Out of the box candidates

I read that article about the Coastal Carolina coach that Lu posted. I can appreciate what he's doing but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with a guy that radical.

I wouldn't expect it and don't think it's necessary. I was just using an example of the type of thinking I believe would be wildly successful here. You can always have a local guy or two, like Ice Harris and Hurlie, etc., on board. But, what kids truly want to hear, and this is directly from what I've heard them say, is that you can put them in a position to ball out and get money. It's not a super complicated formula. Some luck is involved in terms of culture fit. If we continue to hire non-aggresive, non-forward thinking (in terms of football) guys, we'll continue to get the same results.

Advertisement
Lol at all these threads about potential HC's, you know **** well Alfred isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Slow day?

Phillip Montgomery, Baylor's OC.

I honestly feel that we have to give a coordinator a chance unless we want a retread of someone who's been at Miami before (which I simply don't). I also feel like this guy is ready to take the next step and be a HC.

I think if you get Montgomery, let him fill in the offensive staff the way he wants, and go out and spend some money on a high quality DC for him...it would be nice.

Now my ideal/unrealistic pick is Mike Leach w/Orgeron as DC...at least we'd have some balls on both sides of the football.

Mike Leach, no thanks.

Again, how do we know how much is Montgomery and how much is Briles? We would be hiring a first time HC (Montgomery) and we're unsure if he is control of the offense.

Advertisement
tHE ONE DOOD THAT WOULD PUT US BACK ON THE MAP AND SCARE **** OUT OF jIMBO IS STEVE SPURRIER. SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

I read that article about the Coastal Carolina coach that Lu posted. I can appreciate what he's doing but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with a guy that radical.

I wouldn't expect it and don't think it's necessary. I was just using an example of the type of thinking I believe would be wildly successful here. You can always have a local guy or two, like Ice Harris and Hurlie, etc., on board. But, what kids truly want to hear, and this is directly from what I've heard them say, is that you can put them in a position to ball out and get money. It's not a super complicated formula. Some luck is involved in terms of culture fit. If we continue to hire non-aggresive, non-forward thinking (in terms of football) guys, we'll continue to get the same results.

Do you think it would help to have an uptempo spread offense. I have always been a proponent of the prostyle offense, but man Florida is loaded with skill position players and we could have one scary offense.

Advertisement
Uptempo spread offenses directly correlate to poor defenses. It's a proven fact that the longer you control the ball, and the better your rushing offense is, the better your defense will be. I want to win championships, not put up cool stats against **** teams.

And for the moron who said to bring in a coordinator or Leach: please hang yourself. Leach is 2-8, one of the worst records in FBS. He's an atrocious coach.

Jim Mcelwain came from Saban is a great recruiter and putting guys in the NFL since he got there they are 10-1.... U keep the o staff and remake the D staff we are instant contenders

Mark Hudspeth

I was on the fence with him but we can do better. I've been following since the start of the year and that loss to App State was pretty bad. I respect what he did but I think we can do better than Hudspeth.

While this will certainly endear him to this board, he has Petrino-esq baggage involving a cheerleader. I've been told by someone that represents dozens of elite college football coaches, and who has been following the Miami situation closely, that Hudspeth will not be considered.

Do you think it would help to have an uptempo spread offense. I have always been a proponent of the prostyle offense, but man Florida is loaded with skill position players and we could have one scary offense.

No, in fact I would have such a hard time even rooting for UM while we were running a spread offense.. that's how much I hate that crap.

kids want to get ready for the NFL, that's all there is to it.

**** I remember being a kid and playing NCAA football 2002 on xbox and I started running a spread one year and it was like my picks on recruiting dropped off the planet. I had Miami literally on a 46-0 win streak and watched the interest in my program drop in half within one year of putting in a spread offense.

and that's just a video game, and now wiser I can clearly understood why

which is another reason why I say **** no to rich rodriguez

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mark Hudspeth

I was on the fence with him but we can do better. I've been following since the start of the year and that loss to App State was pretty bad. I respect what he did but I think we can do better than Hudspeth.

While this will certainly endear him to this board, he has Petrino-esq baggage involving a cheerleader. I've been told by someone that represents dozens of elite college football coaches, and who has been following the Miami situation closely, that Hudspeth will not be considered.

I'm going to do what the Miami media never does and ask the follow up question...who does this mystery source think WOULD be considered?

No, in fact I would have such a hard time even rooting for UM while we were running a spread offense.. that's how much I hate that crap.

**** I remember being a kid and playing NCAA football 2002 on xbox and I started running a spread one year and it was like my picks on recruiting dropped off the planet. I had Miami literally on a 46-0 win streak and watched the interest in my program drop in half within one year of putting in a spread offense.

I wouldn't want the spread either. We would score too many points too quickly.

Mark Hudspeth

I'm going to do what the Miami media never does and ask the follow up question...who does this mystery source think WOULD be considered?

The name mentioned most is Schiano because he absolutely wants the job. Rich Rod was another named mentioned. Was told back around the GTech game that Chud had zero interest but I haven't followed up.

As a caveat, if we win the Pitt game, he doesn't think Golden is gone. Only a slim chance he would be fired after whatever **** bowl we end up in.

Advertisement

I wouldn't want the spread either. We would score too many points too quickly.

how'd that work out with urban meyer after tebow left? "i wanna spend time with my family" a year later bails and heads to ohio state

there's all sorts of examples of this year in and year and the best one to point at is alabama, top recruits, top program, no spread offense... why?

why is it the same thing at florida state?

personally I would never want to play in a spread offense as a recruit, ESPECIALLY as a QB

Tebow is probably the greatest all time college player ever considering accolades, record, margin of victory. He won the heisman, was in the running again, has 2 national championship rings... and absolutely god almighty does that man suck. He's a perfect example of how that system does not prepare you for the pros

One thing I have absolutely hated about the jacksonville jaguars is the fact that for a long time they kept drafting sh*tty @ss UF players that have never panned out that played in that system.

Out of the box candidate? I would make Bob Stoops say no. He hasn't won a title since 2000 and I think he is realizing he will have a hard time beating the SEC with the talent he gets at OU. At UM, he would clean up SF recruiting and have a stacked team. Who knows, maybe he feels like he has done all he can at OU and is ready for a change.

And don't tell me we can't afford him. He would win immediately and the bump in attendance would go a long way toward making up the difference between him and Al

which is another reason why I say **** no to rich rodriguez

Did you really just use the simulation mechanics on a 12 year old video game as an argument against the most popular offensive system in existence today?

I wouldn't expect it and don't think it's necessary. I was just using an example of the type of thinking I believe would be wildly successful here. You can always have a local guy or two, like Ice Harris and Hurlie, etc., on board. But, what kids truly want to hear, and this is directly from what I've heard them say, is that you can put them in a position to ball out and get money. It's not a super complicated formula. Some luck is involved in terms of culture fit. If we continue to hire non-aggresive, non-forward thinking (in terms of football) guys, we'll continue to get the same results.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it would help to have an uptempo spread offense. I have always been a proponent of the prostyle offense, but man Florida is loaded with skill position players and we could have one scary offense.[/QUOTE]

and that's just a video game, and now wiser I can clearly understood why[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want the spread either. We would score too many points too quickly.[/QUOTE]

how'd that work out with urban meyer after tebow left? "i wanna spend time with my family" a year later bails and heads to ohio state

there's all sorts of examples of this year in and year and the best one to point at is alabama, top recruits, top program, no spread offense... why?

why is it the same thing at florida state?

personally I would never want to play in a spread offense as a recruit, ESPECIALLY as a QB

Tebow is probably the greatest all time college player ever considering accolades, record, margin of victory. He won the heisman, was in the running again, has 2 national championship rings... and absolutely god almighty does that man suck. He's a perfect example of how that system does not prepare you for the pros

One thing I have absolutely hated about the jacksonville jaguars is the fact that for a long time they kept drafting sh*tty @ss UF players that have never panned out that played in that system.[/QUOTE]

166.jpg

Advertisement
Back