OT: UGA Baseball Player Dismissed for Slurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unfortunate. While the comment was dumb, it's his right as an American to say that.

Advertisement
For Miami being one of the biggest melting pots in the world, it gets pretty rascist down here too, I've dealt with it...

Wonder if this is what hasel and TY got a little turned off by...

They need to come down to Miami they don’t need that BS

Advertisement
Culture in a lot of pockets of America. The whiter the population the more embolden they feel to express it
Yeah I cannot cosign that. When I was a child and came from Jamaica and lived in the hood in Fort Lauderdale, and then moved to Coral Springs when it was pretty much all white people.(mostly Jews) I can easily say they were the friendliest people I'd ever met in life. They were definitely not racist and I have plenty of friends that I grew up with to this day that always from day one treated me like family. Thats a BS generalization.

I just read the article he deserves what he got. I would have got a cop too, getting to old to start a fight. I would have also got a cop for the Miami fan doing the same. I don't care about excuses, why, It wasn't racist, he's a good guy BS.

Advertisement
Yeah I cannot cosign that. When I was a child and came from Jamaica and lived in the hood in Fort Lauderdale, and then moved to Coral Springs when it was pretty much all white people.(mostly Jews) I can easily say they were the friendliest people I'd ever met in life. They were definitely not racist and I have plenty of friends that I grew up with to this day that always from day one treated me like family. Thats a BS generalization.
Thank you for your testimony... God Bless you brother.

I'm quite sure he'll make his way to someone Minor league team, smh. But yea, UGA football can't have get that label. It would go downhill really, really fast lol.
That's unfortunate. While the comment was dumb, it's his right as an American to say that.

And it was the right of the people to call him out on it, seems like it was done over and over again. He's an ***** and paid very dearly for it as he should. There is no place in this country for that word it offends to many people. That's pretty much the only word that offends me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And it was the right of the people to call him out on it, seems like it was done over and over again. He's an ***** and paid very dearly for it as he should. There is no place in this country for that word it offends to many people. That's pretty much the only word that offends me.

No place in this country for that word? I agree! Yet - I hear African Americans say this word everyday. The hypocrisy is absurd. Jay-Z can create an album, drop that word 50 times and make a million dollars - but this kid gets kicked out of school and off his scholarship. We have to be able to have honest conversations about this and not default to bankrupt morals that are logically flawed from the start.

No place in this country for that word? I agree! Yet - I hear African Americans say this word everyday. The hypocrisy is absurd. Jay-Z can create an album, drop that word 50 times and make a million dollars - but this kid gets kicked out of school and off his scholarship. We have to be able to have honest conversations about this and not default to bankrupt morals that are logically flawed from the start.
Well, you need to be intellectually honest for that to happen. The BS argument that rappers use it all the time is weak. Context is everything.

Absolutely it is his right as an american to say that. No one would argue otherwise. Its also absolutely the school's right to kick him out and for people to detest him for it. Nothing "unfortunate" about it whatsoever, except the fact people that ignorant still exist in 2018.

He has a right to say that. The school or team has the right to have a code of conduct and dismiss him.

He doesn’t have a right to suffer no consequences. He knew what he was doing.

He wouldn’t come down to some of the neighborhoods down here and say that, I guarantee it. So he felt emboldened to say that. Because it’s that SEC environment. I can guarantee that at most SEC schools, maybe with the exception of Vanderbilt, that word is uttered on a frequent basis by the fans watching in the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back