OT: UF President Steps Down

Wonder if the UM makes a play for him, or has Frenk earned enough goodwill recently to continue on?

Fuchs wrote his own obituary with some recent missteps, but UF has made some significant moves on the academic front. **** near Top 20 while UM has gone down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fuchs is perceived as DeSantis' ***** = unhireable at Miami. Not that I want some UiF cast-off disirregardless.
Perceived? Pretty clear he is, and took it a step too far, which is why he's on his way out.

But politics aside, he did some good work and he has some ties to South Florida. Not saying he is my perceived pick, but wondering if he's just the kind of guy the BOT is looking for.

Advertisement
Perceived? Pretty clear he is, and took it a step too far, which is why he's on his way out.

But politics aside, he did some good work and he has some ties to South Florida. Not saying he is my perceived pick, but wondering if he's just the kind of guy the BOT is looking for.
Haha. Absolutely but I was intentionally restrained with my initial verbiage because I didn't necessarily want to start some extraneous political debate that'll obviously devolve quickly.

That said, UM isn't nearly as liberal institutionally as some people contend (or fear) but I think in this instance in this climate with that governor probably only going to be even more of a national figure that it would be a disqualier in relation to any opening we'd have at least prior to 2025.

Fuchs is perceived as DeSantis' *****
1qazx.gif

Advertisement
The reason he's stepping down has nothing to do with sports or academics.

Advertisement
Back