Owens Possibly Starting?

Advertisement
A healthy owens would start over a true frosh LB but he don't play healthy and Pinkney aint no true frosh LB. I liked owens potential but a piece of him was lost w/ his knee tendons

None of us know what this kid can truly do I love Pinckney but highlights for highlights Owens coming out was just a savage and I'm gonna go with shaqs pops who has no reason to be biased them man thinks the kid is better then his son possibly so that's saying something but y'all continue to kill the kid because he was coming off a major knee injury first season back but he's getting better now so let's wait to pass judgment on him and at the worst competition brings out the best in everyone

I remember Shaq's dad even said a healthy owens would be starting

He likes Owens because he's friends with him for years. Owens isn't anywhere near Pinckney's league as a football player. He's better in the weight room and getting off the airplane. But that's it.

Owens is a Tarzan guy since he got here. Never made that many plays on the football field in HS or here even before he got hurt.

Hopefully with Diaz coaching him at LB he'll get that bully in him and start playing like his measurables suggest he should.

Owens looked good during games even while playing for Golden. Looks 1/3rd of himself since getting injured

No he didn't. He's never played football anywhere near the level of his physical capabilities. That's why Diaz said he wants to get him to start playing like the big guy he is. He wants him to play like a bully which is something he's never done.

Owens as a RS Junior has two years experience on the Bermuda Triangle and just as much talent IMHO. His problem was his knee. We saw what Young was able to do before being booted from the team, #2 in tackles after Grace, I believe, maybe #3 . Owens was better than Young before that knee injury, and still looked gimpy in the bowl game 3 months ago.

D$ said Owens was not 100% earlier this week. But from reading about his recent progress, it looks promising he will be close to 100% by August. He's got 4+ months to regain his mojo. Then let's have the discussion on who should start. I hope and expect that they will battle it out all year for snaps.
We also saw Young get passed on the depth chart by a bunch of true freshmans LB who were here for a few weeks before he got kicked out. Young was awful. Owens has never been a productive football player. People got sucked in by his measurables.

Advertisement
The demise of Owens has been somewhat exaggerated. Considering the injury he came back from I thought he performed reasonably well. He hasn't made many plays but has really only had one season to showcase his talents. I'm not expecting him to start over Pinckney because that's heinous but he's our best backup LB.

Advertisement
Bottom line is, Owens was not fully recovered last year. We will get a better version of him this year.

Hopefully, he will have recovered enough so that it becomes an effective part of the rotation. We need that.

Advertisement
Owens as a RS Junior has two years experience on the Bermuda Triangle and just as much talent IMHO. His problem was his knee. We saw what Young was able to do before being booted from the team, #2 in tackles after Grace, I believe, maybe #3 . Owens was better than Young before that knee injury, and still looked gimpy in the bowl game 3 months ago.

D$ said Owens was not 100% earlier this week. But from reading about his recent progress, it looks promising he will be close to 100% by August. He's got 4+ months to regain his mojo. Then let's have the discussion on who should start. I hope and expect that they will battle it out all year for snaps.
We also saw Young get passed on the depth chart by a bunch of true freshmans LB who were here for a few weeks before he got kicked out. Young was awful. Owens has never been a productive football player. People got sucked in by his measurables.

Agree to disagree. IMO, Young was already in the doghouse. I don't think any of our TFs would have started if Ferrari-gate had blown over and Owens were healthy. Grace, Owens and Young all had talent. The knock on Young was he was out of position too much, and we saw even more of that from McCloud. That's taking nothing away from the Bermuda Triangle. I love all of those guys to, they're just younger.

Anyway, it's an alternate reality now, so wtf knows. I am a believer in D Owens and hope he recovers to 100% and shows out. Will only make our team stronger if so.

[video=youtube_share;-Kpps2ysrFQ]https://youtu.be/-Kpps2ysrFQ[/video]
#56Nightmares

Michael Pinckney was the 2nd best LB on our team last year...

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;-Kpps2ysrFQ]https://youtu.be/-Kpps2ysrFQ[/video]
#56Nightmares

Michael Pinckney was the 2nd best LB on our team last year...

That practice stuff and mat drills and swinging dumbbells is all fine and dandy. But give me the dog who kills the other team on the football field.
Yep.

We will definitely have better depth this year, though that ain't saying muchz

Smith, Owens, and Gordo isn't a decent 2nd team. I expect Finley there as well (rok confirmed it). Got some playmaking freshmen coming in.

Definitely looking better this year than last.

Advertisement
Back