Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Go after him Manny. This is the type of news I've been waiting for. Go get some dogs for the OL. Everything is getting a boost expect the OL (a not so good unit)

AND he has a brother that is a 4 star for 2020. Just seems like an all-around win-win.

Last edited:
I agree. It’s about competition and bringing good pieces who can help the team win. Plus a veteran player around is always a good look. I see we try and snag him and go from there. With the coaching staff in place, I don’t see anyone regressing. If he’s a sting run blocker with our stable of dynamic RB’s, I’m confident he’ll improve as a pass blocker as well.

OL is the one area on the team that still needs to be improved significantly. Taking a two-time All ACC player who is obviously smart as well (Ga Tech is a great school academically) is a no brainer. He will help our run game significantly and provide mature leadership on the OL. Plus he has a younger brother with a massive frame.

IMHO, at this point this is priority #1 out of all of the needs we still have. If we have a strong OL next season, I'm highly confident we will have a great year. Our talented OL are mostly still young. Really hope this happens.

Advertisement
**** Manny and staff are building a team in a month. If a few guys fall in place we could have a real nice team on our hands. Getting a few of these grad transfers is huge. Short term solution I know but it's help we need on day one.

Advertisement
I’m sure we’ll pursue a grad transfer OL. No way we lose 2 of our starters to graduation, 2 potential starters leave (1 transfer, 1 to the draft) and the only 3 guys we bring in are developmental guys with no chance at playing year 1. Gotta be waiting until after NSD or to see who leaves after spring from other schools.

Scaife should be the LG.

LT Kennedy
LG Scaife
C Gaynor
RG Reed
RT Donaldson (move him back now that Felder is kaput)

We’re not bringing in a 2x all-ACC grad transfer to sit on the bench... also saying Scaife should be at guard and then put Donaldson at OT lmao. Scaife is a lot more flexible and quicker than Donaldson. Sure maybe Feeley can help but who says he can help Scaife as well.

Advertisement
Donaldson doesn't play with leverage at guard. Gets caught leaning too often and then face plants. Good DTs like Wilkins and Wilson have made him look really bad. Scaife is fine at RT but if 55 can trim down to about 315 it could allow for Scaife to man the all-important LG spot. Not sure we currently have anyone else who can be trusted to play LG.

We’re not bringing in a 2x all-ACC grad transfer to sit on the bench... also saying Scaife should be at guard and then put Donaldson at OT lmao. Scaife is a lot more flexible and quicker than Donaldson. Sure maybe Feeley can help but who says he can help Scaife as well.

Who says we're bringing anyone else in?

Advertisement
Back