Out of the box candidates

Advertisement
What about Gary Pinkel at Mizzou? Has a solid defense and not afraid to change his offense to meet what he has on the roster. If he beats Arkansas he will be in back to back SEC championship games and SEC east champs. Does more with less.

that dude can flat-out coach. no question about it. not sure about his recruiting ability, and he is 62, but he is a top-flight coach.

i grew up in missouri and i am a huge tiger fan. Gary Pinkel would be an awesome coach down down at the U but I doubt he would ever leave Mizzou. He's had opportunities before and he didnt take them. Plus I cringe at the thought of us running a spread attack. I want someone who will run a pro style offense. My personal favorite is Mark Dantonio. Dantonio would tear **** up at miami. His toughness as well as his scheme would be great with SoFla athletes

Last edited:
Jerry Kill. Guy can coach if he is not having a seizure...He would bring some major toughness down here.

Advertisement
How about the guy from North Dakota State - Chris Klieman? Dude is getting it done against bigger schools. Was some buzz earlier this year about him when they beat Iowa State.

Honestly we need to hire a sure fire guy, cant take those out of the box guys, this hire will either put us back into a top tier or put us back another 4-5 years

How about the guy from North Dakota State - Chris Klieman? Dude is getting it done against bigger schools. Was some buzz earlier this year about him when they beat Iowa State.

He is in his first year there and the previous NDSU coach who won back to back ships went to.......Wyoming

Advertisement
This thread made me realize that we simply cannot hire any sort of under the radar guy. It NEEDS to be a slam dunk.

From an earlier post I made:

What are Miami's Problems that a new HC needs to address?

1. Players thrown under the bus who react (as expected) to the undo criticism with a "why should I care" attitude

2. Consistent weakness recruiting DTs and OL personnel

3. Poor teaching of players, i.e. development and on-field discipline

All I see is the same tired names being put out. Butch will be untouchable as Marky Mark Emmert and his Funky Bunch are forced to re-investigate UNC.

How about some out of the box thinking:

Ken Niumatalolo, Navy's HC

1. Knows how to treat his players like men and not as excuses

2. South Florida not a consistent producer of nasty DTs or dominating OLs. How about a Samoan pipeline as oppossed to the stinking Jersey pipeline

3. Navy has consistently competed with top programs on the field because their players are well-coached and disciplined. Imagine what this guy could do with some talented players?

Recruiting? Fine, Keep Coley, Ice and Carroll on the staff for South Florida and West Coast, but Niumatalolo has recruited nationally at Navy. Imagine what he could do without the service commitment negative working against him. Coley could handle offense (modified by losing the rhythm-killing "check with me" BS) with some drive saving triple attack elements (can't hurt at RB []_[]). Get a good DC who runs an attacking scheme which would suit the DTs and LB Niumatalolo will get to play for him from half way around the world, but acclimatized neverthless.

Look, Jimmy was a competitive coach at Okie State who couldn't win the big games because of the talent disparity. He solved this at Miami. Niumatalolo has been competitive against Power 5 and has even won some games with the equivelent of one and two stars. The Admin will be orgasmic at his grad rate and Miami gets a guy who knows he has topped out at his present gig (they didn't win the C of C trophy and Army is no competition, so he may be getting bored)

UM needs to think out of the box again like in the Coach L hire...

From an earlier post I made:

What are Miami's Problems that a new HC needs to address?

1. Players thrown under the bus who react (as expected) to the undo criticism with a "why should I care" attitude

2. Consistent weakness recruiting DTs and OL personnel

3. Poor teaching of players, i.e. development and on-field discipline

All I see is the same tired names being put out. Butch will be untouchable as Marky Mark Emmert and his Funky Bunch are forced to re-investigate UNC.

How about some out of the box thinking:

Ken Niumatalolo, Navy's HC

1. Knows how to treat his players like men and not as excuses

2. South Florida not a consistent producer of nasty DTs or dominating OLs. How about a Samoan pipeline as oppossed to the stinking Jersey pipeline

3. Navy has consistently competed with top programs on the field because their players are well-coached and disciplined. Imagine what this guy could do with some talented players?

Recruiting? Fine, Keep Coley, Ice and Carroll on the staff for South Florida and West Coast, but Niumatalolo has recruited nationally at Navy. Imagine what he could do without the service commitment negative working against him. Coley could handle offense (modified by losing the rhythm-killing "check with me" BS) with some drive saving triple attack elements (can't hurt at RB []_[]). Get a good DC who runs an attacking scheme which would suit the DTs and LB Niumatalolo will get to play for him from half way around the world, but acclimatized neverthless.

Look, Jimmy was a competitive coach at Okie State who couldn't win the big games because of the talent disparity. He solved this at Miami. Niumatalolo has been competitive against Power 5 and has even won some games with the equivelent of one and two stars. The Admin will be orgasmic at his grad rate and Miami gets a guy who knows he has topped out at his present gig (they didn't win the C of C trophy and Army is no competition, so he may be getting bored)

UM needs to think out of the box again like in the Coach L hire...

giphy (12).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
First call goes to Schiano if we lose to Pitt. I know some may not like that, but I think he could win here.

What is the sales pitch on Schiano? I've only really seen people complain about him.

He has ties to Miami from back when he was a DC under Butch and he made Rutgers respectable.

Didnt we say the same with golden and what he did at temple

I'm not saying I want him, guy asked why his name keeps being brought up.

From the article I read yesterday it does sound like he's taken the year off to reinvent himself.

Advertisement
Back