Out of the box candidates

Advertisement
Honestly besides Cristobal leaving to Alabama for 500K what are people's beef with him?

He's done nothing of note as a HC.

Lol, exactly. He has struggled as HC, he's not a coordinator, but other than that - hey, he's great!

UM fans are like more retarded versions of Michigan fans. If they see a dude who played at or coached at UM in the past he's automatically a great candidate in their feeble minds.

I'll get excited and play this game as soon as the vacancy sign starts to illuminate. Until then...its a moot point.

If you insist on playing Jeopardy, try "new defensive coordinater for $500, Alex" because that probably the best we can hope for at the moment.

Butch would be the best hire, but what about Lance Leipold Wisconsin-Whitewater? I know DIII but guy is a winner. Some DI school will eventually give him a shot why not UM.

How about broderick fobbs he coaches grambling took over for the greatest coach in college athletic eddie robinson, he is a great man a great leader and gameday coach would be a good fit

Advertisement
Didn't read through if anyone mentioned this name, but any shot at Dan Quinn, defensive coordinator for the Seahawks? This article had me convinced, but he's likely to get an NFL head coaching gig

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/06/dan-quinn-seattle-seahawks/

-Exceptional DL coach
-DC for UF under Muschamp
-open minded when it comes to scheme and utilizing personnel

Bennett signed on for one year, and Quinn delivered. He moved the 6-4, 274-pounder, undrafted in 2009, from end to tackle in nickel packages, and a year later the Seahawks rewarded his 8.5-sack season with a $28.5 million commitment.

“He’s not married to a scheme; he wants you to grow,” Bennett says of Quinn. “He changes with the players."

With CMR starting to leave large brown stains on the sheets, though it would be cathartic to see other candidates we nominated here on CIS almost TWO years ago...We have the current Gator HC here, the current Dolphins HC here and, of course, Butch.

Glad to see my mocked choice (Ken Niumatalolo) beat all-universe Tom Herman at home and saddened that I was right about Miami deficiences back then...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back