Paradise Camp 2017 (July 21-22)

Invites to the camp are being sent out:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Tarquin70/status/880888534399426562

Tape over the date. They still don't want that getting out, apparently lol

Edit: I don't know how to embed tweets... Sorry!

For the embedding of tweets, click on the twitter icon on the toolbar. Insert the number after the slash from the url. In this case its : 880888534399426562

TWEET] put the number form above here with no spaces on either side [/TWEET
so it ends up like TWEET]880888534399426562[/TWEET
Note: took the outside brackets off just to show how it looks

Advertisement
I wonder if this will ever become a public event with the amount of star power involved. I would imagine plenty of fans would like to see it (I would!). Nebraska opened their camp last week to fans and it was a big hit with the recruits. I think there is some loophole that was discovered to let this happen. I bet we could get a good turnout.

It definitely has more star power than The Opening...which is quite hilarious when you think about it.

Advertisement
Invites to the camp are being sent out:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Tarquin70/status/880888534399426562

Tape over the date. They still don't want that getting out, apparently lol

Edit: I don't know how to embed tweets... Sorry!

For the embedding of tweets, click on the twitter icon on the toolbar. Insert the number after the slash from the url. In this case its : 880888534399426562

TWEET] put the number form above here with no spaces on either side [/TWEET
so it ends up like TWEET]880888534399426562[/TWEET
Note: took the outside brackets off just to show how it looks

Thanks! Fixed

It definitely has more star power than The Opening...which is quite hilarious when you think about it.

2017-04-01-08-57-14-597593056.jpg

Referring to last year's camp b/c this year has not been completed...you guys are nuts.

Ray, Sapp, Shockey, Beason, Kenny Phillips, P Buch, Najeh, Gino, Duke, Romberg, Calais Campbell, Rolle, Blades boys, and the Playmaker...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Referring to last year's camp...you guys are nuts.

Ray and the Playmaker alone...
Ray and Irvin plus others last year vs. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald plus others this year. At a minimum, pretty impressive as to who shows up to Paradise. Do we know who will be there this year? I have a feeling it's going to be ridiculous. Besides, we're going head to head with Friday Night Lights and their event is gonna be crickets chirping.

Last edited:

Ray and Irvin plus others last year vs. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald plus others this year. At a minimum, pretty impressive as to who shows up to Paradise. Do we know who will be there this year? I have a feeling it's going to be ridiculous. Besides, we're going head to head with Friday Night Lights and their event is gonna be crickets chirping.

Look at the list above that I put up...adding Rolle, Shockey, Calais, and the Blades boys. I don't care what anyone says...that's a better list than the Opening to me.

Look at the list above that I put up...adding Rolle, Shockey, Calais, and the Blades boys. I don't care what anyone says...that's a better list than the Opening to me.

Not close with the key and most important difference being the all star team you listed all went to Miami. The greats that may go to the Opening didn't go to Opening University on their way to greatness.

Referring to last year's camp b/c this year has not been completed...you guys are nuts.

Ray, Sapp, Shockey, Beason, Kenny Phillips, P Buch, Najeh, Gino, Duke, Romberg, Calais Campbell, Rolle, Blades boys, and the Playmaker...

NFL U > alumni of every other cfb team combined

Advertisement

Not close with the key and most important difference being the all star team you listed all went to Miami. The greats that may go to the Opening didn't go to Opening University on their way to greatness.

But the U is also one of the only schools that can use an all alumni list and still rival the opening.

Think about this, in the last 3 decades the U has produced the best safety, the best return man and arguably the best linebacker to ever play in the NFL. Not pro bowlers, not HOF, the GOAT.

The Opening has zero to do with coaches & everything to do with the all the free **** they get.

But the U is also one of the only schools that can use an all alumni list and still rival the opening.

Think about this, in the last 3 decades the U has produced the best safety, the best return man and arguably the best linebacker to ever play in the NFL. Not pro bowlers, not HOF, the GOAT.

They didn't rival The Opening...they outdid it. Thats what he was sayin! All the clowns teling me no can kick ****** rocks.

Advertisement

They didn't rival The Opening...they outdid it. Thats what he was sayin! All the clowns teling me no can kick ****in rocks.

and would have been two GOAT safeties SMH

I think Matt Corral (5* QB from California) is coming down for paradise camp. I saw in a recent SB Nation article that said he planned to visit Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and Miami between July 13th and August 4th so I am purely guessing he would come for paradise since it falls within those dates.

This Paradise Camp will be crazy for sure, I just think once the former players start to endorse it.. Meaning seeing former players endorsing it on social media (with I'm sure some does now), BUT I saying all of them!! Miami has so many greats that have come thru, and so many more really good players as well.. I just hope it gets to a point where CMR will have to vote on the players he gets to come in and help with the event!! There are so many to pick from, it's no way they can have all those players there participating BUT we can definitely have them endorsing it..

This Paradise Camp really has the making of being a historical event for The U, because this is a time Miami can use to throw a big Hurricane reunion.. We can also get UM greats from all sports to be part of it, and maybe even use it for recruiting of other sports as well.. I really think in time, The Paradise Camp will be used in this such manner and that's when this event will become a major event for The U.. Right now it's just at the beginning stages and IT'S BIG TIME.. I just can't wait to see how they enhance it for 2018', what new things they bring to the table.. **MAYBE this year, the staff gets a few former greats to on the high diving board**

This event will change the game for CFB..

Advertisement
Back