OT: UGA Baseball Player Dismissed for Slurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Would take a lot of 8 year old kids to do that. xD

He was 8. He was a boy. I don't regret saying it. If he was 22, someone might have a point. But they don't. Because hes a boy.

LOL. Man did you not watch Good Times back in the day?!!

Advertisement
**** South Carolina sticking to that rep of bringing in active shooters (this time shot 7 cops and killed one) alive. Lol #Merica****yeah

Just throwing a wrench in. Don’t mind me

I understand the moral context here. What I disagree with is UGA setting a dangerous precedent and making descions off that moral context and not respecting someone's civil liberties.

nah...The civil liberties argument is a non-starter.

Hate speech won't be tolerated at federally funded institutions of higher education, and the ramifications for using such language are clearly outlined in the student code of conduct.

UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA

NON-DISCRIMINATION AND ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY

The University of Georgia (“the University”) is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work and study. To that end, and in accordance with federal and state law, University System of Georgia policy, and University policy, the University prohibits harassment of or because of race, color, *** (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status by any member of the University Community (as defined below) on campus, in connection with a University program or activity, or in a manner that creates a hostile environment for any member of the University Community. Incidents of harassment and discrimination will be met with appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal or expulsion from the University.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There should not be a double standard on the word.

If blacks can say it, everyone can say it.

What you 'intend' the mean the word as should not matter a ****.

I can my friend an a-hole, and totally mean it in a good way, I call someone an a-hole, I could get my *** beat.

A-hole is a-hole.

N word is n word.

And frankly, I tire of hearing how people are 'offended'. You know how many times I heard, "**** you cracka. **** you white bread. **** you white boy." working in Liberty City as a medic?

You think I cared? And you know why I didn't? Because I was a grown man who didn't give one good god****. I didn't have the maturity of an eight year old when someone uses racial insults.

I'll tell you a quick story. In my 20s, when I wasn't working, I was a volunteer for a martial arts program that was state funded so that youths could stay out of trouble. We had all kinds of students, and one of them was an 8 year old black kid. He worked hard, athletically gifted, but he slacked off in school.

So, one day, it was progress report day, and during warmups I would go around, quietly asking how they were doing. I came up to him, and asked him how he was doing in school, and he hung his head down.

I said, "Didn't do too well, huh?"

He said, "No sir, I didn't."

I patted him on the back and said, "Boy, you have to study hard in school. Martial Arts is not just about physically strong, its about being mentally strong. This time around, will you try your best?

Head hung low again "I'll try my best."

"Thats all that we ask. Otherwise, we can't keep training you if you slack off, okay?"

"Okay, Mr. Tommy."

After that class I didn't see him. A week later, I didn't see him again. The parent came by to pick up his gear. I asked what happened to him, she wouldn't say anything at first.

Finally, because I was curious, and because he was a good student, I asked her when he was coming back, she told me, "Hes not coming back."

I asked, "Why, Mrs. *******, he was doing well here."

She said, "You don't even know, do you? You don't remember calling my son 'boy'? Like he was some sort of slave and you're the slave master?"

My face went pale, then flushed in anger.

I politely informed her (really, I did), that I was often called 'boy' as a term of endearment in my family when I was messing up and needed to correct the behavior.

I then informed her politely that I was sorry about any misunderstanding about calling her boy a boy, and that if she truly felt that way, I would leave the program so her child would not be punished for something *I* supposedly did.

Thats when the main instructor came over and asked what was going on. After talking with her for five minutes, she agreed to bring her son back.

I got a "Just be careful what you say Tom. No big deal."

It ****ed me off for the rest of the week.

Thats one of the many reasons why I really don't give a **** about PC language.

Acta non verba

Right, but despite your best intentions you unknowingly said something that was offensive and remain insensitive about it. You don't ever have to agree with the inflammatory nature of certain speech by certain individuals, but you're accountable for the environment such speech can create in the wrong circumstances. So as long as you're around people who look and think just like you it'll probably be okay.

Last edited:
Black unemployment blah blah blah. It was on a steady downward trend under Obama and it continues. There are people left who can actually read. If Orange sped it up, great but this economic platform was created by Obama. And Obama last 15 months, created more job than Orange first 15. You can quote all the stats and whatever, i can quote some too. This man is a threat to my existence as a person who is not white. Fine ***** and all that. And one thing you will never ever get me to get over was him and alot of his followers perpetrating a vicious lie that Obama was not born in America and he was sending people to investigate and all that which is how he got to politics.
jesus man, black white red yellow or whatever obama absolutely sucked as president, and if the hildabeast had been elected we would prolly be speaking russian by now. When it comes to this country, there is no color, except red white and blue, obama didnt give a flyin F about America. Trump is not a politician, he's a business man, and that imo is exactly what we needed, any negotiations will now be done with America's best interest in mind, not by how much money will i get under the table, and i happen to like that idea. If you go back and look at some of the deals made in the past you would think a 3rd grader negotiated it, we got the ****** end of every single one, and i mean bigtime. You can only sustain doing bad deal after bad deal for so long, bama did so much crap under the table it was pathetic. You think for 1 minute those pallets of cash would have ever been mentioned if not for the video being exposed, and do you even realize that was given to a country that all they dream about is killing Americans. I loved how boma explained that one, well we owed it to them from a past deal, WTF, F them, we needed a guy right there with balls enough to tell them to F off, come and take it from us. You think that crazy ******* in n korea would back down to boma, **** no he would have stuck it up his puny little *** and you know what, boma would have stood still and let him. You think putin was the least bit concerned about boma, he considered him a weakness, and he was dead on, ask someone thats been in the military for years, he was basically disarming our military. I dont give a **** who the POTUS is, democrat, republican, neutral, whatever, just have a set of balls and stand up for our country, dont let all these other countries run all over us, F them, they can kiss our ***, it's basically the same mentality that made The Miami Hurricanes great, and seperated them from the rest of cfb, they had the balls to stand up and say F yall cfb establishment we're doin it our way so step aside. Sorry for the rant guys but i am a RED BLOODED AMERICAN thats tired of pussyfootin around with these other countries that take our money then try to kill us

jesus man, black white red yellow or whatever obama absolutely sucked as president, and if the hildabeast had been elected we would prolly be speaking russian by now. When it comes to this country, there is no color, except red white and blue, obama didnt give a flyin F about America. Trump is not a politician, he's a business man, and that imo is exactly what we needed, any negotiations will now be done with America's best interest in mind, not by how much money will i get under the table, and i happen to like that idea. If you go back and look at some of the deals made in the past you would think a 3rd grader negotiated it, we got the ****** end of every single one, and i mean bigtime. You can only sustain doing bad deal after bad deal for so long, bama did so much crap under the table it was pathetic. You think for 1 minute those pallets of cash would have ever been mentioned if not for the video being exposed, and do you even realize that was given to a country that all they dream about is killing Americans. I loved how boma explained that one, well we owed it to them from a past deal, WTF, F them, we needed a guy right there with balls enough to tell them to F off, come and take it from us. You think that crazy ******* in n korea would back down to boma, **** no he would have stuck it up his puny little *** and you know what, boma would have stood still and let him. You think putin was the least bit concerned about boma, he considered him a weakness, and he was dead on, ask someone thats been in the military for years, he was basically disarming our military. I dont give a **** who the POTUS is, democrat, republican, neutral, whatever, just have a set of balls and stand up for our country, dont let all these other countries run all over us, F them, they can kiss our ***, it's basically the same mentality that made The Miami Hurricanes great, and seperated them from the rest of cfb, they had the balls to stand up and say F yall cfb establishment we're doin it our way so step aside. Sorry for the rant guys but i am a RED BLOODED AMERICAN thats tired of pussyfootin around with these other countries that take our money then try to kill us

Mods???

Advertisement
No place in this country for that word? I agree! Yet - I hear African Americans say this word everyday. The hypocrisy is absurd. Jay-Z can create an album, drop that word 50 times and make a million dollars - but this kid gets kicked out of school and off his scholarship. We have to be able to have honest conversations about this and not default to bankrupt morals that are logically flawed from the start.
Give me a break, we've read your posts.

You don't even know what the definition of morality is.

No place in this country for that word? I agree! Yet - I hear African Americans say this word everyday. The hypocrisy is absurd. Jay-Z can create an album, drop that word 50 times and make a million dollars - but this kid gets kicked out of school and off his scholarship. We have to be able to have honest conversations about this and not default to bankrupt morals that are logically flawed from the start.

Guess what? Vin Diesel can make a million dollars threatening people in his movies, but if a student goes around threatening people in school he will be kicked out of school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back