Paradise Camp 2017 (July 21-22)

Rumph not even being able to get Campbell to visit is ridiculously disappointing. Campbell should be a layup for him.

The rest of the staff is crushing it, and he can't even come close to pulling his own weight:

16 - got beat for Byrd
17 - Bandy didn't need to be recruited, he ****ed off Henderson, and Dean/Delaney were essentially locked up by Colbert
18 - I give him credit for Ivey but Blades/Frierson are both strong legacies, and Banda is recruiting Jobe. Not being able to get one of Surtain/Campbell is just bad recruiting

He seems to be a very good coach, but college is 60% recruiting, 40% coaching. He'd be a better fit as a NFL DB coach, because he sure as **** can't close on HS kids. Kids might like him, but he's not a closer

So Mike Rumph had nothing to do with Dean, Delaney, Bandy or any other corner currently committed either to push this fake soft *** hes not a closer narrative you just made up lol hilarious... is Adrian Colbert still at Miami??

Lol still crying about Byrd like we're missing out on this great cb thats playing WR at Tennessee??

Advertisement
I never understood why people think that HS coaches have some huge influence over where kids go to school at.

And I've never understood why Miami can have the two best CB prospects in the country less than an hour away from campus but can't even get either to visit for Paradise Camp

How is it any different than any kid that lives by another big school around the country and they have zero interest in that school?

Some kids just don't want to be at the school that is closest to their home.

Rumph not even being able to get Campbell to visit is ridiculously disappointing. Campbell should be a layup for him.

The rest of the staff is crushing it, and he can't even come close to pulling his own weight:

16 - got beat for Byrd
17 - Bandy didn't need to be recruited, he ****ed off Henderson, and Dean/Delaney were essentially locked up by Colbert
18 - I give him credit for Ivey but Blades/Frierson are both strong legacies, and Banda is recruiting Jobe. Not being able to get one of Surtain/Campbell is just bad recruiting

He seems to be a very good coach, but college is 60% recruiting, 40% coaching. He'd be a better fit as a NFL DB coach, because he sure as **** can't close on HS kids. Kids might like him, but he's not a closer

So Mike Rumph had nothing to do with Dean, Delaney, Bandy or any other corner currently committed either to push this fake soft *** hes not a closer narrative you just made up lol hilarious... is Adrian Colbert still at Miami??

Lol still crying about Byrd like we're missing out on this great cb thats playing WR at Tennessee??

You really didn't understand my post. Either that or you've been living under a rock the past year

Seems like people are finally starting to see the things I've been getting called a troll for. If Campbell doesn't come to Paradise Camp then, he really has no other reason to come to campus at all. As Tweed has said, the kid has shown ZERO interest in Miami, and he's saying this after Lingard spent several days in close proximity to him.
[MENTION=9986]RattlerCane[/MENTION] I'm assuming this report that Campbell will be in Clemson the same weekend as Paradise Camp comes as a surprise to you?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never understood why people think that HS coaches have some huge influence over where kids go to school at.

Ordinarily, I would agree with this, but Rumph has been involved with this kid for a long time, and I believe the kid himself has called Rumph a mentor.

In this case, I think it's as simple as the kid wants to get away for college. That's the nature of being in this recruiting hot bed. Most of the kids would love to stay close to home. But, some of them want to get away.

Seems like people are finally starting to see the things I've been getting called a troll for. If Campbell doesn't come to Paradise Camp then, he really has no other reason to come to campus at all. As Tweed has said, the kid has shown ZERO interest in Miami, and he's saying this after Lingard spent several days in close proximity to him.

Not saying it is going to happen, but perhaps it is just a diversion for a big splash signing. All signs point elsewhere and he signe with Miami on signing day. No matter what we are in it with his relationship with Rumph.

Not saying it is going to happen, but perhaps it is just a diversion for a big splash signing. All signs point elsewhere and is sign with Miami on signing day. No matter what we are in it with his relationship with Rumph.

I think that's wishful thinking.

Pete basically assures us that Tyson will be a Cane, but no one else thinks so lol

I think you're misrepresenting what Pete has said. He's never assured us that Campbell will be a Cane. He's said that we lead, and that was quite a while ago. He hasn't said anything about Campbell for some time.

You have to ask yourself. Why would a kid that likes Miami or is going to sign with Miami never visit campus? Why would he blow off opportunities to camp at Miami and learn from his future coaches? Why would he blow off opportunities to bond with his future teammates?

Advertisement
Not saying anything, as I don't know **** about the situation, I'm just asking....if a students heart isn't here in Miami, will he ever play to his fullest potential for us?
I know there are a select few, we feel have to be " hurricanes"......at what price?
Players should be here because they're following a dream, desire, a passion..not because family members and or past coaches make them feel obligated to be here!
Would love Ty to join in this class,..but also don't want someone wearing the "U"..wishing they were in.........!
That's just my 2 cents ...happy 4th of July..you know...the day we celebrate our freedom to make our own choices!

He visited bama / osu coaches now he's visiting the defending champs. He going out of state. But it's a **** shame we can't even get him to visit.

When the offer went out to Nigel Bethel at CB, that sent the biggest message to me that Campbell wasn't a lean.

Between Blades, Ivey, Frierson, and maybe Bethel, that's a pretty **** good CB haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
People mope every week about tyson campbell on here and then pete and rattlercane enters the thread.... until one of them say we should worry then I won't. This is a recurring theme on here tbh...

Not saying anything, as I don't know **** about the situation, I'm just asking....if a students heart isn't here in Miami, will he ever play to his fullest potential for us?
I know there are a select few, we feel have to be " hurricanes"......at what price?
Players should be here because they're following a dream, desire, a passion..not because family members and or past coaches make them feel obligated to be here!
Would love Ty to join in this class,..but also don't want someone wearing the "U"..wishing they were in.........!
That's just my 2 cents ...happy 4th of July..you know...the day we celebrate our freedom to make our own choices!

I definitely agree with that one!! We have fans that just think like certain recruits belong to The U, regardless if the kid comes out and says he doesn't have any interest in Miami, some fans will say he's a must get and if we don't get him they will be bashing a certain coach for not getting him.. BUT I feel like you, if a recruit doesn't want to be a 100%er why fight for him to come here, it's very simple a recruit will show his true interest during the process and a recruiter knows if the recruit is interested or not, SO why keep showing up to a recruits door or calling him, if he shows you he ain't interested, just move on and find someone else.. BUT it's hard to do that here, because fans will say BS about the staff, HEY the recruiter knows if a player isn't interested and sometimes it's best to let it go!!

It seems that in the past Miami has been doing that, fighting for recruits that has made it clear that they don't want in.. And doing that, we lose out on recruits that really want to be here.. I definitely want talented recruits here, BUT I want the ones that really want to be here, I don't want I recruit that you have to beg or paint a pretty picture to get him here.. **Happy 4th of July-my birthday**

Advertisement
People mope every week about tyson campbell on here and then pete and rattlercane enters the thread.... until one of them say we should worry then I won't. This is a recurring theme on here tbh...

I mention this before and I'll say it again, "Who knows what school this kid (Tyson Campbell) liked or loved growing up!! Everyone think "he's a local, he should be a Miami lock", why is that?? The kid might not even like Miami, he might be in love with a whole different college or maybe have a few favorites and Miami just isn't one of them.. If the kid comes to the Paradise Camp GREAT, if not OH WELL!!

Personally, I don't think the kid grow up a big Hurricane's fan (he might've watched them) BUT I think he grow up loving other schools and from following his recruiting, that's what I get from it.. Miami was struggling in the days, these recruits come up and I think that drive a lot of the local kid's to liking other schools (like Bama, OSU, LSU, Uf, FSu, Clemson and etc. Basically teams that were WINNING)..

I mention this before and I'll say it again, "Who knows what school this kid (Tyson Campbell) liked or loved growing up!! Everyone think "he's a local, he should be a Miami lock", why is that?? The kid might not even like Miami, he might be in love with a whole different college or maybe have a few favorites and Miami just isn't one of them.. If the kid comes to the Paradise Camp GREAT, if not OH WELL!!

Personally, I don't think the kid grow up a big Hurricane's fan (he might've watched them) BUT I think he grow up loving other schools and from following his recruiting, that's what I get from it.. Miami was struggling in the days, these recruits come up and I think that drive a lot of the local kid's to liking other schools (like Bama, OSU, LSU, Uf, FSu, Clemson and etc. Basically teams that were WINNING)..

His family are miami fans

Advertisement
Back