college DE. Joyner has neither.

Advertisement
Move Pope to the slot where he belongs. He needs to improve his consistency catching of course but he's better suited for the slot.

OR... maybe we get super innovative. Put him really close the boundary. I mean reeaaaallly close. Like... past the boundary. Like.... on the sideline. And then... he can go so far out there, he can sit on the bench.

I think it's his natural position where he'll definitely shine.

Advertisement
Using this transfer as an example of mismanagement and missed opportunity by the staff is a good indicator that you’ve redlined on the blame manny/baker meter and some gears might be slipping.

****. I remember him being a big coup for us after stealing him from FSU. Amazing how you just cant project how these kids will develop on this level out of HS.
Seems like some are better than others at those projections. Not a judgement on this player at all, judge speaking generally.

Advertisement
Back