OT: UGA Baseball Player Dismissed for Slurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you need to be intellectually honest for that to happen. The BS argument that rappers use it all the time is weak. Context is everything.
Correct. While it may be the same word, the way it's used by a rapper and they way it was used by this scumbag are not similar at all.

Reactions: OCC
Advertisement
They should punish him by making him transfer to Miami to learn from our lousy hitting coach.

Yeah I cannot cosign that. When I was a child and came from Jamaica and lived in the hood in Fort Lauderdale, and then moved to Coral Springs when it was pretty much all white people.(mostly Jews) I can easily say they were the friendliest people I'd ever met in life. They were definitely not racist and I have plenty of friends that I grew up with to this day that always from day one treated me like family. Thats a BS generalization.
If you don’t believe racism/prejudice exist in every pocket/state in America idk wnat to tell you bro. And I’m not generalizing that EVERY white person is a racist. Absolutely not. I’m just stating the fact that It don’t matter exactly which state or region it can and does exist anywhere in the This nation . I’m glad you’ve never had to be put in a situation in south Florida where you’ve experienced it tho. I have on multiple occasions.

Yeah I cannot cosign that. When I was a child and came from Jamaica and lived in the hood in Fort Lauderdale, and then moved to Coral Springs when it was pretty much all white people.(mostly Jews) I can easily say they were the friendliest people I'd ever met in life. They were definitely not racist and I have plenty of friends that I grew up with to this day that always from day one treated me like family. Thats a BS generalization.
Its funny you say that because i feel like the whiter more secluded parts are more likely to be less racist as compared to places like parts of FL where they do come in contact minorities.

I don't think all white people are racist but alot of them are, they feel threatened by minorities and look at demographic movement and are freaked out, which is the main driver behind the orange one.

Well, you need to be intellectually honest for that to happen. The BS argument that rappers use it all the time is weak. Context is everything.
If you're not some racist clown or some punk kid trying to be kool you have no reason to worry if black people wanna use any word to refer to each other period. White people know why the word was created, they know how and why black people use their version of it. They don't need an explanation. Same argument they use to tell u slavery ended 300 years ago, but they stil had Jim Crow and Martin Luther King was still there marching in the 60s and there are people alive who went through that.

Advertisement
I'd like to take a poll. Percentage of white people that are racist?
Percentage of Black people that are racist?
Percentage of Latino's that are racist?
Toxic?...It’s a reality bruh. If you wanna live in your cherry pie world and pretend these issues don’t exist around you, well, okay. If you feel uncomfortable when the issue is raised, I’m sorry....ain’t nobody saying “racism” doesn’t exist across racial lines. To me personally I’ve graduated from caring what predjudice someone has about cause of my skin and how I carry myself. But **** I’m not gonna pretend it doesn’t exist. The “toxic” racial climate in the country was formed by one majority. We know which majority that is. It’s crazy how some point to the minorities in this and their generational reaction to the history of racism in this nation as part of the problem

Why are some of y’all uncomfortable with this topic..but when a south fla recruit picks one of these sec schools y’all call them a sell out. Or bring up the racism that exist in Talley or Gainesville. This thread back n forth has been more civil than any pertaining to Rosier. But y’all want the mods to shut it down lol

No place in this country for that word? I agree! Yet - I hear African Americans say this word everyday. The hypocrisy is absurd. Jay-Z can create an album, drop that word 50 times and make a million dollars - but this kid gets kicked out of school and off his scholarship. We have to be able to have honest conversations about this and not default to bankrupt morals that are logically flawed from the start.
😂😂😂 how about to you look at the history and evolution of that word with the American, then the black community..this is like not understanding the diff from a group of female friends who refer to themselves as ***** or hoe against how it comes off if a man does or another female in a diff context..a 12 year old understands the diff..I take it your an adult. You should know the diff by now

😂😂😂 how about to you look at the history and evolution of that word with the American, then the black community..this is like not understanding the diff from a group of female friends who refer to themselves as ***** or hoe against how it comes off if a man does or another female in a diff context..a 12 year old understands the diff..I take it your an adult. You should know the diff by now

I understand the moral context here. What I disagree with is UGA setting a dangerous precedent and making descions off that moral context and not respecting someone's civil liberties.

Advertisement
I understand the moral context here. What I disagree with is UGA setting a dangerous precedent and making descions off that moral context and not respecting someone's civil liberties.
Oh I agree! I don’t think the kid should be kicked out. UNLESS he has a history of this and becomes a issue within that student body. Which it seems both are true. But other than that my view on prejudice and racism in this country is unless you tryna institutionalize it or affect my money or my family with it, idgaf. The KKK can have they secluded rally meeting all they want. But they’ll never come to my part of broward with BS

He has a right to say that. The school or team has the right to have a code of conduct and dismiss him.

He doesn’t have a right to suffer no consequences. He knew what he was doing.

He wouldn’t come down to some of the neighborhoods down here and say that, I guarantee it. So he felt emboldened to say that. Because it’s that SEC environment. I can guarantee that at most SEC schools, maybe with the exception of Vanderbilt, that word is uttered on a frequent basis by the fans watching in the stadium.

Agree 100%.

Advertisement
Always the victim.

That’s not what he saying bruh. U can’t kick a kid out of school for a 1st offense like this. It’s a terrible precedent. If they do what’s to stop then from kicking out half the football or basketball team for the use of that word. In the same context or not. Now how the baseball team handles it is up to them

That’s not what he saying bruh. U can’t kick a kid out of school for a 1st offense like this. It’s a terrible precedent. If they do what’s to stop then from kicking out half the football or basketball team for the use of that word. In the same context or not. Now how the baseball team handles it is up to them

He wasn’t kicked out of school, but keep pearl clutching for the racist douche bag.

Advertisement
Tony perps..bruh do ya self a favor and hit that upgrade button under settings for your reading comprehensive skills

Attachments

• 945D80DB-F399-41FE-8DA1-3C58B17B2CA8.jpeg
    945D80DB-F399-41FE-8DA1-3C58B17B2CA8.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back