Out of the box candidates

Mark Hudspeth

I was on the fence with him but we can do better. I've been following since the start of the year and that loss to App State was pretty bad. I respect what he did but I think we can do better than Hudspeth.

While this will certainly endear him to this board, he has Petrino-esq baggage involving a cheerleader. I've been told by someone that represents dozens of elite college football coaches, and who has been following the Miami situation closely, that Hudspeth will not be considered.

What about Kirby Smart?

Advertisement
So many people havent learned their lessons about green, young, inexperienced, unproven coaches. No coordinators or small school coaches that havent won anything.

Honestly besides Cristobal leaving to Alabama for 500K what are people's beef with him?

He's a chitty coach.

Why? Not trying to be a **** but really asking? He proved to be great at FIU despite a ****ty admin

1. No he didn't

2. He's an offensive line coach at Alabama. Not even a coordinator. A friggin offensive line coach. UM can do better.

3. He has no experience running a major program in a major conference

Advertisement
Honestly besides Cristobal leaving to Alabama for 500K what are people's beef with him?

He's a chitty coach.

Why? Not trying to be a **** but really asking? He proved to be great at FIU despite a ****ty admin

1. No he didn't

2. He's an offensive line coach at Alabama. Not even a coordinator. A friggin offensive line coach. UM can do better.

But mans can recruit.

He's a chitty coach.

1. No he didn't

But mans can recruit.

LOL

He's a chitty coach.

1. No he didn't

But mans can recruit.

LOL

Fair enough I just wanted to hear the argument....honestly I think he could do a good job cuz he knows this program so well and knows what it takes

Advertisement
First call goes to Schiano if we lose to Pitt. I know some may not like that, but I think he could win here.

What is the sales pitch on Schiano? I've only really seen people complain about him.

Coached here and knows and is respected in south florida. Would bring an aggressive 4/3 defense that fits the talent and kids would want to play in.

What about Doug Marrone? He's been all over the college landscape, been an offensive line coach and then and oc and finally a head coach in the NFL. Was the OC in New Orleans the year they went to Chicago in the NFC championship I believe. Got the Syracuse job, won there and was a pretty good recruiter given he was a Syracuse. In Buffalo now and with a new ownership may be on his way out regardless of how they finish up. Uses a prostyle offense and prefers the 4-3 defense...just a thought on a out of the box candidate.

What about Doug Marrone? He's been all over the college landscape, been an offensive line coach and then and oc and finally a head coach in the NFL. Was the OC in New Orleans the year they went to Chicago in the NFC championship I believe. Got the Syracuse job, won there and was a pretty good recruiter given he was a Syracuse. In Buffalo now and with a new ownership may be on his way out regardless of how they finish up. Uses a prostyle offense and prefers the 4-3 defense...just a thought on a out of the box candidate.

You are now saying that Miami could lure away an NFL head coach??? Even so he knows nothing of South Florida

1. No he didn't

But mans can recruit.

LOL

Fair enough I just wanted to hear the argument....honestly I think he could do a good job cuz he knows this program so well and knows what it takes

Maybe one day, but he's not ready. I would honestly rather hire Lane Kiffin and he can bring Mario in with him as an OC or something.

Advertisement

You are now saying that Miami could lure away an NFL head coach??? Even so he knows nothing of South Florida

Neither did Jimmy Johnson. It's not a bad suggestion actually.

What I'm saying is he's two years removed from the ACC, Buffalo is under new ownership, and Miami may look more enticing then a gig as a positional coach in the NFL.

He's a chitty coach.

Final year at FIU was bad. Not a good HC, not even a decent one. Not a good coordinator. I would never consider him and if he never was apart of UM, you wouldn't either.

Advertisement

Ditto Dennis Erickson. I wouldn't mind this.

Again Buffalo isn't exactly struggling right now...Marrone seems like he is there to stay

I would take him but he isn't getting fired.

Again Buffalo isn't exactly struggling right now...Marrone seems like he is there to stay

New ownership and they were 4-2 and just had a breakdown fell to 5-5. They won against the Jets yesterday for the second time. They aren't really succeeding either right now. But a new ownership group means that his status is up in the air regardless of the rest of the season. I'm not saying he'll be gone but its a 50-50 chance at best he's back next year.

Advertisement
Back