Paradise Camp 2017 (July 21-22)

Referring to last year's camp...you guys are nuts.

Ray and the Playmaker alone...
Ray and Irvin plus others last year vs. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald plus others this year. At a minimum, pretty impressive as to who shows up to Paradise. Do we know who will be there this year? I have a feeling it's going to be ridiculous. Besides, we're going head to head with Friday Night Lights and their event is gonna be crickets chirping.

Look at the list above that I put up...adding Rolle, Shockey, Calais, and the Blades boys. I don't care what anyone says...that's a better list than the Opening to me.

Not close with the key and most important difference being the all star team you listed all went to Miami. The greats that may go to the Opening didn't go to Opening University on their way to greatness.

But the U is also one of the only schools that can use an all alumni list and still rival the opening.

Think about this, in the last 3 decades the U has produced the best safety, the best return man and arguably the best linebacker to ever play in the NFL. Not pro bowlers, not HOF, the GOAT.

ray was incredible ... but lawrence taylor would like to have a word with you.

considering you will not meet a football person, (coach or GM) that doesn't consider him the best defensive player in the history of the game.

nevertheless, i understand what the import of your point is, and it is truly amazing what the U has produced

Advertisement
But the U is also one of the only schools that can use an all alumni list and still rival the opening.

Think about this, in the last 3 decades the U has produced the best safety, the best return man and arguably the best linebacker to ever play in the NFL. Not pro bowlers, not HOF, the GOAT.[/QUOTE]

I can say this, as for former player WISE their is no CFB team that can match Miami for Greats of All Time (because at every position Miami can name AT LEAST 4 to 5 Greats) and the players the opening get for their event Miami can match then that just with former players, NOW when it comes to recruits "I'm not sure" if Miami can match the opening (because they usually get the best recruits in the country) at the Paradise Camp Miami might get the best in FL and a few from OOS!! Overall right now, I think the opening has our Paradise Camp beat because of television purposes BUT I think after another year or so, Miami's Paradise Camp will be a worldwide event just because of what Miami can offer it..

Ray and Irvin plus others last year vs. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald plus others this year. At a minimum, pretty impressive as to who shows up to Paradise. Do we know who will be there this year? I have a feeling it's going to be ridiculous. Besides, we're going head to head with Friday Night Lights and their event is gonna be crickets chirping.

Look at the list above that I put up...adding Rolle, Shockey, Calais, and the Blades boys. I don't care what anyone says...that's a better list than the Opening to me.

Not close with the key and most important difference being the all star team you listed all went to Miami. The greats that may go to the Opening didn't go to Opening University on their way to greatness.

Think about this, in the last 3 decades the U has produced the best safety, the best return man and arguably the best linebacker to ever play in the NFL. Not pro bowlers, not HOF, the GOAT.

considering you will not meet a football person, (coach or GM) that doesn't consider him the best defensive player in the history of the game.

nevertheless, i understand what the import of your point is, and it is truly amazing what the U has produced

I guarantee there are coaches and GMs that don't consider him the greatest defensive player ever, or even the greatest LB.

I would vote for Ray as best LB over Taylor because he was a more complete LB. IMO Taylor, despite being considered a LB, was effectively more of a DE than a LB. He speciality was rushing the passer, which he did extremely well. He didn't have the whole range of LB skills that Ray did.

Last edited:

I guarantee there are coaches and GMs that don't consider him the greatest defensive player ever, or even the greatest LB.

I would vote for Ray as best LB over Taylor because he was a more complete LB. IMO Taylor, despite being considered a LB, was effectively more of a DE than a LB. He speciality was rushing the passer, which he did extremely well. He didn't have the whole range of LB skills that Ray did.

guarantee how, exactly?

Advertisement

As much as it pains me to admit I would say LT was the best, he changed the game. I would say they are 1 and 2.

Go Canes

As much as it pains me to admit I would say LT was the best, he changed the game. I would say they are 1 and 2.

Go Canes

no argument there.

how about this:

1) LT
2) Ray52
3) Butkus
4) Singletary
5) Jack Lambert

Advertisement

Go Canes

no argument there.

how about this:

1) LT
2) Ray52
3) Butkus
4) Singletary
5) Jack Lambert

LT was a 3-4 OLB who primarily rushed the passer. While technically a LB, he had the skill set of a DE. For me it's Ray, who was a much more complete LB than LT. Also, Seau should be in that top 5.

Go Canes

no argument there.

how about this:

1) LT
2) Ray52
3) Butkus
4) Singletary
5) Jack Lambert

LT was a 3-4 OLB who primarily rushed the passer. While technically a LB, he had the skill set of a DE. For me it's Ray, who was a much more complete LB than LT. Also, Seau should be in that top 5.

Agree on all counts. Ray a much more complete LB than LT. Frankly I wouldn't even put LT in the top three of all time.

And yes Seau is right up there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back