Patrick Joyner=Portal

Advertisement
Joyner, Pope, Wiggins, Scaife, Ivey...what has happened to kids from south Miami-Dade?
Joyner came out of South Dade as a three star, and DeAndre Johnson came out of Killian/Southridge as a three star. Joyner goes to UM and (injuries aside) is buried on the depth chart with very little development. Johnson goes to Tennessee, gains 30 pounds of muscle, is developed under Jeremy Pruit’s defense , puts up good production, becomes big-time SEC defensive player and then transfers to UM to start over Joyner.

It could be coincidence, or it could be that UM needs to do a better job of identifying the right recruits and developing those recruits like other bigtime programs? IJS

Last edited:
He must not know our very intricate playbook then because lost and unathletic are the traits our coaches value most when it comes to our LB
Yep, ensures that a guy runs to the wrong gap thus meaning he was sound in doing his assignment. MannyBlake run a full chaos defense with players assignment is to always run where they can’t make the play. Make it up as you go. Look at the UNC game. That was full chaos on defense. Same at beginning of Cheese Wiz game.

Advertisement
Classic tweener. Coaches kept moving him between LB and DE. Good kid. I hope he goes to a school that stands him up and allows him to rush off the edge.

Makes you wonder how the coaches are going to use Thomas Davis the recruit out of Georgia. Almost identical build and playing style to Joyner.

Blisset is another guy I wouldn't be surprised to see enter the portal. He's been bounced around from DT to DE back to DT.
Blissett plays. He iant even been bounced around he played and was active as a 3 tech this year.

Joyner was a tweener...and not that good to begin with.

Joyner needs to go to a 3-4 type team...He could play at an APP STATE/Marshall type team

Joyner, Pope, Wiggins, Scaife, Ivey...what has happened to kids from south Miami-Dade?
giphy.gif

Chill out fam.....down south kids aren't overrated. Our entire roster is currently underachieving if yall ain't noticed.

Joyner was never a fit here in the first place, he's a 3-4 OLB. And he wasn't that highly rated in the first place.

Wiggins was a 3 star, if you remember BRIAN HIGHTOWER was supposed to be the superstar #1 WR from that recruiting class.

I admit that Scaife, Pope and Ivey are overrated though. Scaife is a weird tweener that doesn't have a natural position on the OL, Pope was a camp beast but isn't good in an actual game, Ivey was overrated & has no competition to scare him and better his craft.

Advertisement
Chill out fam.....down south kids aren't overrated. Our entire roster is currently underachieving if yall ain't noticed.

Joyner was never a fit here in the first place, he's a 3-4 OLB. And he wasn't that highly rated in the first place.

Wiggins was a 3 star, if you remember BRIAN HIGHTOWER was supposed to be the superstar #1 WR from that recruiting class.

I admit that Scaife, Pope and Ivey are overrated though. Scaife is a weird tweener that doesn't have a natural position on the OL, Pope was a camp beast but isn't good in an actual game, Ivey was overrated & has no competition to scare him and better his craft.
Down South kids at times get overrated ..especiallyw hen they team up. Its a running list on the ones weve gotten to. lol

There was nothing on Joyner's hs film that said he should hve gotten a um offer. He always was a tweener and not the good kind. I never liked.

Wiggins is what he always was. I personally liked other south fla wr's over him the whole time..guys like Tu Tu, Elijah Moore etc. But he was rated correctly and initially seemed to outplay his ranking.

Pope = overrated. Ivey could be better if he had a better coach. He has some tools to work with. But he is set in his psot as we dont have iron sharpening iron at cb.

Scaife best position is likely tackle. But they dont like his length. SO he is sort of a tweener..playing guard. He doesnt have strength like that..and overthinks alot. = Overrated.

Its why i didnt come around to the Palmetto kids either until late. I can admit i never really checked for Leonard Taylor or Brashard Smith and company until we actually got em. Then during the play off run and games i got impessed. Down south kids leave a bad taste man lol

Down South kids at times get overrated ..especiallyw hen they team up. Its a running list on the ones weve gotten to. lol

There was nothing on Joyner's hs film that said he should hve gotten a um offer. He always was a tweener and not the good kind. I never liked.

Wiggins is what he always was. I personally liked other south fla wr's over him the whole time..guys like Tu Tu, Elijah Moore etc. But he was rated correctly and initially seemed to outplay his ranking.

Pope = overrated. Ivey could be better if he had a better coach. He has some tools to work with. But he is set in his psot as we dont have iron sharpening iron at cb.

Scaife best position is likely tackle. But they dont like his length. SO he is sort of a tweener..playing guard. He doesnt have strength like that..and overthinks alot. = Overrated.

Its why i didnt come around to the Palmetto kids either until late. I can admit i never really checked for Leonard Taylor or Brashard Smith and company until we actually got em. Then during the play off run and games i got impessed. Down south kids leave a bad taste man lol
Brashard, LT & Elijah Roberts will definitely make you change your stance. Brashard is Bahamian too so that should endear him some lol

Brashard, LT & Elijah Roberts will definitely make you change your stance. Brashard is Bahamian too so that should endear him some lol
Elijah Roberts is my boy. Im messing with the Palmetto bunch..i came around to it lol

While Brashad was a uf commit i watched not even a clip of his. When he came to us ...i went back and saw all i needed to see.

Advertisement
So I just wasted my life and read 7 pages of this. Let me see if I am understanding. He should be a 3-4 LB? And NOBODY on here really wanted him?

are there any other players on the team that get switched around because they can not play any position?

remember when it was the coaches that could not find a spot for Hester. And then he goes to the NFL and again the coaches can not find a spot for him on O or D?

Wiggins
Pope
Burns (I don't think he's awful but would rather see the roster spot go to CB/LB)
Ragone
McCloud
Jennings
Ivey
Ivey but again
Carter (depending on if he wants to leave)
Martell
Miller
Anyone who fielded a punt all season
Are we sure we actually fielded a punt all year? Seems to me the closest we got was it bouncing off the chest of one of our players and giving it right back of the other team

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back